What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 8 (1 Viewer)

Given the carnage of injuries to my cash rosters, I'm thrilled to be up this week -- +40%, plus edged into the money with my 1 remaining survivor entry. From the sounds of things lots of guys took it on the chin this week. Hopefully things improve next week for everyone.
Right here - counting my blessings to have had such a strong week with the reports of most others not faring as well.

Cashed in 48/50 contests... I just play Double-Ups and 50/50s though, and a handful of those were perilously close to the cut line.

Given the carnage of injuries to my cash rosters, I'm thrilled to be up this week -- +40%, plus edged into the money with my 1 remaining survivor entry. From the sounds of things lots of guys took it on the chin this week. Hopefully things improve next week for everyone.
Right here - counting my blessings to have had such a strong week with the reports of most others not faring as well.

Cashed in 48/50 contests... I just play Double-Ups and 50/50s though, and a handful of those were perilously close to the cut line.
Yeah, all of my cash lineups were in that 123-135 range. Last year that would have been a rake across the board almost every week. This year that's been a borderline performance.

I somehow managed to cash in cash with Mettenberger and Forsett. Crabtree saved me.

I once again entered some last second gpps that weren't going to fill. I swear they had the guaranteed designation. When the games started, some of the wildly underfilled guaranteed games just vanished. THis week I planned ahead and was ready to snipe some overlay. I checked my gpp entries at 1:02pm and only THREE of them remained. Can they do that? Am I going crazy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I somehow managed to cash in cash with Mettenberger and Forsett. Crabtree saved me.

I once again entered some last second gpps that weren't going to fill. I swear they had the guaranteed designation. When the games started, some of the wildly underfilled guaranteed games just vanished. Can they do that? Am I going crazy?
"They" can do whatever they want it seems. You can bet your bottom dollar that the whole system is rigged and the owners of the sites are getting their money while they can before it all gets shut down.

Went to the Mettenburger well again... and it cost me. Good lord is he terrible. I loved getting Bell, Gurley, and Julio in one lineup though. I could salvage some from that lineup if Moncrief does well tonight. Hoping TY gets Norman'd. Hit a couple huge tourneys though including my biggest win ever (1pt away from $5k) so looking at a decent weekend.

Bell in 90% of my lineups :thumbup:
It's not entirely Mettenberger's fault. The coaching staff isn't doing anything to help him. Talking heads around Nashville have been absolutely brutal in their attacks on Whisenhunt. He's getting his QBs killed. I don't know how Mettenberger could walk off the field under his own power this week.
And Whisenhunt has been fired. This isn't really a shock to anyone who has been watching this team this year, but it does suck. The guy is one of the most likable head coaches out there.

Tennessee_ATO said:
Tennessee_ATO said:
finger11 said:
Went to the Mettenburger well again... and it cost me. Good lord is he terrible. I loved getting Bell, Gurley, and Julio in one lineup though. I could salvage some from that lineup if Moncrief does well tonight. Hoping TY gets Norman'd. Hit a couple huge tourneys though including my biggest win ever (1pt away from $5k) so looking at a decent weekend.

It's not entirely Mettenberger's fault. The coaching staff isn't doing anything to help him. Talking heads around Nashville have been absolutely brutal in their attacks on Whisenhunt. He's getting his QBs killed. I don't know how Mettenberger could walk off the field under his own power this week.
And Whisenhunt has been fired. This isn't really a shock to anyone who has been watching this team this year, but it does suck. The guy is one of the most likable head coaches out there.
Likable doesnt =wins...2 wins in 20+ games is just crazy.

Tennessee_ATO said:
Tennessee_ATO said:
finger11 said:

Likable doesnt =wins...2 wins in 20+ games is just crazy.
No defense of the coach. Just sucks to see likable people fired. He was a dubious hire to begin with. He was going to get Mariota killed. Has to go. 3-20 is atrocious enough in itself, but the team was actually getting worse offensively and he was supposed to be an offense guy.

Users who are viewing this thread