What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 8 (1 Viewer)

Think I need to wait out the injury news this week. VJax, Roethlisberger, J. Brown, Gates. If Roethlisberger plays and the others sit I'll probably be using Evans, A. Brown, M. Floyd and Green everywhere.
Yeah, I'm working on 2 Thursday lineups, one assuming Ben plays and the other assuming he does not. If he plays I absolutely love Antonio to get rolling again almost immediately. If he doesn't, I don't think Antonio is rosterable at his salary.

I'm putting in Thurs lineups with the assumption Ben is playing and Gates is not. At TE, I'll have 50% allocated to Green and 50% allocated to Walker. I have one lineup with Brown. I'm not going nutty...saving that for Sunday.

I'm putting in Thurs lineups with the assumption Ben is playing and Gates is not. At TE, I'll have 50% allocated to Green and 50% allocated to Walker. I have one lineup with Brown. I'm not going nutty...saving that for Sunday.
My M.O. has been to build 1 Thursday-Monday lineup and 3 Sunday-Monday lineups, mostly just due to time. I typically just don't have the time to work-up 2 lineups by Thursday that I feel good about. Some weeks it's all I can do to make sure I can get my rosters right in my full-season leagues before kick-off on Thursday night.

My M.O. has been to build 1 Thursday-Monday lineup and 3 Sunday-Monday lineups, mostly just due to time. I typically just don't have the time to work-up 2 lineups by Thursday that I feel good about. Some weeks it's all I can do to make sure I can get my rosters right in my full-season leagues before kick-off on Thursday night.
I hear ya...it is easy this week though because Newton/Dalton/Rivers, Walker/Green, and that pack of WRs around 7700-8000 are easily interchangeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting to overthink Devonta. I think ATL comes out early with a big lead. Is Freeman the guy they use in garbage time to run out the clock? Or is that when they bring in Coleman?

Hardest week of the year so far ... cannot get a feel for it at all. Salaries are tight and not in love with any of the cash play QB at the high-end and this week is lacks a low salaried cash option

Early thoughts ... you can go big at both RB and low at WR, while trying to use Eifert, or you try and fit a Julio or Hopkins in and go lower at RB2 (Forsett)

If Decker is slowed; J Brown is out and Big Ben plays ...

Cam

Gurley/Forsett

Julio/M Bryant/Floyd

Eifert

4600K (Rams)

Rams D

Not in love with Cam at QB and you can pivot to M Ryan or Cutler

Feels like a week to go low on entries

Messed with it ...

Cam

Gurley/Forsett

A Brown, Fitz, Snead

Walker

4600 K

Rams D

Again ... only if Big Ben plays. Still not loving Cam

D people find it easier to play the double up and 50/50 with the sunday monday slate, vs the sunday slate, or say the sunday 1pm only slate?

D people find it easier to play the double up and 50/50 with the sunday monday slate, vs the sunday slate, or say the sunday 1pm only slate?
As a whole, the smaller the slate the lower the score needed to win. If you're using 1p guys anyway , play the smaller slate.

I just made a h2h and it sat for a bit then got picked up by a guy with only a few wins. I think I finally made it out of fishing script hell. Time to celebrate!

Messed with it ...

Cam

Gurley/Forsett

A Brown, Fitz, Snead

Walker

4600 K

Rams D

Again ... only if Big Ben plays. Still not loving Cam
Dalton instead of Cam? That game could be a shootout.
The Steelers OWN the Bengals. I cannot recall the exact stats provided on the ESPN screen shot but I remember this one ...

Dalton averages 17 points against the Steelers

Yeah ... regression ... a guy is due ... Steelers D is bad and that is being generous ... but this screams of Big Brother getting over on Little Brother one more time. And, yeah, I love Eifert this weekend but Dalton scares me. I know ... that is odd ... but not there yet on Dalton this week

Of course, I cannot do my normal process of research because the good people at PFF have made their Premium Stats disappear yet they are still being referenced in reporting this week. Very curious. Wonder what status I would need to have to still have access to those stats, as their new stats format is useless.

I think M Ryan might be in a nice spot. Dome ... team projects for 31-32 points ... very assumptive to think this is a D Freeman only game. Tampa's secondary is awful. Love Ryan in GPP and drifting their for cash. Cash is paying for a safe floor and 280/2 is very realistic. Feels like a Julio game too.

Gurley/Forsett seem like the cash pairing. Both at home; favored and have great match-ups. If Ben plays, Bell has to be in consideration.

John Brown may be out this weekend. Already being reported. If so, Floyd becomes the best, cheap option. It was Diggs two weeks ago. Nate Washington last week. Floyd this week, as Harden & Gipson are back. Floyd will have a decent individual match-up

Avg DFS person is so easily swayed that I expect Hopkins, who was owned between 50-60% last week, to plummet this week. However, he has a cake match-up. Jones got robbed of a second TD last weekend and I can Hopkins doing Hopkins things on Sunday. Same with A Brown if Big Ben plays.

OBJ is one of my favorite GPP plays. People easily swayed. He has been quiet. Think Evans and Hilton last week

TE seems to be Eifert, Walker and L Green.

K ... NF idea

Defense ... Rams. Niners project to score 11 points. I could envision Kaepernick being benched in this one. Reads of a soul breaking, tail kicking

Feel badly I have not been able to participate as much

My Thur-Mon lineup:

QB: Matt Stafford

RB: Todd Gurley
RB: Danny Woodhead
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Julian Edleman
WR: Martavis Bryant

TE: Ladarius Green
K: Chris Boswell
D: Titans

I'm ending up with a ton of Woodhead, Gurley, Martin, Stevie Johnson, Marvin Jones, and S Diggs in my lineups.

I don't love Foreset. His matchup looks good but the Ravens O just hasn't shown me enough as they get near the goal line. Plus he's not catching anywhere near as many passes as I thought he would.

I'm worried that teams finally start throwing more coverage towards Diggs.

Luckily, with John Brown likely out, Floyd is such a bargain that I dont need to worry about other cheap WRs.

Yep with the recent news I have moved to a lot of L Green and M Floyd for the Thurs - Sun. Hopefully people that got in don't get to change their lineups with that news. I am basically fading tonight as I just couldn't pay up for Gronk/Brady and don't want to guess on who else will do well. Here is to a low scoring ugly game with the usual people playing 7 guys in the Thursday slate.

THURS-SUN AM lineup:

Stafford/Brady

Dion Lewis

Charcandric West

Calvin Johnson

Edelman/Amendola

Jarvis Landry

Travis Kelce

Cairo Santos

Patriots D

Hillman seems like very good value.
Compare his stats and price to Freeman's stats and price and report back to us.
What's the point of comparing him to the #1 back? I simply said that he seems like good value at a low price with a likely high scoring matchup against GB. News is that he's been running with the 1st team so he should be in line for even more touches this week. In fact, I think he's a great compliment to having Freeman as your high cost back.

What's the point of comparing him to the #1 back? I simply said that he seems like good value at a low price with a likely high scoring matchup against GB. News is that he's been running with the 1st team so he should be in line for even more touches this week. In fact, I think he's a great compliment to having Freeman as your high cost back.
Seems risky when you have really solid plays like Freeman, Gurley, and Forsett.

Freeman is $3k more expensive, Gurley $2k, and Forsett $800. I don't love Forsett and paring Hillman with Freeman or Gurley still leaves you flexibility to pursue quality elsewhere. I'm running Hillman out in a number of lineups so I'll learn one way or the other after Sunday.

Freeman is $3k more expensive, Gurley $2k, and Forsett $800. I don't love Forsett and paring Hillman with Freeman or Gurley still leaves you flexibility to pursue quality elsewhere. I'm running Hillman out in a number of lineups so I'll learn one way or the other after Sunday.
I had looked at Hillman also as a GPP option, he's very risky but in the same range as guys like DMC and Woodhead.

Here is my thing about hillman and I have him in season long too. I honestly am not sure this week will be that great for him. Denver always seems to be struggling to score, their defense are the ones scoring. Defenses are not afraid of manning anymore and more defenses are stacking the box because they would rather take the risk of manning throwing more ducks.

I know people are thinking forsett is the cash play, but isnt Chris Johnson the better play? He has been running good and cleveland has given up 8 rushing tds this year and the most yards per game.

Think my cash rbs are going to be

Gurley/johson

gurley/freeman

johnson/freeman

maybe sprinkle in some woodhead and forsett

I know people are thinking forsett is the cash play, but isnt Chris Johnson the better play? He has been running good and cleveland has given up 8 rushing tds this year and the most yards per game.

Think my cash rbs are going to be

Gurley/johson

gurley/freeman

johnson/freeman

maybe sprinkle in some woodhead and forsett
Problem with CJ is that you are opening the door for David Johnson or Ellington to siphon off some of those stats.

Looks like I will be rolling with this as my cash LU this week:

Newton

Gurley

Forsett

K.Allen

Fitz

N.Washington

Eifert

M.Bryant

St. Louis

Newton

Gurley

Forsett

K.Allen

Fitz

N.Washington

Eifert

M.Bryant

St. Louis
I like it, very chalk for the most part and Washington over Crabtree looks like the better WR3 call now (or Floyd and possibly Marvin if GPP), but find myself torn between Fitz and Jeff at 7700 for WR2.

From Roto:

Palmer's targets over his last five games: Larry Fitzgerald 42; John Brown 39; Michael Floyd 27; David Johnson16; Jermaine Gresham 14; Ellington 7; Chris Johnson 6. ... Perhaps beginning to slow down a bit following his white-hot start, Fitzgerald's weekly yardage average has dipped to 72.3 over the last month, scoring just one touchdown during that span. Still an every-week WR2 play, Fitzgerald gets a quietly tough Week 8 draw with underrated Browns slot corner , whom PFF has charged with just six catches for 45 yards and no touchdowns allowed on 13 targets since Week 1. ...

