What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Raheem Mostert, MIA (1 Viewer)

Okay, if Breida dies not play, who's starting Mostert and who are you starting him over?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fabs just called him the #1 sleeper start for this week.   :oldunsure:
the infamous kiss of death.

funny how this year is working out at RB.  TG i didn't draft one till the 6th.

thinking good game or two and move him for a playoff upgrade somewhere else.  or maybe he has shanny jrs trust and who knows.

• Thinking
Reactions: -X-
Aha...  So Fabs is the equivalent of Jason Canfora for FF?  I haven’t paid attention to his prognostications too much.
I don't know much about him to be honest.

But anytime one of the "experts" picks one of my players as his flavor of the week, I duck

• Smile
Aha...  So Fabs is the equivalent of Jason Canfora for FF?  I haven’t paid attention to his prognostications too much.
There's honestly more collective FF experience and good advise here in the pool (if you can avoid the floating turds) than ANY alleged professional prognosticator or website. 

And several of the *experts* were spawned here.  Cecil, FnL, etc.  I'm sure there's more.

The local info is invaluable. 

• Smile
No question there and I’ve been keeping up on several podcasts (including Bloom & Cecil) to cross-reference “expert” opinions with the general sentiment here.  I especially enjoy the local “insider” inputs that sometimes spring up here.

Okay, if Breida dies not play, who's starting Mostert and who are you starting him over?
In full pt ppr have Zeke on bye and am starting RM over Gore, Barber, R Jones. 

In .5ppr have Gordon on bye(injured too) and am playing RM over McCoy and R Jones.

choo choo?

In full pt ppr have Zeke on bye and am starting RM over Gore, Barber, R Jones. 

In .5ppr have Gordon on bye(injured too) and am playing RM over McCoy and R Jones.

choo choo?
To get away from the Bucs backfield, I'm going to drop Barber for Mostert.  Niners are not good but lots more production from their RBs than in TB.  

I won't start him this week but will need to week 9.  Good seeing all the believers here.  

Flexing him over J Gordon in FFPC. 
I have read all the Mostert over X posts and this is the only one that stands out.

I have never played FFPC so maybe I don't understand a nuance about it but this seems like a bold (ie risky) move, particularly without knowledge of Breida's status.

IMO Mostert has a lower floor and ceiling than Gordon. Would you mind explaining your logic?

I have read all the Mostert over X posts and this is the only one that stands out.

I have never played FFPC so maybe I don't understand a nuance about it but this seems like a bold (ie risky) move, particularly without knowledge of Breida's status.

IMO Mostert has a lower floor and ceiling than Gordon. Would you mind explaining your logic?
I'll only do it assuming Breida is out. I love Gordon, but his high PPR score is 14 this year (yes I know it's trending up).

Have you watched Mostert? He passes the eye test for me and if Breida is out I think this is his time. Facing the worst team in rush D doesn't hurt.

Still hoping Breida is out to make it a really strong play with such a great MU...

Starting Mostert over Clement/Smallwood or Hines. 

With MGordon out, Mostert was an easy pick-up-and-plug-in for me.  Gotta like that he's facing a defense that can be gashed.  His YPC and burst suggest that he could really do some damage against that D.  Why they'd give extended looks to the plodding Alfred Morris would be beyond me.  But they'll still probably give Morris some looks to keep Mostert fresh.  

Assuming Breida isn't playing.  DNP on Thursday typically means he's not playing.

With MGordon out, Mostert was an easy pick-up-and-plug-in for me.  Gotta like that he's facing a defense that can be gashed.  His YPC and burst suggest that he could really do some damage against that D.  Why they'd give extended looks to the plodding Alfred Morris would be beyond me.  But they'll still probably give Morris some looks to keep Mostert fresh.  

Assuming Breida isn't playing.  DNP on Thursday typically means he's not playing.
Didn't Breida fail to practice all week and then he miraculously was active?

Didn't Breida fail to practice all week and then he miraculously was active?
Week 6, he did not practice Wednesday or Thursday, and was a Limited Participant on Friday.

Last week, he was a Limited Particpant on Wednesday and Thursday, and was a Full Participant on Friday.

He played in both those games.

This week, he did not practice Wednesday or Thursday, but he was a Full Participant on Friday.

Week 6, he did not practice Wednesday or Thursday, and was a Limited Participant on Friday.

Last week, he was a Limited Particpant on Wednesday and Thursday, and was a Full Participant on Friday.

This week, he did not practice Wednesday or Thursday, but he was a Full Participant on Friday.

Limited today.

Limited today.
Listed as FP at 49ers.com here.

Can't do it.  Sitting behind Chubb and Manny @ flex.  The matchup does look good tho.

Not a bad problem to have for a lot of us.  Not sure he cracks my line up sans injuries, but maybe he does take over the job, and at least he's not on someone else's roster.

Go boilers.

Can't do it.  Sitting behind Chubb and Manny @ flex.  The matchup does look good tho.

Not a bad problem to have for a lot of us.  Not sure he cracks my line up sans injuries, but maybe he does take over the job, and at least he's not on someone else's roster.

Go boilers.
Takes over the job?   Unless Brieda is unable to play, I don't see that happening.   Maybe I missed some rumors.  

who you all starting him over or considering starting him over?

I am considering him over Ingram and Chubb

For those that watched the game, what happened? I know Breida got the start but I expected him to get worked in more. 

I suppose there was a reason he was restricted to special teams duty for so long.  Yes he looked good when he got a chance, but probably more of a surprise to the staff and they don't believe that's who he is I'd think.

Raheem Mostert sustained a fractured arm in the 49ers' Week 9 game against the Raiders, and he is likely out for the season.

It was a gruesome and painful injury for the young back, and it came on a night where he scored his first career touchdown. With Mostert likely out for the season according to coach Shanahan, the 49ers will roll with Matt Breida as the primary back with Alfred Morris entering as a change of pace. Alfred Morris is a worthwhile add with Breida playing through multiple injuries.

Source: Matt Maiocco on Twitter 

Nov 2 - 12:00 AM

Brutal. He was looking like the best rb they had.

Leaning towards stashing him on IR in dyno and seeing where he ends up. Per Rotoworld he appears to be a UFA and he seems to have shown enough to get a shot at a role

Deamon said:
Calling it "fractured" feels like the understatement of the year.
That was one of the most gruesome injuries that I have witnessed... and it seemed such a weird way to get it, too.  Just bracing from a fall.  Poor guy.

Users who are viewing this thread