What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Deangelo Williams, Pittsburgh Steelers*** (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
I don't see a thread in the player index and I get back a million results when searching by name.

Anyways, this isn't your Panthers timeshare with JStew D Williams - This is the high octane Steelers offense bell cow D Williams...

What are we looking at it here? Monster performances in weeks 1 and 2, 15 points in PPR in a half of football yesterday, is that we can expect?

How long do we think he can hold up like this and is Todman worth owning as insurance?

I'm looking for RB2 numbers from him, but that may be low. In similar situations where "fresh legs" come in half way through the season you see people do well.

He will most certainly be the top waiver request if he isn't already taken.

Surprised there isn't more talk about him here today. If he's available on the WW and not rostered, this is a potentially game changing pickup for the remainder of the season and into the fantasy playoffs..

Surprised there isn't more talk about him here today. If he's available on the WW and not rostered, this is a potentially game changing pickup for the remainder of the season and into the fantasy playoffs..
I think there isn't much talk because he's about as much of a sure-thing #1 WW guy as we'll probably get all season.

He's the clear back-up to an RB1 who is lost for the season, on a good team, with little to no competition in sight, and a proven pedigree. The only way you don't blow your whole budget or do whatever you can to get him if he's available is if you're deep at RB and really need another position more. Even then, an add/trade is a strong possibility. I can't think of a more sure-thing WW add in recent memory.

If you can get him, absolutely huge for the rest of the year. I expect high end RB2 production, and that might be setting the bar low.

OnTheReg said:
If you can get him, absolutely huge for the rest of the year. I expect high end RB2 production, and that might be setting the bar low.
Couldn't agree more! I see him as a low be RB1 moving forward

If hes on the WW anywhere, shame on the Bell owner in the league.
Seems like an ignorant post. I'm a Bell owner and was fortunate enough to be able to hold onto Deangelo all year. However, I'm sure there are many Bell owners who were forced to drop him at some point due to bye weeks, small benches, other key injuries, etc. Not everyone can afford to retain handcuffs for all of their studs.

Seems like an ignorant post. I'm a Bell owner and was fortunate enough to be able to hold onto Deangelo all year. However, I'm sure there are many Bell owners who were forced to drop him at some point due to bye weeks, small benches, other key injuries, etc. Not everyone can afford to retain handcuffs for all of their studs.
True. I had to ditch him in a work league because of a short bench (I didn't have L Bell, but took DeAngelo merely for the first two weeks).

Agreed. With a late bye week 11, in leagues with short benches it would be difficult to carry two RBs with week 11 byes, especially with one not contributing at all.

I had Bell in 2 leagues.

One of those leagues has a 4 player bench. I was forced to cut him ahead of this past weekend's games. I've dropped him to cover byes and then picked him back up right after all season. I got screwed on the timing. Shame on me I guess.

I had Bell in 2 leagues.

One of those leagues has a 4 player bench. I was forced to cut him ahead of this past weekend's games. I've dropped him to cover byes and then picked him back up right after all season. I got screwed on the timing. Shame on me I guess.
I am not a Bell owner, but was fortunate to have him before this week. I drafted really soft RBs and needed him in weeks 1-2, so I took him a little early in our draft. After those two huge performances, I've kept him on my bench all season.

I am not a Bell owner, but was fortunate to have him before this week. I drafted really soft RBs and needed him in weeks 1-2, so I took him a little early in our draft. After those two huge performances, I've kept him on my bench all season.
Shark HAWK Good move.

flapgreen said:
Would have to be extremely short benches for me not own DeAngelo, as a Bell owner
:goodposting:

one of the most proven, clear cut handicap situations in the NFL. Why even play in leagues with benches that short? :loco:

WOW, I got him. Now I have Gurley, DLew, JStew AND DWill.

Good problem to have but now I'm forced to choose which 3 to start (I start one RB at Flex usually).

Good problem to have but now I'm forced to choose which 3 to start (I start one RB at Flex usually).
Congrats, he actually wasn't picked up until the guy with WW #6 in my league and I was the only other owner who submitted a claim (I was in the #7 spot). Oddly the guy with the #1 grabbed Langford with it, #2 and 6 took kickers, and #8 took a DEF (Steelers). There was a secondary WW by the same guys who already made a claim on all the #2 and 3 WRs from the Chargers and Ravens also. Not sure if I understand the strategy being used by some of those owners.

Congrats, he actually wasn't picked up until the guy with WW #6 in my league and I was the only other owner who submitted a claim (I was in the #7 spot). Oddly the guy with the #1 grabbed Langford with it, #2 and 6 took kickers, and #8 took a DEF (Steelers). There was a secondary WW by the same guys who already made a claim on all the #2 and 3 WRs from the Chargers and Ravens also. Not sure if I understand the strategy type of narcotics being used by some of those owners.
FYP.

Congrats, he actually wasn't picked up until the guy with WW #6 in my league and I was the only other owner who submitted a claim (I was in the #7 spot). Oddly the guy with the #1 grabbed Langford with it, #2 and 6 took kickers, and #8 took a DEF (Steelers). There was a secondary WW by the same guys who already made a claim on all the #2 and 3 WRs from the Chargers and Ravens also. Not sure if I understand the strategy being used by some of those owners.
:lol:

Yeah, I don't know if they need a neon sign posted in their front yard that says "PICKUP DEANGELO" but similar thing in my league. Everyone picking up bye week Kickers and DTs, Williams went to the 8th priority. One guy picked up a K or DT bye week replacement with his first waiver and added Duke Johnson (Duke ####### Johnson!!) with his second waiver.

