What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite French Tunes (1 Viewer)

My wife lived in France in the late 80s/early90s and volunteered Joue Pas
Mee-chele my bell
Francoise Hardy - Comment te dire adieu?

Les Negresses Vertes - Zobi La Mouche

Stromae - Alors on danse

Carla Bruni - Quelqu'un ma dit

France Gall - Laisse tomber les filles

Francois and the Atlas Mountains - La Verite

There's a bunch of West and North African songs from former colonies that may be in French but I can't vouch for 100% authenticity. Likewise for Cajun/Acadian music.
What is the matter with you morons?

Plastic Bertrand is always the first one I think of when I think "French song".

Scratch that... second one. Here's the obvious choice.

Like the MC Solar mention up thread too. Phoenix is a decent recent choice for poppy indie stuff.

eta: and I've always been partial to Bonnie and Clyde.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oldie from 1967 -- Claude François, "Comme d'habitude"

Sinatra later covered this under the title "My Way".
Very different lyrics from Sinatra's.

I get out of bed And I bump into you It doesn't wake you up As usual I pull the sheet up Over you Afraid you might be cold As usual My hand Strokes your hair Almost unwillingly As usual But you You turn your back on me As usual And then I dress up quickly I get out of the room As usual All on my own I drink my coffee I'm late at work As usual Without a noise I leave the house It's all grey outside As usual I'm cold I turn up my collar As usual As usual All day long Like it's a game I'll be pretending As usual I'll be smiling Yeah, as usual I'll even be laughing As usual I'll live at last Yeah, as usual And then Day will go But I'll come back As usual You You'll be out already Not home yet As usual All on my own I'll go to sleep In this big cold bed As usual My tears I will cover As usual As usual Even at night Like it's a game I'll be pretending As usual You'll come back home As usual I'll be waiting As usual You'll be smiling at me Yeah, as usual As usual You'll get undressed As usual You'll go to bed Yeah, as usual And we'll kiss As usual As usual We will pretend Yeah, as usual We'll make love Yeah, as usual We will pretend Yeah, as usual..

Users who are viewing this thread