What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Orleans Opoku-Darkwa is an American football running back who is currently a free agent (2 Viewers)

Ilov80s

Footballguy
The guy looks good. 41 yards and a TD already. Literally have never heard of this guy. Where did he come from? Is there anything here?

Last edited by a moderator:
A light on the horizon, a glistening ray of hope, and the slim possibility of redemption for Arian Foster owners.

A light on the horizon, a glistening ray of hope, and the slim possibility of redemption for Arian Foster owners.
That was my thought. A gift from the gods sent to save my RB situation. Despite what anyone says, I am convinced he did not exist before today.

Fantasy college football players will remember that name because A. You don't forget that name and B. He was really good at Tulane.

Also, his Wikipedia page currently says this:

He is an immortal entity and co-founder of New Orleans.He is trained almost exclusively in the dark arts.
A few minutes ago it read:

College career[SIZE=small][edit][/SIZE]

Darkwa played college football at Tulane University from 2010 to 2013. During his career he rushed for 2,953 yards on 663 carries and 39 touchdowns.

His ability to generate 'what the ####s?' from fantasy football players is paramount.

That was my thought. A gift from the gods sent to save my RB situation. Despite what anyone says, I am convinced he did not exist before today.
As Eve was created from Adam's rib, perhaps Darkwa was created from Foster's achilles. Let it be so.

Pro Day (don't think he got a combine invite) numbers look pretty legit: 5-11 211 4.46 40 124 broad jump 37.5 vertical 6.9 3 cone 4.29 shuttle

I remember him looking good during preseason action on MIA last year. Seeing as how Philbin ignored him he may very well be the next Marshawn Lynch.

I've held this guy on all 4 of my teams for 2 years. He's the best all around RB on the Giants and hopefully he becomes the starter next year.

As a Giants fan, I think the biggest issue they have right now is no committment to the run game, and when you have a cluttered backfield like this one, no one RB can get into a rythm. As a result, they can't control the game flow, and by the 4th quarter their D is gassed. I didn't like the Jennings signing last off-season, though he looked good at times last year. Then, surprise, he got hurt. This season through 6 weeks it was apparent the Jennings-Williams-Vereen tri-fecto wasn't getting it done, then here comes Darkwa. Solid 1st half then--poof--used little in the 2nd half. I'm hoping the sample size today convinces Coughlin and Co that they need to start whittling down the backfield and stick with Darkwa for majority of the carries going forward. Mix Vereen in from time to time. Jennings can be sent packing, and Williams is depth (aka mop-up duty).

It'd be really foolish of the old man to not give this guy the majority of the carries next week (and beyond if he produces). This is a possible lightning in a bottle situation.

There was some buzz around him this offseason as he impressed Coughlin and crew during camp. That led me to pick him up before the season started, only to drop him last week for a bye week filler. :wall:

They certainly need some presence of a running game to try and keep as much pressure off Eli as possible, because when he's rushed he tends to throw to the wrong team. He did look better than Jennings and Williams (who doesn't) in that limited usage.

For those of us running thin at RB right now, that limited usage might work out in our favor to grab him for real cheap FAAB $ since he most likely won't be any kind of waiver wire darling like C West or C Michael were.

For those of you drooling over 8 carries for 48 yards and a TD, I have one word for you....Tomcoughlin.

Coughlin clearly hasn't been convinced to hand over the RB reigns to Jennings, Williams, or Vereen thus far...and he's got a history of not letting rookies get their fair share, even when they have shown the ability (see Wilson, David).

If your logic is that you want 1/4 of an RBBC, by all means, go ahead, but truthfully, there are other timeshares that probably are better if you're that desperate.

For those of you drooling over 8 carries for 48 yards and a TD, I have one word for you....Tomcoughlin.

Coughlin clearly hasn't been convinced to hand over the RB reigns to Jennings, Williams, or Vereen thus far...and he's got a history of not letting rookies get their fair share, even when they have shown the ability (see Wilson, David).

If your logic is that you want 1/4 of an RBBC, by all means, go ahead, but truthfully, there are other timeshares that probably are better if you're that desperate.
Darkwa is not a rookie.

I'm just hoping this guy provides a SPARK to my Big Blue's running game...and my fantasy team if I get him off waivers!

Homers, this guy legit? Seems like he has the tools and was just waiting for opportunity. Is it a committee? Jennings/Vereen's job safe? Or is Coughlin looking for a lead guy that he doesn't have in the others?

Week 7 Snap Count

Player Team Position Started Total Snaps Off Snaps Off Snap Pc

44-A.Williams NYG RB NO 16 5 9.0%

34-S.Vereen NYG RB NO 23 23 43.0%

26-O.Darkwa NYG RB NO 35 14 26.0%

23-R.Jennings NYG RB YES 13 11 21.0%

I hate to say it, but I agree, because I'm pulling for the Tulane Greenie (Darkwa) and he had some great games down here for an overmatched program. I don't think Coughlin can see what's in front of him often at RB. It's worked in the past when he had 1 pass catching back and one goalline short yardage back, and I have often liked the former in that offense, for instance Bradshaw a few years back, but I can't make heads or tails of the gameplan right now. I think Darkwa and Vereen would be a great combo, but I don't see them fully sitting a former drsft pick and a free agent signee. They just up and pulled Darkwa when he was taking off. [edited]

Anyone got the cajones to spot start him this week. I'm probably starting mccluster, but Darkwa seems to have more long term lottery type potential than a mccluster/sproles/Robinson type.

Darkwa reminds me of Andre Brown. Hopefully he can play his way into a consistent role and butt Jennings/Williams out of the picture.

I hate to say it, but I agree, because I'm pulling for the Tulane Greenie (Darkwa) and he had some great games down here for an overmatched program. I don't think Coughlin can see what's in front of him often at RB. It's worked in the past when he had 1 pass catching back and one goalline short yardage back, and I have often liked the former in that offense, for instance Bradshaw a few years back, but I can't make heads or tails of the gameplan right now. I think Darkwa and Vereen would be a great combo, but I don't see them fully sitting a first round pick and a free agent signee. They just up and pulled Darkwa when he was taking off.
Who is the 1st round pick you are referring to?

I hate to say it, but I agree, because I'm pulling for the Tulane Greenie (Darkwa) and he had some great games down here for an overmatched program. I don't think Coughlin can see what's in front of him often at RB. It's worked in the past when he had 1 pass catching back and one goalline short yardage back, and I have often liked the former in that offense, for instance Bradshaw a few years back, but I can't make heads or tails of the gameplan right now. I think Darkwa and Vereen would be a great combo, but I don't see them fully sitting a first round pick and a free agent signee. They just up and pulled Darkwa when he was taking off.
That was dumb of me, sorry, Andre Williams was a 4th round pick. I should have just said former draft pick.

That was dumb of me, sorry, Andre Williams was a 4th round pick. I should have just said former draft pick.
No problem. I was sincerely searching. Not meant to be a swipe. Thanks. :)

I don't think Coughlin cares about pedigree or free agent signing. Not to say Darkwa will take over, but there is a reason that he gave Darkwa carries at the expense of the other RBs.

Once Coughlin likes someone, he often sticks with him so keep an eye on this situation.

Users who are viewing this thread