What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Deangelo Williams, Pittsburgh Steelers*** (1 Viewer)

12. @ SEA (32nd most FF pts to RBs PPR)

13. IND (11th most, e.g. 21 teams give up fewer)

14. @ CIN (13th)

15. DEN (15th)

16. @ BAL (18th)

All in but I don't expect good numbers against the Raiders. Think the steelers hit them through the air this week and his numbers will be pretty pedestrian this week.

14/58, 3/17

Last edited by a moderator:
Just traded Cooks to get Williams in PPR.

I have WR depth and can always find a plug and play type guy off waivers. I was dying for help at RB and think he's a top 10 guy ROS. Even if the Steelers get behind and need to throw in games, hr still gets work in the passing game.

Pead stinks. Just a clunker from the get go. I'd think Todman.
Todman is just a guy; he's been on like 4 teams, never shown anything.

D-Will was the #1 FF RB after two weeks and the offense is probably better now that Bryant is back. He looked good last week. He's a complete every down back and he'll get 85% of the touches.

I don't view him as any more or less of any injury risk than any other every down back. He missed a lot of time in 2010 to one injury and 2014 due to several. He has missed a game here and there due to HAS or whatever the other 7 seasons, but that's not an indication he's injury prone. His age is not a concern if you have actually watched him play. He's got pretty low mileage for a feature back in his 10th year.

Kind of an odd thread with all the negativity.

BobbyLayne said:
Sabertooth said:
Not sure why but I just don't think it's going to be as plug and play as people think.
Yeah but you're basically Eyeore.

Don't you have a bad feeling about almost every Packers game
yes. Yes I do. Lol
I'd probably do that with the Lions if they weren't so awful. Since they are, I'm always hopeful. :lol:

With my FF team I'm always coming up with reasons/ways I'm going to lose. I could be a 30 point favorite with a projected 70% chance of winning and I come up with 20 ways things could go wrong.

Guess we'll have to wait n see with D-Will. I think it's definitely plug n play, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

I managed to get him in the league I needed him the most. I'll trot out what is, on paper, a pretty ridiculous starting line-up now...despite a 4-4 record.

My view on him is that he's totally plug-and-play. Probably the most sure-thing WW pick-up in a few years. I don't see many scenarios where he's not my starting RB1. He might not BE L. Bell...but he'll perform at 90% of Bell's numbers, and that's pretty darn good. I'm not any more concerned about his injuries than any other RB.

I'm more concerned with a general decline in the Pittsburgh offense NOT due to DWill replacing Bell than I am a decline due to DWill's individual performance.

In terms of trade value in a vacuum, I'd say he could be traded as (or for) a low-ish RB1. I think that is what his production will look like anyway. I also think that is what most people are thinking. He's not going to put up Bell-like numbers, but he wont be that far off them in this offense either. Chris Ivory is probably a fair comp in terms of touches and what he does with them.

What kind of trade value does he have in a vacuum? Trying to get a feel of where he stands on the market.
I gave up Eli, Christine Michael, and late 2nd and 3rd for DWill and Alex Smith. Worth it if he gets me to the championship.

Gave up Demarco and Ertz and received a second along with him. (Wouldn't keep Ertz next year so more of a throw in)

So Todman is backup?

Have the Steelers/fantasy owners lost anything going from Bell to Williams? What RB would you rather have than Williams?

Perhaps they shouldnt give the 50 year old RB 30 touch's in his first start. I know it was a huge game they needed to win and he was playing awesome, but I hope they tone down the workload a tad going forward.

Perhaps they shouldnt give the 50 year old RB 30 touch's in his first start. I know it was a huge game they needed to win and he was playing awesome, but I hope they tone down the workload a tad going forward.
He's 32, c'mon man, I bed you probably wish you were as spry as you were at 32. Plus he hasn't been taking many hits all year so he is fresher than most RBs at this point.

This wasn't his first start.

DeAngelo is in his 10th year, Gore in his 11th.

Williams has 1,500 career carries. Once over 250 attempts, three over 200, five over 150. Those are low mileage 32 year tires.

Frank has over 2,500 carries. This year will be ten straight seasons over 200 carries, the seventh time he will surpass 250. High mileage, lots of violent hits. Same age, still pounding defenders.

BobbyLayne said:

Williams has 1,500 career carries. Once over 250 attempts, three over 200, five over 150. Those are low mileage 32 year tires.

Frank has over 2,500 carries. This year will be ten straight seasons over 200 carries, the seventh time he will surpass 250. High mileage, lots of violent hits. Same age, still pounding defenders.
As an aside, makes one respect Gore that much more. Very few guys outside of maybe Emmitt and Payton have had that kind of workload/durability over a decade and remained productive.

BobbyLayne said:

As an aside, makes one respect Gore that much more. Very few guys outside of maybe Emmitt and Payton have had that kind of workload/durability over a decade and remained productive.
Absolutely. Much respect for both guys. I really thought Gore was Emmitt going to the desert all over again; plenty of touches, low YPC, not the same guy. I whiffed on that.

As for DeAngelo, I don't think anyone thought he'd be RB1 after Week 2. Then when Bell goes down, he puts up a monster of a game they desperately needed.

Users who are viewing this thread