What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 10 (1 Viewer)

pbandy1

Footballguy
Date & Time Favorite Spread Underdog Total

11/12 8:25 ET At NY Jets -2.5 Buffalo 43
11/15 1:00 ET At Green Bay -11.5 Detroit 48
11/15 1:00 ET At Tampa Bay -1.5 Dallas 43.5
11/15 1:00 ET Carolina -4.5 At Tennessee 43
11/15 1:00 ET At St. Louis -7.5 Chicago 42.5
11/15 1:00 ET New Orleans -1 At Washington 50.5
11/15 1:00 ET At Philadelphia -6.5 Miami 47
11/15 1:00 ET At Pittsburgh -4.5 Cleveland 41
11/15 1:00 ET At Baltimore -5.5 Jacksonville 48
11/15 4:05 ET At Oakland -3.5 Minnesota 43
11/15 4:25 ET At Denver -6.5 Kansas City 42
11/15 4:25 ET New England -7 At NY Giants 55
11/15 8:30 ET At Seattle -3 Arizona 44.5

Monday Night Football Odds

11/16 8:30 ET At Cincinnati -10.5 Houston 47.5
will edit as necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Brees, dalton, eifert, blount, Lamar miller Robinson, Bortles and Cobb are amongst my favorite plays so far

Looking at the WR prices, I'm not a fan of paying up for a WR this week. You can argue Hopkins because he's match-up proof and Hoyer will have to throw, but I'll target a team that is going to score more points. Beckham is going to be the #1 focus for the Pats D, I like Eifert more than Green (and Bengals will probably be running the football a lot in the 2nd-half), Antonio Brown lost Big Ben for a few games. I'd much rather take Cobb, Evans, Robinson, Fitzgerald, Cooper, etc.

I like Newton and Bortles at QB. At RB I am looking at 4 guys, McFadden, D Williams, Ingram and possibly Ivory if I play Thursday. WR Robinson, especially if I use Bortles. Jeffery is still not marked up anymore off of his Monday night game. Crabtree is 6400, but getting a lot of targets and I do like Cobb this week as well. At TE Olsen, Eifert, and Reed look good. I will try to use the Packers and D and possibly the Steelers because they are cheap and at home against the Browns.

Pretty sure I want Gronk. No TD last week, Giants pass D is awful, no DLewis option, Giants might score with them, tons of value other places

Guys I like this week:

QB: Rodgers 9200, Bortles 7800, Carr 7500

Bortles and Carr are great value. Rodgers looks poised for a big day and should be angry coming off two straight losses. The hapless Lions haven't won at Lambeau since '91 and have a poor defense. Should be a big passing day considering their poor run game.

RB: DeAngelo 7600, Forsett 7100, Blount 6900, Vereen 5800

Good value and matchups for all of them. The Giants should be playing from behind and the Patriots will target shutting down Beckham. Vereen should see a nice volume of receptions.

WR: A Robinson 7500, Decker 6800, Crabtree 6400, R Mathews 6000, James Jones 5700, N Washington 5200

All seem to be good value. I like Robinson a little more than Hurns this week as Hurns seems a little more hurt than usual. I feel J Jones is the benefactor of Rodgers this week and really good value. Washington has been putting up 10+ lately and is a good value at his price.

TE: Gronk 8000, Eifert 6200, Reed 5800

Gronk is slightly cheaper than usual and due for a nice rebound after last week. Reed is the #1 target on a team going up against the worst pass D in the league. Delanie hit them hard last week, now it's Reed's turn.

K: McManus 4800

Not sure why he's cheaper than normal. If you're going to spend more than 4600 on a kicker then McManus is your guy and good for 10+.

D: Green Bay 4900

Might as well punt the category if you're not willing to trot out STL, DEN, CIN or GB. I like GB at home against the dysfunctional Lions. Lions have lost 24 straight at Lambeau.

Guys I'm leery about this week:

QB: Brees 8600

He's been red hot the past 2 weeks but both games were in a dome and at home. This week he plays outdoors and on the road where he's usually not at his best.

RB: nothing jumping out at the moment

WR: Beckham 8800, A Brown 8700

pbandy already mentioned the Patriots going all out to contain Beckham. I agree with that. Brown will have a decent day but without Big Ben the monster day potential is small.

TE: nothing jumps out. I'll just say Reed may be the best value play of the week for all positions.

K: Crosby 5000

Green Bay has a huge offensive day against the Lions but it's all TDs. I don't see much Crosby field goal potential this week.

