What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone attempt the PGA on DK ? (1 Viewer)

SwampDawg

Footballguy
Done a few with closed group of guys and then throw the entry in the .25 games for fun. It's really tough and limited info out there.

plenty of PGA info out there. what did you look for that you couldn't find?
I guess info was the wrong word, there are tons of stats the key is finding info on the course and what bottom and mid tier guys it fits. Last week and this no cut so not a big deal but when you get to the tournaments with cuts you need 5 of 6 playing the weekend to cash, 6 of 6 to contend. It's easy to take Spieth, Bubba, Day etc and know you have a chance to pick the winner but if you do you'll need two or three low money guys that will at least make the weekend.

plenty of PGA info out there. what did you look for that you couldn't find?
I guess info was the wrong word, there are tons of stats the key is finding info on the course and what bottom and mid tier guys it fits. Last week and this no cut so not a big deal but when you get to the tournaments with cuts you need 5 of 6 playing the weekend to cash, 6 of 6 to contend. It's easy to take Spieth, Bubba, Day etc and know you have a chance to pick the winner but if you do you'll need two or three low money guys that will at least make the weekend.
gotcha. with regard to Mid-tier and Low-tier players, i usually look at:

- if they played the course before, and how did they do (i.e. horses for courses)

- Missed/Made cuts

- Strokes Gained (maybe my favorite PGA stat for DFS)

- birdie %/round

- eagle %/round

granted, it's harder to project early in the season, say Dec - Jan, when not every guy is playing every week and the sample size is small(er). one thing i learned last year (and got burned) was the Third Day Cut scenario. gotta check each tournament and see how/if this is put into play.

as always, check LV and EU books when looking at Value Plays to see if there's any dependency between that and DFS pricing.

as far as finding info on the course itself, i.e. weather, holes (e.g. how many Par 5s, course length), scoring history, etc. that's pretty easily found w/ the googles.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread