What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 8 (1 Viewer)

Scoresman

Footballguy
Thursday, October 29th
8:25 PM EST : Miami ( 7.5 ) at New England ( -7.5 ) —- T: 51

Sunday, November 1st
9:30 AM EST : Detroit ( 3.5 ) at Kansas City ( -3.5 ) —- T: 47
1:00 PM EST : San Francisco ( 7.5 ) at St Louis ( -7.5 ) —- T: 39
1:00 PM EST : San Diego ( – ) at Baltimore ( – ) —- T: 50.5
1:00 PM EST : Cincinnati ( – ) at Pittsburgh ( – ) —- T: 48.5
1:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -2.5 ) at Chicago ( 2.5 ) —- T: 42
1:00 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 7.5 ) at Atlanta ( -7.5 ) —- T: 48
1:00 PM EST : Tennessee ( – ) at Houston ( – ) —- T: —
1:00 PM EST : Arizona ( -4 ) at Cleveland ( 4 ) —- T: 46
1:00 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3.5 ) at New Orleans ( -3.5 ) —- T: 49
4:05 PM EST : NY Jets ( (Pick) ) at Oakland ( (Pick) ) —- T: 44
4:25 PM EST : Seattle ( -5.5 ) at Dallas ( 5.5 ) —- T: 40.5
8:30 PM EST : Green Bay ( -2.5 ) at Denver ( 2.5 ) —- T: 46

Monday, November 2nd
8:30 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 5.5 ) at Carolina ( -5.5 ) —- T: 46

Tough week for defense.. Cards and Rams are "it" right now.. All others are :oldunsure:

Denver .. but vs. Packers..

Carolina..but v.s Luck

Maybe the Vikings as Cutler loves to turn it over.. But in Chicago and Forte gives me hesitation..

Atlanta could be a decent option v.s. Tampa..

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree that it looks like a heavy STL D week again. Too bad they jumped $600...that $4500 price was nice.

I am kinda feeling the Greenbay defense this week. Manning in throwing pick 6's, they are fumbling, and just not a good offense overall.

Tough week for defense.. Cards and Rams are "it" right now.. All others are :oldunsure:

Denver .. but vs. Packers..

Carolina..but v.s Luck

Maybe the Vikings as Cutler loves to turn it over.. But in Chicago and Forte gives me hesitation..

Atlanta could be a decent option v.s. Tampa..
Is Luck really all that scary right now?

Well Gurley at 8100 and Forsett at 6900 look pretty good. I'll probably try to get some exposure to Jones and Freeman at home against Tampa. I also like Forte at home. Jeffery at 7700 could be good and Brown at J Brown at 6700 still looks nice. Decker only got another $200 bump and keeps getting targets.

First runs at using the Thursday slate. I am nervous that I am fading it, but not sure I love anyone at their price. Brady is expensive, NE RB could be murky if Lewis is back, Edelman banged up, Gronk too pricey, and all the Miami guys in a road division game. It could bite me, but here are 3 lineups I have right now.

Newton

Gurley

Forsett

Jeffery

Decker

J Brown

G Olsen

St Louis

G Gano

Hoyer - What else are they going to do besides try to throw now?

Forte

Gurley

J Jones

M Crabtree

J Brown

D Walker

Lambo

St Louis

P Rivers

D Freeman

Forsett

Maclin (As long as he practices)

K Allen

M Floyd (still dirt cheap)

T Eifert

Santos

St Louis

If you're going to play Thursday Gostkowski seems like a good play
I do agree, just couldn't fit the 5100 price tag in and thought having the Rams and their 5100 was more important. I'll play around some more though, thanks.

First Sun/Mon cash game try:

Cam Netwon

Devonta Freeman

Justin Forsett

Julio Jones

Nate Washington

Travis Benjamin

Delanie Walker

Mike Nugent

St. Louis Rams

Will likely retool to remove two high variance WRs.

LeFell is a guy Im going to have going in some Thursday GPPs. He had 8 targets, I expect him to get some target to start the game and as long as he catches them I can see Brady looking his way quite a bit just as a welcome back. His breakout game last year, about this time, was a Thursday night game too I believe.

Thurs Nite Fade

Newton - This will be a high scoring game.