D: Pittsburgh 4600

It looks like a great value play on paper but Manziel played within himself (no INTs or fumbles and tough to sack) against the Bengals last week. If McCown is back this week the Browns will score points. Throw in no Big Ben and this may not be the value play it appears.

D: Green Bay 4900

Might as well punt the category if you're not willing to trot out STL, DEN, CIN or GB. I like GB at home against the dysfunctional Lions. Lions have lost 24 straight at Lambeau.
I think you need to add Carolina to that list. Folks are way overreacting to the Titans' offensive production against the Saints, just like they did the last time the Titans won way back in week 1.

Did you guys get the email to confirm you are you from FD? Social security number and all?
Yes I received the same mail this morning. I actually thought it was because I was in Vegas over the weekend and logged into Fanduel from a "Nevada" location (from which I wasn't abel to enter any contests) - but I guess that wasn't the cause.

SSN wasn't a mandatory field though so I didn't fill it in.

10 posts in and no one has mentioned the Hurley-Gurley man?! I think I may have near 100% exposure again after fading last week

How do you guys feel about Garcon this week? I can see New Orleans defense focusing on Reed after the way Walker treated them, and while Garcon is sharing more targets with Crowder as of late, I think he could easily get 100+ yds this week.

AquaBliss said:
How do you guys feel about Garcon this week? I can see New Orleans defense focusing on Reed after the way Walker treated them, and while Garcon is sharing more targets with Crowder as of late, I think he could easily get 100+ yds this week.
Garcon and 100 yards is never easy. How many 5 yard passes do you have to catch to get to 100?

I will however have gpp exposure to a Cousins Jackson stack. Jackson's price is way below his ceiling, could see him exploding in this spot.

I don't think it matters if they do roll double coverage to Reed, they're terrible. Even if Jackson is back they're ALL a threat to reach 100 yards. First time, probably only time, I'm excited to be playing Kirk Cousins.

Garcon and 100 yards is never easy. How many 5 yard passes do you have to catch to get to 100?

-> You will need to catch 20 5 yard passes to reach 100 yards. :D

Have only looked at projected games totals and quick glance at pricing ...

For Cash ...

QB

• Rodgers, Brady, Dalton
I do not feel like this is a week you go below Dalton

RB

• Gurley
  • If the news about Starks is true, Starks
WR

• Green & D Thomas have soft pricing. Thomas VERY soft due to the lack of TD
  • Cobb, Robinson
  • Crabtree, Lafell
  • D Adams except Ty M is back at practice. Little less thrilled about him as WR3 for cash
  • K Aiken ... someone has to catch the ball in a game that the Ravens project to score a fair amount of points
TE

• Gronk, Reed
  • Rudolph due to match-up
K

• Greg Z @ 4, 500 with the dome and game total
D

• Rams, Bengals or GBP
The cheaper QB I like, Bortles and Carr, are on the road and facing a very good defense, respectively. It feels like a week you go big at QB; RB1; TE; DE and due to the cheap prices at WR you do not go above 8K at the position. Keep it all under 8 and above 6

With no research ...

Dalton

Gurley/Starks

D Thomas/Cobb/Aiken

Reed

Rams K

Rams D

Pretty easy to throw together and you can pivot to Cobb/Robinson/LaFell and use the GBP D

For cash games ... he is expensive but ... I think you have to lock in Gurley this week. Same with either Rodgers or Brady especially Rodgers. I am a life-long Lions fan and he owns them; really owns them in GB and, given what has happened in DET, I fully anticipate the team quitting this week. Too much BS between the O & D; Levy done; Calvin dinged; team has essentially lost faith in Stafford ... what is an all day blank kicking formula?

Shapes up as a big game for Rodgers and, opinion, Cobb is a nice play at his price

I'm finding it difficult to use RB's other than D Williams and McFadden, just based on price and matchups. Here's what I have for this minute. (cash games)

Bortles

D Will

McFadden

Jeffrey

Crabtree

A Robinson

Olsen

Gostkowski

Pitt

I see that people are catching on to what a good passing matchup the Ravens are with an ideal combo of good run D and horrible pass D.

mrip541 said:
Bobcat10 said:
Did you guys get the email to confirm you are you from FD? Social security number and all?
Yes. I had to verify twice this season. No idea why.

AquaBliss said:
SSN wasn't a mandatory field though so I didn't fill it in.
How did I not notice that?!
At some point you will have to provide them your SSN for tax reporting purposes. Refusal means your account is locked up and, then, you are dealing with back taxes on your winnings.

I would anticipate an email explaining as much in December

There is no getting around this ... unfortunate ... but reality

Leaning towards this at the moment for cash game:

Rodgers/Brady, DeAngelo, Starks, Jeffery, Robinson, Crabtree, Reed, McManus, Green Bay

May swap Starks/Jeffery for Blount/Landry

My Thursday slate right now:

A. Rodgers

T. Gurley

J. Starks

R. Cobb

A. Robinson

K. Aiken

J. Reed

G. Zuerlein

Panthers

Bortles

Gurley

Blount

Robinson

Cobb

Aiken

Eifert

Bailey

Panthers

Until you withdraw they probably don't want it. They don't need, no need for the liability of having it
That's not exactly right. They are obligated to file 1099s for income of (I think) $600 or more. It doesn't matter if you w/d money or not. If your net winnings are $600+ (I think that's the amount), they have to report that income.

Ok two Thursday Night lineups so far...

Bortles

Ingram

D Williams

Cobb

Robinson
Crabtree

Reed

Greg Z

Denver

Cam

D Williams

D McFadden

A Jeffery

A Robinson

Crabtree

Olsen

Greg Z

Packers

Ok two Thursday Night lineups so far...

Bortles

Ingram

D Williams

Cobb

Robinson

Crabtree

Reed

Greg Z

Denver

Cam

D Williams

D McFadden

A Jeffery

A Robinson

Crabtree

Olsen

Greg Z

Packers
The more I look at these the less I like mine. Lol

Until you withdraw they probably don't want it. They don't need, no need for the liability of having it
That's not exactly right. They are obligated to file 1099s for income of (I think) $600 or more. It doesn't matter if you w/d money or not. If your net winnings are $600+ (I think that's the amount), they have to report that income.
It's not income until they pay you. Anything sitting in your account isn't "income" until you cash it out. If I win $100 on December 31 and lose $100 on January 1 I don't have taxable income of $100 for the previous year, just like the stock market. You don't pay taxes on the value of the stock but you do the dividends

It's not income until they pay you
I won't argue about whether it should be income or not. But the IRS says it's income and DFS sites are legally obligated to report it as such (over that threshold) to the IRS. There is absolutely no debate over that.

I'm not a tax lawyer and it hasn't been an issue in the past for me anyway. It's certainly an asset, but when it becomes taxable income doesn't seem so cut and dry.

Enough talk about the evil New York A.G.

Running back seems tough for Sunday 50/50s. Gurley is just a must start IMO, he's the highest priced player and still underpriced, it would have taken a $10,000+ pricetag to get me off him this week. From there I dont like anyone until Williams, who I like alot if hes healthy, but things dont sound good right now. Then I drop down to McFadden and Martin. Other than that maybe Starks?

The more I think about Cobb in my line-ups, the more I think that the Packers will just dominate this game and will ease up on throwing it in the 2nd half/4th quarter. I can see James Jones, Richard Rodgers, James Starks, and the Packers D all scoring TDs in this one. The Packers D, while playing bad lately (I think it is because the offense hasn't been able to sustain drives has gotten a lot of sacks so far this year and the Detroit offensive line is one of the worst. Maybe I'll go with Allen Robinson instead, they'll need to keep chucking it. I just hope that offensive line can keep Bortles in the pocket long enough since the Ravens are OK at getting at the QB.

The more I think about Cobb in my line-ups, the more I think that the Packers will just dominate this game and will ease up on throwing it in the 2nd half/4th quarter. I can see James Jones, Richard Rodgers, James Starks, and the Packers D all scoring TDs in this one. The Packers D, while playing bad lately (I think it is because the offense hasn't been able to sustain drives has gotten a lot of sacks so far this year and the Detroit offensive line is one of the worst. Maybe I'll go with Allen Robinson instead, they'll need to keep chucking it. I just hope that offensive line can keep Bortles in the pocket long enough since the Ravens are OK at getting at the QB.
They are going to hang 40 plus on my blank poor Lions. GBP are in dire need of a get healthy/get right football game. This is it and, hopefully, it spells the end of both Caldwell and Stafford's time with the team. Don't let that door hit you on the way out, fellas but I digress.

Detroit has not won a game in Green Bay since ... wait for it ... 1991. Now, the NFL has done a wonderful job of scheduling most of those games in December as of late but this one is in November. Weather will not be nearly as rough but, as a life long Lions fan that has been to this movie way too many times, GBP is going to throttle them Sunday and with that ...