SMH

ETA: it's a 22 year redraft with little turnover, still got 5 or 6 of the founders including myself. We have at least 4-5 guys in PA and two who live IN PITTSBURGH. It makes no sense, whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
IDK how he could not go number 1 in every single league if available. You've got a proven commodity on a high powered offense seeing > 80% of the snaps.

Anyone who had the number 1 waiver position that passed should retire from magic football.

I had the second most faab left (98) and I bid one dollar over everyone else's remaining faab. (85/100). There was someone with 100 still left, but since they hadn't used any and could have outbid me regardless, I rolled the dice.

Yeah, this is kind of how mine went (Langford went first), def, kicker -- I had #4 and got DWill - VERY pleased this AM --

Anybody traded/traded for him in dynasty?
Just rejected an offer to get him. Other guy wanted Hopkins, and due to our league structure (contract league) I could not have kept him beyond this season, while I have Hopkins for 3 more years.

Just rejected an offer to get him. Other guy wanted Hopkins, and due to our league structure (contract league) I could not have kept him beyond this season, while I have Hopkins for 3 more years.
I happened to pick him up off waivers last Thursday (not a Bell owner). I have some solid RB depth, so willing to trade him for a handsome profit. Otherwise I'll just keep him off someone else's roster.

Someone offered me a 3rd round pick. Easy decline.

I happened to pick him up off waivers last Thursday (not a Bell owner). I have some solid RB depth, so willing to trade him for a handsome profit. Otherwise I'll just keep him off someone else's roster. Someone offered me a 3rd round pick. Easy decline.
Solid depth?Unless you're holding Freeman, Gurley & ADP he better be in your lineup.

ETA: I get it, different mentality long term. But still, this isn't just a #### block.

I happened to pick him up off waivers last Thursday (not a Bell owner). I have some solid RB depth, so willing to trade him for a handsome profit. Otherwise I'll just keep him off someone else's roster.

Someone offered me a 3rd round pick. Easy decline.
I countered with DMurray/Dez/RRodgers for DeAngelo/Witten/throw-in (all of whom could not or likely would not be kept beyond this year) and he rejected that.

This is amazing. The biggest no brainier pickup of the year.
This. I think people actually overlooked it because there wasn't as much hype...no hype needed. Just production. It's certainly the most sure-fire WW pick-up of this season, probably the most sure-fire in several seasons.

Kind of a perfect storm. Top performing RB on a high-octane team goes down and leaves a capable, experienced, every-down-capable back to replace him. We're not talking about a risky rookie or a guy who can run but not block. This is a guy with a solid career and some legs left.

I did. Might be an overpay but to have the back in that offense is worth it to me. IDP Dynasty

Traded Kahlil Mack and Shady McCoy

for

Frank Gore and DeAngelo Williams

There was an owner looking to get younger and I am an aggressive owner looking to win now.

I really like Mack, but unless he is a DL, he isnt putting up numbers worthy of a weekly start. Mack was my lowest scoring LB and was being started based on potential. This saves me from that.

Love McCoy, but this move gets me out of a bye week jam, gives me excellent depth and 2 players who i can count on to produce every week. I worry about Karlos Williams.

Other Backs are

Christine Michael

Justin Forsett

Marshawn Lynch.

Karlos Williams

made this trade is my 16 team IDP salary cap dynasty...my team is 7-1 and loaded except at RB (was counting on Charles and Ellington coming into the season)

I gave up Davis, Knile KCC RB (3.25M salary); Year 2016 Round 2 Draft Pick

Other team gave up Williams, DeAngelo PIT RB (3.75M salary)

This feels like a total sucker play to me. I'm not bailing, but if I get a sell high opportunity I'm taking it.

RB went from a relative weakness to ridiculous strength for me in about 2 weeks. Carrying DWill, Charcandrick West, Lat Murray, Chris Johnson, JStew, and Woodhead.

Unfortunately, I can only start 2. Put them all up on the block, hopefully I'll get some bites for a WR1-2 for depth.

This feels like a total sucker play to me. I'm not bailing, but if I get a sell high opportunity I'm taking it.
What are you concerned about? He's produced in all 3 games he played a meaningful role.
Pretty much just that. He's got little history of doing that (producing in all games he plays). He's up and down, hot and cold. And now he's 32. Like I said I'm not panicked or bailing, but if I get a sell high I'm cashing in.

I wouldn't argue if you traded him away. But comparing his time in CAR to his current role in the Steelers offense is comparing apples and oranges.

I did. Might be an overpay but to have the back in that offense is worth it to me. IDP Dynasty

Traded Kahlil Mack and Shady McCoy

for

Frank Gore and DeAngelo Williams

There was an owner looking to get younger and I am an aggressive owner looking to win now.

I really like Mack, but unless he is a DL, he isnt putting up numbers worthy of a weekly start. Mack was my lowest scoring LB and was being started based on potential. This saves me from that.

Love McCoy, but this move gets me out of a bye week jam, gives me excellent depth and 2 players who i can count on to produce every week. I worry about Karlos Williams.

Other Backs are

Christine Michael

Justin Forsett

Marshawn Lynch.

Karlos Williams
Trade just went through in my contract league.

Williams and a 2016 1st (rookie only; projected at 1.14) to the Bell owner for Allen Robinson (can be kept through 2019).

I turned him down for a 1.

I'm contending, and my RB's are solid and deep, but not spectacular (Ivory, McFadden, CJ2K, Bradshaw, Antonio Andrews, Sims, Starks).

I'd love him at the top of that list, but a 1 is too high for a half season rental on 32 y/o legs. I countered w/ a 2017 #2 and Josh Robinson

He just went for a 2016 #2 in that league. I would have paid that if I had one.

The opportunity is enormous but I don't see him holding up physically considering his age and history of injuries. Sold high.

Users who are viewing this thread