Freeman - How can you not

Forsett - Looked good Monday night and catches the Chargers D

Brown - Assuming Ben is back, he'll get Brown back onto the radar

Moncrief - Still cheap

Jones - Like the upside here

Bennett - TE is tough this week but I think he gets back to normal

Lambo - Cheap K on high scoring team

ATL D - Gut feeling, may switch to GB or run another version with GB

LeFell is a guy Im going to have going in some Thursday GPPs. He had 8 targets, I expect him to get some target to start the game and as long as he catches them I can see Brady looking his way quite a bit just as a welcome back. His breakout game last year, about this time, was a Thursday night game too I believe.
He looked terrible against the Jets...too many drops.

How many of you are playing in Thursday contests but fading the game entirely? Tough to do this week seeing how its the highest O/U total.

How many of you are playing in Thursday contests but fading the game entirely? Tough to do this week seeing how its the highest O/U total.
I've kinda been on a NE fade anyway (in cash games) due to salary levels for some (Brady and Gronk) and uncertainty of role for others (Dion and Blount) and not know where the ball will be thrown to others (Edelman, Amendola, etc.). There is no disputing NE's offensive prowess, but the sheer volume of the guys who can catch a piece of it makes it tough, and if you want to be reasonably assured of getting a good piece of it you have to pay dearly for Brady or Gronk. The salary squeeze on Brady and Gronk has been compounded by the near-universal belief that high-priced RBs (Freeman and Gurley) and WRs (Hopkins) have to be rostered.

It will be interesting to see if this "new and improved" Dolphins team is any good against a non-AFC South team.

Hell shake off the rust hopefully next week so ownership will be very low in week 9.

Hell shake off the rust hopefully next week so ownership will be very low in week 9.
that's exactly what I'm thinking. Won't play him in a large slate cash lineup(although I'm deciding between him and amendola for the Thursday small slate), but he's perfect for a gpp

Thurs Nite Fade

Moncrief - Still cheap

I like this call for Brown at $8400, on that assumption. Maybe worth the risk for Thursday anyways, as Brown had 16 points against KC with Landry Jones. If Ben gets the green light on Fri/Sat, his ownership should increase. I had previously been penciling in Julio as my WR1, but this would open up 800 for upgrades.

What "Jones" is this, Marvin?

Here's what I got:

Cam

Gurley, Forsett

Brown, Jeffery, Crabtree

Walker, Gano, Rams

Thurs Nite Fade

Moncrief - Still cheap

I like this call for Brown at $8400, on that assumption. Maybe worth the risk for Thursday anyways, as Brown had 16 points against KC with Landry Jones. If Ben gets the green light on Fri/Sat, his ownership should increase. I had previously been penciling in Julio as my WR1, but this would open up 800 for upgrades.

What "Jones" is this, Marvin?

Here's what I got:

Cam

Gurley, Forsett

Brown, Jeffery, Crabtree

Walker, Gano, Rams
James Jones

Fading the Thursday game scares me this week... I'll probably look to either include Gronk in Thursday lineups, or hold out until Sundays.

Initial pass at Sunday's slate:

Rivers

Gurley

Woodhead

Mike Evans

Jeffery

Diggs

Eifert

Boswell

Titans

Rivers is rolling, has a team that can't run the ball very well, and now faces the league's worst pass defense. Gurley is obvious until he gives us other reasons. Woodhead has such a high floor right now that I think he's a safe play, though I'm torn in getting Forsett in the lineup and downgrading elsewhere to do so. Jeffery feels like a steal at his price and will be targeted relentlessly by Cutler. With no Vincent Jackson, I'm expecting a ton of targets for Evans as well in a game they're likely chasing. Diggs' price is increasing, but still doesn't match the upside yet at $6,700. Eifert at TE now gets to play against the Steelers, who are nearly as bad as the Raiders in defending the TE. Boswell is a kicker. Titans are probably among the best from the cheap slate of DSTs this week, getting a Houston team without Foster. Tennessee's weakness is against the run... they're actually pretty solid against the pass. Houston sucked running the ball in games without Foster...

Another reason to consider Thursday games is Charcandrick West in the London game. Forsett is a significantly better value in that price range, but if youre looking for another cheap RB hes a solid option. Great GPP play IMO too, low ownership in a London game, if the Lions come out flat again good chance he hits 3x value.

The IVC loves the Chiefs passing game. Don't think I can go there though. Or anything else under 7k at QB for that matter.

I just noticed I can play only 1pm slate...I am such a newb.. Do people typically find those harder or easier in 50/50?

