Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Ilov80s

Orleans Opoku-Darkwa is an American football running back who is currently a free agent

I was happy to trade him away. I feel like the Giants have made it clear that he isn't their guy. They are more than willing to keep giving underproducing draft picks extra opportunities to take control of the backfield. It seems like no matter how well Darkwa does, he never has the coaches behind him.

Edited by WiDDoW_MaKeR

On 12/31/2017 at 1:08 PM, BigSteelThrill said:

Nice finish to a solid year.

From nowhere to 171 carries for 751 yards (4.39) and 7 TDs.   And the vast majority of that was in the last 11 weeks.

Yes, it was a monster finish but I hated how not committed the Giants we're to him for long stretches.

Hope he gets a shot to be the lead guy next year but with a house cleaning going on that doesn't seem likely.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10102/orleans-darkwa

Free agent RB Orleans Darkwa is visiting the Patriots on Monday.

Darkwa has received surprisingly little interest on the open market despite a breakout 171/751/5 rushing line last season behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league. The Giants were reportedly interested in re-signing Darkwa, but that ship has likely sailed after they gave Jonathan Stewart $3 million guaranteed.

Related: Giants, Patriots

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

33 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Guys like this are so perplexing. They get carries and they produce but then never get a legitimate shot to be the man. It’s bizzare. 

Agreed. I'm not saying any team should make Darkwa a bellcow, but he seems like the ideal 3rd back on an NFL team. If I was the Panthers, I would be all over him. I assume they are going to draft a RB to help out CMc. Darkwa would give them a nice cushion in case the draft goes awry. 

14 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Agreed. I'm not saying any team should make Darkwa a bellcow, but he seems like the ideal 3rd back on an NFL team. If I was the Panthers, I would be all over him. I assume they are going to draft a RB to help out CMc. Darkwa would give them a nice cushion in case the draft goes awry. 

He'll get a spot, but teams typically wait on guys like this until they see what they get in the draft.  Maybe CAR drafts Guice according to their plan but then maybe Josh Adams is there in the 5th and they have a high grade on him too.

It's kind of a veteran courtesy to not sign a guy then cut him a couple weeks later - teams tend to let the guy go somewhere that's willing to commit (and maybe guarantee money) to the player longer than just the last weekend in April.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

He'll get a spot, but teams typically wait on guys like this until they see what they get in the draft.  Maybe CAR drafts Guice according to their plan but then maybe Josh Adams is there in the 5th and they have a high grade on him too.

It's kind of a veteran courtesy to not sign a guy then cut him a couple weeks later - teams tend to let the guy go somewhere that's willing to commit (and maybe guarantee money) to the player longer than just the last weekend in April.

Probably not the case but Darkwa could be sitting tight as well...he is at an important point of his career and may want to see how the draft pans out before he signs...he doesn’t need to sign somewhere than have them draft someone like Barkley...that would kill his opportunity to be productive...

• Like 2