What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Marvel's Jessica Jones -Netflix original series- Series Canceled but 3rd and Final Season live as of June 2019 (1 Viewer)

Nathan R. Jessep

Footballguy
Didn't see a dedicated thread so thought I'd crank one up before it starts next month.

Marvel's Jessica Jones
Season 2 debuts March 8, 2018

After a tragic ending to her short-lived Super Hero stint, Jessica Jones is rebuilding her personal life and career as a private detective in Hell's Kitchen. It's time the world knew her name...

Official Trailer (Season 1)

Season 2 Trailer

Season 2 Trailer 2

netflix.com/marvelsjessicajones

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to this one. They did well with DD, and I'm hoping they carry this over with JJ and Luke Cage.

Starring this to give it a shot. Never heard of her before this moment, but always willing to give something Marvel a try

Nathan R. Jessep said:
avoiding injuries said:
I just started the Flash on Netflix and really like it. Is there a thread for that one?
Don't think so. I haven't seen any of Flash. Any good? Was that the one that was on CW for a little while (or still)?
It was excellent. Like, really good.

First episode was ... slow but I like the way they're setting it up.

ETA: I'm going to try not to binge watch this .... 1 per day at most

The season long story arc concept only works if you care about the story, which as of this point, I am not sure that i do. On the sixth episode and not sold yet, but enough to stay in.

I just started the Flash on Netflix and really like it. Is there a thread for that one?
Don't think so. I haven't seen any of Flash. Any good? Was that the one that was on CW for a little while (or still)?
It's kind of funny - generally, DC has been grittier and Marvel has been shinier.

But Daredevil is super gritty (dude's ability seems to be that he can get the crap beaten out of him every day) and Flash is all shiny.

It's kind of funny - generally, DC has been grittier and Marvel has been shinier.But Daredevil is super gritty (dude's ability seems to be that he can get the crap beaten out of him every day) and Flash is all shiny.
only Christopher Nolan Batman was gritty

Just watched the first three episodes, and I'm in. I like it better than Daredevil. A little too raunchy, which is too bad because the kids can't watch it. But that chick from Breaking Bad is really good. She must have learned a thing our two from that show - seriously impressed with her chops.

I should mention I know nothing about her character or the comics, and when those elevator doors closed I was on the edge of my seat.

Love the tie in to the broader universe as well, with several references to public safety concerns about powered individuals.

Lemond Bishop brings a nice presence too. Interesting combination of powers in the two of them.

I don't know any of the backstory, but was mildly intrigued by episode 1. Is the bad guy stalking her supposed to be like an evil Professor X?

Finished the binge watching and it was OK to me. Too many inside stories if you are like me and have never heard of her in the comics before. Still was watchable, but I was not thrilled with the way the storyline went. No spoilers.

Just watched the first episode where she had no problem lifting the back end of a car, but she has trouble carrying a half-naked chick out of a hotel room. Yes I'll give it a few more episodes.

The sex scenes were really good for regular tv style show ratings. I wouldn't mind having someone as aggressive as Jessica taking that ride on me.

Through episode 5 and really digging it so far. The dude who plays Kilgrave is great, really plays the character with restraint. I also like the fact that there's a female hero who kicks the #### out of most of the bad guys. I also really like how they make Jessica's and Luke's powers "seem" like they belong in real life. Like they're not just launching into the air or picking cars up to chuck at people.

Big fan.

Binge watched. Big fan as well.

Great acting and entertaining storylines and characters. Good stuff.

Only through episode 3 so far, really liking it. Not sure if I'd rate it above Daredevil right now but it's very good.

The Big Guy said:
The sex scenes were really good for regular tv style show ratings. I wouldn't mind having someone as aggressive as Jessica taking that ride on me.
I enjoyed them but my kids won't be watching this show unless I find a way to skip all of those scenes.

Anyone would tell you that this show is not for kids. If you've spent more than five seconds researching the show before plopping your kid in front of it, you'd know that. I'm pretty sure the rating on Netflix will tell you that.

No argument there. I wish they had stuck with pg but there it's no surprise here.

The Big Guy said:
Not me. I'd be afraid of something getting broke.

Saw the first episode and thought it was only ok. Definitely below DD and even below some of the Network stuff like Flash and Arrow. I'll watch the rest, but I won't binge it like I did with DD.

Saw the first episode and thought it was only ok. Definitely below DD and even below some of the Network stuff like Flash and Arrow. I'll watch the rest, but I won't binge it like I did with DD.
2nd and 3rd episodes were better than Arrow or Flash IMO.

Daredevil

Jessica Jones

Agent Carter

Flash

Gotham

SHIELD

Arrow (admittedly, Arrow is better I just never got into it)

Supergirl

Daredevil

Jessica Jones

Agent Carter

Flash

Gotham

SHIELD

Supergirl
You're right, second ep was better. As of now, I'll go:

DD

Flash

Arrow

Jessica

Gotham

SG

Never cared for Carter or SHIELD.

Daredevil

Jessica Jones

Agent Carter

Flash

Gotham

SHIELD

Supergirl
You're right, second ep was better. As of now, I'll go:

DD

Flash

Arrow

Jessica

Gotham

SG

Never cared for Carter or SHIELD.
Shield's getting really good now. It took about 2 1/2 seasons, but it's definitely hit its stride.

Users who are viewing this thread