Newton

Gurley

Forsett

K.Allen

Fitz

N.Washington

Eifert

M.Bryant

St. Louis
I like it, very chalk for the most part and Washington over Crabtree looks like the better WR3 call now (or Floyd and possibly Marvin if GPP), but find myself torn between Fitz and Jeff at 7700 for WR2.

From Roto:

Palmer's targets over his last five games: Larry Fitzgerald 42; John Brown 39; Michael Floyd 27; David Johnson16; Jermaine Gresham 14; Ellington 7; Chris Johnson 6. ... Perhaps beginning to slow down a bit following his white-hot start, Fitzgerald's weekly yardage average has dipped to 72.3 over the last month, scoring just one touchdown during that span. Still an every-week WR2 play, Fitzgerald gets a quietly tough Week 8 draw with underrated Browns slot corner , whom PFF has charged with just six catches for 45 yards and no touchdowns allowed on 13 targets since Week 1. ...
Yeah, Fitz seems like he is trending the wrong way, and he was the one I would swap out if I touched this lineup again. I figured I would give him one more week and hope for the best.

Newton

Gurley

Forsett

K.Allen

Fitz

N.Washington

Eifert

M.Bryant

St. Louis

From Roto:

I think I will be fading fitz in most of my cash LU's. I will keep him in some, but mostly fading. This matchup makes floyd all the more attractive. Brown likely out, Haden most likely will be on Fitz too.

Can some of you post ownership percentages from the Thursday pools, or tell me where to go find them? I think I just heard on the radio that Stefon Diggs was the most highly owned WR this week in Thursday lineups...

I did hear the rank in terms of ownership percentages for RBs, but didn't hear the actual percentages themselves.

1) Gurley

2) Forsett

3) Freeman

4) Chris Johnson

Mariotta is out. Does this change your view on Walker?
For me, not really. Mettenberger looked his way enough last week. Still thinking Gates will be out, and since they play at 1pm we will know for sure, and Green is 100 less than Walker.

Can some of you post ownership percentages from the Thursday pools, or tell me where to go find them? I think I just heard on the radio that Stefon Diggs was the most highly owned WR this week in Thursday lineups...

I did hear the rank in terms of ownership percentages for RBs, but didn't hear the actual percentages themselves.

1) Gurley 50%

2) Forsett 35%

3) Freeman 25%

4) Chris Johnson
Approx average %'s in cash games above in my contests. Forsett probably had the biggest delta between %'s. Freeman was probably the tighest. I didn't roster CJ.

1) Gurley 50%

2) Forsett 35%

3) Freeman 25%

4) Chris Johnson
Approx average %'s in cash games above in my contests. Forsett probably had the biggest delta between %'s. Freeman was probably the tighest. I didn't roster CJ.
What about your WRs? I assume Brown and Jeffery are popular... Diggs and Michael Floyd too...

The Big Double Up's had this...

QB

Dalton 8

Cam 15

Rivers 12

RB

Gurley 48

Forsett 32

Freeman 20

WR

Floyd 11

Evans 7

Julio 16

A. Brown 14

Crabtree 9

Fitz 9

M Evans 7

K Allen 14

TE

L Green 12

T Eifert 21

K

Lambo 11

Bryant 6

Boswell 9

Gano 3

D

STL 43

1PM Only Lineup Runs for Cash

Dalton

Forsett

Gurley

A Brown

K Allen

M Floyd

T Eifert

Lambo

STL

Rivers

Gurley

Forsett

K Allen

A Brown

Floyd

L Green

Bryant

STL

So basically same RB WR just different QB/TE stack.

I realized that, unintentionally, my lineup consists entirely of 1PM games. This usually doesn't happen, but what's the right strategy play here? Do you enter it in 1PM only slates? Play the full Sunday slate? Sunday-Monday slate?

1) Gurley 50%

2) Forsett 35%

3) Freeman 25%

4) Chris Johnson
What about your WRs? I assume Brown and Jeffery are popular... Diggs and Michael Floyd too...
Almost everything I see puts these guys in the 10-17% range:

Evans, Fitz, Floyd, Jeffery, ABrown, Maclin

JaJones, Crabtree, and NWash are single digit.

JuJones was 20%+

Since frae looked at double ups, I only looked at my 5050s. These should be a little higher than the large field double ups.

I realized that, unintentionally, my lineup consists entirely of 1PM games. This usually doesn't happen, but what's the right strategy play here? Do you enter it in 1PM only slates? Play the full Sunday slate? Sunday-Monday slate?
I'm curious to hear people's take on this too. I can see the rationale either way.

Couple different lineups I'm considering for Sunday cash games, but both have the Gurley / Rams D stack with Jeffery and Floyd at WR, Eifert at TE, and Boswell at K (my preference of the baseline $4500 Ks). Any thoughts on these? May enter the Calvin lineup in the Sunday-only with the Diggs lineup in the Sunday/Monday or Sunday 1PM only slates).

Dalton

LeVeon Bell

Gurley

Jeffery

Diggs

Michael Floyd

Eifert

Boswell

Rams

Roethlisberger

Gurley

Forsett