Rodgers throws the ball over and over and over and I do not see a gentleman's let-off. Maybe mid way through Q4 but beyond that no. That's how you lose an NFL game and GB needs this win.

Lions struggle with Cobb. They have NO ONE physically capable of dealing with him right now

Lions struggle with big, physical outside WR ... D Adams

To me this is that game that the forgotten Rodgers is suddenly put back into the race of MVP; the announcers creaming themselves over him during the broadcast and the talking heads getting back on his jock come Monday morning

Tinkered with it and you can get pretty decent LU with Cobb/Robinson/Crabtree or Cobb/Thomas/Robinson ... later more for GPP

Starks in this game presents the most risk. At some point fat Eddie will probably get some snaps and that could be once this is well out of hand, as opposed to Starks.

I get D Williams week last week. Understand his match-up but really struggling to go there for cash minus Big Ben starting. Just doesn't feel good

Anyone else like lafell against the gmen? Only 1 target behind Edelman since he's been back and has been trending upwards. I think he benefits from the dion loss.

Anyone else like lafell against the gmen? Only 1 target behind Edelman since he's been back and has been trending upwards. I think he benefits from the dion loss.
Really like him but he was bumped up $1,000. Sure, he hit value last week but he failed to score. This price adjustment based on the match-up and in my opinion is a little high. Like him at $6, 200 but would have loved him at $5,800

He and D Thomas are both "due" for scores.

LaFell is on my short list for cash WR3

I do. A lot of people were on LaFell last week and it didn't pan out (still got 100 yards). The over/under is still high for this game, and the Giants should put up a better fight than the Redskins. Combine that with the fact that he will likely be lesser-owned than last week and he's a good GPP option.

It's not income until they pay you. Anything sitting in your account isn't "income" until you cash it out. If I win $100 on December 31 and lose $100 on January 1 I don't have taxable income of $100 for the previous year, just like the stock market. You don't pay taxes on the value of the stock but you do the dividends
Its not like stock its more like interest on a CD. I have to pay taxes the year I earn the interest not the year I withdraw the money from the bank. Stock is an asset which changes in value and you don't have to claim that paper gain or loss until it becomes real in most circumstances. But the cash in my DK account is cash and its value wont change if I just leave it sitting there.

Sounds like a lot of the same names over and over- most played prediction-

Qb- bortles

Rb gurley

Williams

Dmc

Wr arob

Cobb

Crabs

Aiken

Te reed

D/st gbp

Rams

I was going to say Darren Fells at TE for the cards against Seattle whom have given up big games to TEs. But he doesn't seem to be listed?

For those looking for a cheap GPP WR with a lot of upside, Baltimore's Chris Givens should see a lot of opportunity this weekend. He's only been with the team like 5 or 6 weeks now and the Ravens are coming off of a bye so they've probably worked him into a lot of their offensive formations now. Plus SSS is out for the year and someone has to catch the ball.

I put a Cousins lineup together too, oh boy...

Cousins

Gurley

McFadden

D Thomas

A Jeffery

Crabtree

Reed

Nugent

Packers

I love being able to afford Gurley while still having some high end WR's, but trusting Cousins to score about 17 points is not something I am overly confident in. That said the Saints D sucks, we will see. I know have lineups with Brady, Cousins, Newton, and Bortles. RB's rotate between McFadden, D Williams, Gurley, and Ingram. WR's are more mixed up but a lot of Crabtree, Jeffery, and A Robinson. TE I am using Reed, Bennett, and Olsen. K is going to be Nugent, Greg Z, and Hopkins with defenses of GB, DEN, and a Tampa Bay prayer in one lineup.

I live in Pittsburgh and will keep looking for D-Will chatter, but unless I get something negative I want to use him in these Thursday games. If it does go bad I'll pivot to a lot more of Ingram. Good luck!

My current Thursday cash lineup:

Cam

McFadden

Ingram

Robinson

AJ Green

Crabtree

Reed

Nugent

Panthers
I don't like Green for cash at all. He has way too low of a floor this year. Edleman is 300 less and much safer
Completely valid, although Houston's pass defense is not impressive especially against elite WR1 types. I don't much like Edelman as an alternative. Guys consistently getting points is a problem in NE. I've already massaged that lineup to this:

Cam

McFadden

Ingram

Robinson

Jeffery

Decker

Reed

Tucker

Panthers

I like Decker tonight better than the IVC does.

Users who are viewing this thread