What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are Big Ben owners doing? (1 Viewer)

Wooderson

Fight The Power
So after holding this guy for weeks he gets hurt again in short order. Latest is he is going to be out 2 weeks.

When he's played it's been great as that offense is explosive. So what FA can get us by for the next 2 or maybe 3 weeks?

What are they doing? Take your pick:

Gritting their teeth down to dust

Crying in padded cells

Shooting out their TVs

Ragequitting their leagues

Taking their kids out of peewee football leagues

Obviously don't know who you have in FA. Everyone will be different. I'm trading my 5th WR for Peyton to fill in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting Luck.....wait...he's on a bye! ..... F. It looks like I might be taking a zero @ kicker because I don't have any on my team that I deem droppable except my kicker

I think if anyone is more frustrated it's Antonio owners.

2-3 weeks? What is the diagnosis again?
I have Antonio, and it sucks that Ben is hurt again. At least Landry doesn't completely kill Antonio's value like Vick did.

I think Ben has a mid-foot sprain. Hopefully it is just a two week injury, and he will be back after their bye.

I have Ben, Cutler and Matty Ice. Ben is 99% out, Ryan is on a bye so it looks like Cutler vs Rams which I am not thrilled with.

WW options for me are:

Nick Foles vs Chicago

Landry Jones vs Cleveland

Teddy Bridgewater at Oakland

Kirk Cousins vs New Orleans

Matt Cassel @ Tampa Bay

Actually a couple of those aren't bad alternatives to Cutler.

I have Ben, Cutler and Matty Ice. Ben is 99% out, Ryan is on a bye so it looks like Cutler vs Rams which I am not thrilled with.

WW options for me are:

Nick Foles vs Chicago

Matt Cassel @ Tampa Bay

Cousins at NO looks like the sneaky start there...Wash. should be down most of the game, and Saints D has stopped no one as yet...

WW options for me are:

Nick Foles vs Chicago

Matt Cassel @ Tampa Bay

I really like Cousins against the Saints this week. Cousins plays better at home. The Saints have allowed 10 passing TDs the last 2 weeks. Seems like a good move to me.

Have the Big Ben + A. Brown stack. When BB went down the 1st time, held on to him and Rivers was on WW, so grabbed him and enjoyed the "rush". Also had drafted Keenan/Woodhead so this worked out great for me.

Now BB is out again, Rivers on BYE. Keenan on IR, add/dropped for M. Floyd last week (hurt).

Want more? Forte, Allen Hurns, Watkins are also on my roster. Total of 6 players lost in WK8/WK9. WTFFFFFFF.

Am 8-1 currently; Peyton owner dropped him, submitted a waiver to drop BB and pick up Peyton for "one week". Really torn if I should drop Rivers or BB. This is a short bench league (4 spots) so each position is valuable. I want to hold on to Forte and my other bye week players (Rivers, Devonta Freeman, Woodhead).

Note: BB has 11-BYE, 12-SEA, 13-IND, 14-CIN,15-DEN,16-BAL, so there's a couple tough match-ups. I'm OK with letting him go.

Am 98% sure I lose this week.....trying to focus on my roster for WK11 and post-season.

Waiting for him to get the "OUT" (tick-tock/ tick-tock) tag so I can put him in one of my IR spots and pick up Hoyer for now.

Ben Roethlisberger - QB - Steelers
Ben Roethlisberger refused to rule himself out for Week 10 against the Browns.
"The bye will come at a good time, but I’m not even going to rule myself out this week," Roethlisberger said. "I’m going to take it one day at a time." Ben will almost certainly sit out this week, but his optimism suggests he has a good chance to return following the Week 11 bye. Landry Jones should start against Cleveland.

I think you guys are right: Cousins is the play here.
I am not a Big Ben owner, so no dog in the race for me, so just curious . . .

Do you prefer Cousins (vs. NO) over Landry Jones (vs. Cle) and Matt Cassell (@ TB)? I think all three are decent fill-ins this week who are likely available on most WWs.

Do you prefer Cousins (vs. NO) over Landry Jones (vs. Cle) and Matt Cassell (@ TB)? I think all three are decent fill-ins this week who are likely available on most WWs
You are right: they all have favorable matchups. I like Cousins cause New Orleans pass defense is truly awful and the game is at home.

Landry Jones also has a good matchup at home but he will only be making his 2nd start and Ben is saying that he hasn't ruled himself out yet.

Cassel has a very good matchup but he is the only one of the three on the road.

Waiting for him to get the "OUT" (tick-tock/ tick-tock) tag so I can put him in one of my IR spots and pick up Hoyer for now.
Ben Roethlisberger refused to rule himself out for Week 10 against the Browns.
"The bye will come at a good time, but I’m not even going to rule myself out this week," Roethlisberger said. "I’m going to take it one day at a time." Ben will almost certainly sit out this week, but his optimism suggests he has a good chance to return following the Week 11 bye. Landry Jones should start against Cleveland.
:wall: Come on ... we all know you're not playing!

Godsbrother said:
socrates said:

Do you prefer Cousins (vs. NO) over Landry Jones (vs. Cle) and Matt Cassell (@ TB)? I think all three are decent fill-ins this week who are likely available on most WWs
You are right: they all have favorable matchups. I like Cousins cause New Orleans pass defense is truly awful and the game is at home.

Landry Jones also has a good matchup at home but he will only be making his 2nd start and Ben is saying that he hasn't ruled himself out yet.

:goodposting:

Thanks for the reply.

I agree Cousins has the best matchup. While his volume of attempts was still up this Sunday, the game against TB is starting to look like an outlier as far as production. Cousins has failed to throw for multiple TDs in any other game. Then again, he is playing at home against the porous Saints' pass D. If Cousins maintains his volume of attempts, it seems likely he will have a good statistical day for fantasy purposes.

Landry Jones plays in a more prolific passing offense, and while Big Ben is not ruling himself out, I think it is very unlikely he plays. Moreover, for Roethlisberger owners, it may not matter if you own both. Cleveland's pass defense could yield decent fantasy points, but it is entirely possible the Steelers manage Jones' pass attempts and rely on a heavy dose of DeAngelo Williams.

Cassel is coming off of a big statistical day against Philly (299 yards, 3 TDs and 1 int), and also has a favorable matchup against TB, albeit on the road.

I initially was leaning toward Landry Jones in this race, but I think I am now convinced Cousins is the better play. Thanks for the input!

Godsbrother said:
socrates said:

:goodposting:

Thanks for the reply.

I agree Cousins has the best matchup. While his volume of attempts was still up this Sunday, the game against TB is starting to look like an outlier as far as production. Cousins has failed to throw for multiple TDs in any other game. Then again, he is playing at home against the porous Saints' pass D. If Cousins maintains his volume of attempts, it seems likely he will have a good statistical day for fantasy purposes.
Cousins has a 6:2 TD:INT at home.

Saints defense has been absolutely shredded the last 2 weeks and has allowed 24 passing TDs through 9 games so far.

Skins defense isn't anything special, so I would expect a high scoring game.

When asked if he might start Sunday's game against the Browns, Ben Roethlisberger (foot) replied "I hope so."
Roethlisberger has already shocked with his return to limited practice, but it would be a minor miracle were he under center against the Browns. It certainly can't be completely ruled out — few players have played through as many injuries as Roethlisberger — but the Steelers should ultimately exercise caution with their bye around the corner. Roethlisberger's status will be updated no later than early Friday afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread