What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Deangelo Williams, Pittsburgh Steelers*** (1 Viewer)

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports DeAngelo Williams (foot) is making good progress, and should be ready for Sunday's game against the Browns.
Good for Jeremy. Three hours after the beat writer reports DeAngelo has swelling and won't practice (NOTE: no speculation on what that means for the game in four days...because, huh, no one has any idea ATM), he scoops and scores. Williams is making progress. ORLY...in 3 hours. I hate the tools in this business who eschew accuracy for speculation just so they can say

FIRST

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports DeAngelo Williams (foot) is making good progress, and should be ready for Sunday's game against the Browns.
Good for Jeremy. Three hours after the beat writer reports DeAngelo has swelling and won't practice (NOTE: no speculation on what that means for the game in four days...because, huh, no one has any idea ATM), he scoops and scores. Williams is making progress. ORLY...in 3 hours. I hate the tools in this business who eschew accuracy for speculation just so they can say

FIRST
Jeremy spoke in Twitter today.

Redraft league, in which I have lost d Lewis and a foster, I just traded Calvin for de will.. Hope he can hold up for me.... My waive wire was picked clean..

Is todman the clear handcuff?

FIRST
It's really no different then what we are doing right now except they get paid for it.

These knuckle heads don't know anything more then we do.

For people with roster space, why not grab Toddman now, regardless of whether you have Williams? To me, it doesn't mayer whether Williams is progressing well this week or whether he practices this week.

To me, a 32 year old RB with inflammation in his foot has a high risk of not recovering fully and making the injury worse, unless Pitt is willing to rest him now and through the week 11 bye. Unless you are convinced that Toddman is a dud, he is probably as good a cheap WW add as anyone if you get him now.

Last edited by a moderator:
For people with roster space, why not grab Toddman now, regardless of whether you have Williams? To me, it doesn't mayer whether Williams is progressing well this week or whether he prac rices this week.

To me, a 32 year old RB with inflammation in his foot has a high risk of not recovering fully and making the injury worse, unless Pitt is willing to rest him now and through the week 11 bye. Unless you are convinced that Toddman is a dud, he is probably as good a cheap WW add as anyone if you get him now.
Hoping I can grab him after this week. Williams will probably be resting every Wednesday for the rest of the year and have a P or Q tag here on out.

For people with roster space, why not grab Toddman now, regardless of whether you have Williams? To me, it doesn't mayer whether Williams is progressing well this week or whether he practices this week.

Grabbed him this morning.....dropped Matt Jones

I've got pretty good depth at RB(DWill, Martin, Stew, Woody).......figured a PIT RB, any PIT RB would be better RB than the dumpster fire in WAS

I don't mean to be overly pessimistic. I just have trouble seeing how a 32 RB with a foot problem will last the rest of the season, even if he practices and plays this week. It's time to think ahead and the Pitt third string RB may be better than useless situations like Hou, etc.

Picked up James White off WW this week but wondering if I should drop for Toddman now. If DWill has a foot problem, I'm thinking his handcuff may be more valuable than White's potential to assume DLewis' role in NE.

Anyone else pouncing on Toddman in light of DWill's injury?

Picked up James White off WW this week but wondering if I should drop for Toddman now. If DWill has a foot problem, I'm thinking his handcuff may be more valuable than White's potential to assume DLewis' role in NE.

That's gonna be roster size dependent. If DWill plays (he practiced today), Todman has no role.

I picked up Todman, just in case, as my WW is picked clean.

if De Will does go down, I would think Todman would get a chunk of carries, and wth Roeth coming back in a week or two, he should hold some value in this offense, it's a slight hedge.. hoping I never need him...

DeAngelo Williams (foot) returned to Steelers practice Thursday, getting in a full session.
It appears Wednesday was just a day of rest for a player dealing with some minor foot swelling. D-Will is officially locked and loaded for a mouthwatering matchup with the Browns' league-worst run defense.

Todman is on his 5th team, 198 pounder, CoP back, seems to be a good receiver

Anything else?

DWill is a 90% of the downs monster

Personally I'm interested in the third stringer, just doesn't fit the profile

You never know with injuries but as mentioned upthread, he's a low mileage 32 year old

Going to ignore any Wednesday practice news on Williams the rest of year unless he gets visibly dinged in a game.

I grabbed Toddman this AM. Not so much b/c of THIS injury, but because of the possibility of another.

I think DWill will be fine...but I asked myself, who would I rather have in the if scenario: The starting RB for Pittsburgh, even if he's JAG, or somebody like...Joique Bell, Andre Ellington, or Matt Jones? The answer for me was Toddman, so I grabbed him. IF DWill stays health, none of those 3 RB's even sees the field for me. If DWill gets hurt, I'd likely start Toddman over any of the 3.

I grabbed Toddman this AM. Not so much b/c of THIS injury, but because of the possibility of another.

I think DWill will be fine...but I asked myself, who would I rather have in the if scenario: The starting RB for Pittsburgh, even if he's JAG, or somebody like...Joique Bell, Andre Ellington, or Matt Jones? The answer for me was Toddman, so I grabbed him. IF DWill stays health, none of those 3 RB's even sees the field for me. If DWill gets hurt, I'd likely start Toddman over any of the 3.
Right, if you own Williams and don't have Todamn, you are falling down on the job and might really pay for it.

I grabbed him too, for pretty much the same reason. That being said, when Bell missed the playoff game last year, Harris & Tate sucked balls. Just b/c DWill has done well in Bell's place doesn't mean ANY RB is a plug-n-play.

I grabbed him too, for pretty much the same reason. That being said, when Bell missed the playoff game last year, Harris & Tate sucked balls. Just b/c DWill has done well in Bell's place doesn't mean ANY RB is a plug-n-play.
I agree with both of you.

feel like it will be a pretty even split between Pead and Todman if Williams was lost + maybe they would bring in another back (P Thomas or Turbin?).

As a long time DWill supporter who always felt he was not used properly in Carolina except when he was finally given a chance to do it all himself and he shined, I have to ask a couple questions.

Is it possible on the right team that DWill could have stockpiled a potential HoF career? Look what he is doing with all that talent around him. I think if he had been given the chance to start and grab 20+ touches a week as he is both a run/pass threat. New England should have tried to grab this guy but who knew he still had any gas left in the tank, right?

I feel like every one of those seasons where he had 836, 737(injured some), 843, those 3 years he would have easily cleared 1,100-1,200 rushing. He has 7,500+ rush yds over the years, 10,000 seems like an easy hurdle if he was given more carries. 61 TDs including 8 already this year at the ripe age of 32. Seems like he could have easily passed 100 on another team.

Happy to see this late career surge. I imagine he will want to stay in Pittsburgh, surely they want him back to compliment Bell. Assuming Bell stays healthy next year we will have a pretty fresh DWill at the age of 33. He still looks good but last year he seemed slow to me.

As a long time DWill supporter who always felt he was not used properly in Carolina except when he was finally given a chance to do it all himself and he shined, I have to ask a couple questions.

Is it possible on the right team that DWill could have stockpiled a potential HoF career? Look what he is doing with all that talent around him. I think if he had been given the chance to start and grab 20+ touches a week as he is both a run/pass threat. New England should have tried to grab this guy but who knew he still had any gas left in the tank, right?

I feel like every one of those seasons where he had 836, 737(injured some), 843, those 3 years he would have easily cleared 1,100-1,200 rushing. He has 7,500+ rush yds over the years, 10,000 seems like an easy hurdle if he was given more carries. 61 TDs including 8 already this year at the ripe age of 32. Seems like he could have easily passed 100 on another team.

Happy to see this late career surge. I imagine he will want to stay in Pittsburgh, surely they want him back to compliment Bell. Assuming Bell stays healthy next year we will have a pretty fresh DWill at the age of 33. He still looks good but last year he seemed slow to me.
He'll follow the money if he's able to curtail this opportunity into showing the league he's an every-down back (which I think he already has).

And you're right, Pats would be a perfect fit :-)

Career 4.8 ypc on 1600 career carries is really quite good. I always felt his talent was never given a chance to really shine.

signed a 2 year deal when he came to Pittsburgh
I would say both sides have to be pleased and looking forward to fulfilling this contract.

Williams is a guy that as a fan could get me to root for the Steelers only to see him survive another week. Playoffs have not always been on the docket for Williams.

This guy has saved the Steelers season. Without him, they would be toast. Amazing to think that they lost the best RB in football and barely skipped a beat.

He's got 773-8 in 7 games as the starter (& 9-73 the week Bell got hurt.) 96.7 YPG & 8 TDs as a starter, plus he's 27-271 as a receiver.

Very few backs have run for 1,000 at 32 or older in the Super Bowl era. Extrapolated to 16 we're looking at 1500-18 and 2100 YFS. As it is, he's got a good shot at getting a thousand yards in basically 11.5 games.

Is that usually something worth worrying about? It would be good to know now since I could start Gurley instead of him.

Users who are viewing this thread