With V-Jax looking out and Maclin getting in a full practice I am liking this for my main lineup Thursday, still tweaking of course...

Cam

D Freeman (I l ike Gurley too and will probably have a variation lineup with Gurley)

Forsett (the price is really nice)

M Evans (They have two healthy WR's and the game should be high scoring)

J Maclin (When he plays he gets targets, looks safe to use)

M Crabtree (At 5700 he has been getting his targets, not a great matchup against the Jets though, might alter this one some.)

Eifert (Steelers will have to focus on AJ, could be a good day for Tyler)

Pick a Kicker - Nugent, Boswell, Lambo, etc.

St Louis

So as of today with the info we have I think I like the following guys and am looking to get them in a few lineups

QB - Newton and Rivers are the two I like the most

RB - Freeman, Forsett, Gurley, West, Forte

WR - Maclin, Evans, K Allen, J Brown, Julio, Decker, Jeffery,

TE - Eifert, Olsen, Bennett, Walker

K- I don't know, I can't seem to fit Gotskowski in, Bryant could be good at home, and then I'll just go cheap if neither of those fit

D - St Louis

Looks to be some reverse line movement on the SF StL game. 92% of the money is on SF. :shock:
Line started at -7.5, currently up to -8.5/ -9. Locker room is imploding in SF, Im not saying STL is good, but SF is already a smoldering dumpster fire.

With V-Jax looking out and Maclin getting in a full practice I am liking this for my main lineup Thursday, still tweaking of course...

Cam

D Freeman (I l ike Gurley too and will probably have a variation lineup with Gurley)

Forsett (the price is really nice)

M Evans (They have two healthy WR's and the game should be high scoring)

J Maclin (When he plays he gets targets, looks safe to use)

M Crabtree (At 5700 he has been getting his targets, not a great matchup against the Jets though, might alter this one some.)

Eifert (Steelers will have to focus on AJ, could be a good day for Tyler)

Pick a Kicker - Nugent, Boswell, Lambo, etc.

St Louis

So as of today with the info we have I think I like the following guys and am looking to get them in a few lineups

QB - Newton and Rivers are the two I like the most

RB - Freeman, Forsett, Gurley, West, Forte

WR - Maclin, Evans, K Allen, J Brown, Julio, Decker, Jeffery,

TE - Eifert, Olsen, Bennett, Walker

K- I don't know, I can't seem to fit Gotskowski in, Bryant could be good at home, and then I'll just go cheap if neither of those fit

D - St Louis
Good list -- would add Diggs at WR and Woodhead at RB. Also, with Gates not practicing again today, Ladarius Green might be the one that lets us load up every other position. He's $5,300.

That's the money line action, not against the spread.

EDIT: the ATS wagering is about even right now.

Hmm. That makes sense but I know I was referred to that site via an article somewhere that explained it as the Spread column representing the total number of bets against the spread (ie: how the public is betting), and the Money column representing where the money of those bets were(ie: where the pros were betting).

Hmm. That makes sense but I know I was referred to that site via an article somewhere that explained it as the Spread column representing the total number of bets against the spread (ie: how the public is betting), and the Money column representing where the money of those bets were(ie: where the pros were betting).
The "spread" column for that game is 49-51. The "money" column is 95-5. There's probably not much action on the ML at all and whatever there is almost assuredly isn't coming from sharps.EDIT: Re-read your post. I can't fathom that's what the "money" column means. "Money" means "money line" (i.e., who will win outright at the odds bet) to sports gamblers.

Can one of you educate me as to what this means?

-4 1/2 -10

46u -10

What do the -10 represent?

I know the -4.5 is what the spread is and 46u is the over/under

Thanks

Can one of you educate me as to what this means?

-4 1/2 -10

46u -10

What do the -10 represent?

I know the -4.5 is what the spread is and 46u is the over/under

Thanks
I'm assuming it should be "-110", not "-10". The former means that the wager pays $100 for every $110 wagered. That's the juice or vig. -110 is the default and many books won't show it. Sometimes books need to entice action one way or the other and that will be reflected as "-120" (or more) on one side of the wager and maybe "+105" on the other side.

Not to get too nerdy, but has anyone done enough analysis on these projections to determine whether they actually follow a normal distribution?

Think I need to wait out the injury news this week. VJax, Roethlisberger, J. Brown, Gates. If Roethlisberger plays and the others sit I'll probably be using Evans, A. Brown, M. Floyd and Green everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread