What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 10 (1 Viewer)

In Thursday NFL Rush (87.5k entries), Bortles has only 9.9% ownership, DeAngelo 33.1% Michael Floyd is just 0.8%...

Has anyone done any research on how close Thursday ownership is to Sunday tournament ownership? I know a lot of guys use Thursday ownership %'s to set their GPP Sunday lineups, but in the grand scheme of things not sure how close they end up being on average.

Having information like this going into a tournament is obviously invaluable as proven by the DK scandal.

Brady only 10% owned in Thursday lineups? Is that what you guys are seeing?

Seems very interestingly low.

Looked at this all week ...

My favorite WR stack for GPP ... Robinson/Cobb/D Thomas

My favorite deep GPP/WR3 ... Walters, Givens

Cash ...

Cousins

Gurley/Williams

Robinson/Cobb/Crabtree

Rams K

Panthers

Winds in Oakland are going to be high tomorrow. Little concerning, as they are projecting 20-30 mph.

Still considering a Williams/Starks swap and upgrading to the Cobb/Robinson/Thomas stack. It will take so little for Starks to hit value tomorrow ...

Cousins

Gurley/Starks

Robinson/Thomas/Cobb

Reed

Rams K

GBP D

I have sat on this all week and prefer it to the first.

I just do not find a reason to pay up this week for Rodgers or Brady nor do I like the match-up for Jeffery or the potential winds in the OAK game ... Diggs, Crabtree and Cooper.

Williams' match-up is so nice; heavily owned/loss leader but I can see the Browns doing what they can to force Jones to throw. That is not saying much, as they are horrific defending the run, but liking the $ saved by using Starks, while sticking with Gurley.

Saw every snap Diggs played at UT. Appreciate the talent but R Cobb is going to wear him like a jock strap tomorrow. Diggs was given some PT in the Broncos game due to in-game injuries and got throttled. He is not ready for this game tomorrow. Gonna be a REALLY long day for him. Oh, and R Mathis is done for the year ... IR ... and there is no depth in the Lions secondary. Cobb is going to get his, as is Starks and Rodgers.

Last edited by a moderator:
THinking of rolling this out as one of my 3 LU's

Brady

ingram

starks

edelman

crabtree

robinson

reed

gostkowski

steelers

Any thoughts?

I think the lineup looks good. Personally Im only running STL (Assuming Jeffrey still looks gimpy) and DEN in my cash games, I think both are a fair bet to score a TD and have very safe high floors, but PIT certainly fits the profile of a good defense. Ive got shares of all the other guys in cash except Edelman, and thats just because I dont see the need to go above Robinson and have about 60% (over)exposure to Gurley across all the slates.

Until you withdraw they probably don't want it. They don't need, no need for the liability of having it
That's not exactly right. They are obligated to file 1099s for income of (I think) $600 or more. It doesn't matter if you w/d money or not. If your net winnings are $600+ (I think that's the amount), they have to report that income.
I won $3k on a $5 ticket. Should I assume I'll get taxed 40-50% of that?
~35%

JTK said:
Until you withdraw they probably don't want it. They don't need, no need for the liability of having it
That's not exactly right. They are obligated to file 1099s for income of (I think) $600 or more. It doesn't matter if you w/d money or not. If your net winnings are $600+ (I think that's the amount), they have to report that income.
I won $3k on a $5 ticket. Should I assume I'll get taxed 40-50% of that?
~35%
Depends on your final federal tax bracket and state tax, if any. Google should get that info for you.

Note: The federal falls under hobby income, so you can only begin to adjust for losses over 2% AGI. Also, I am not a CPA nor am I presenting the IRS's official opinion, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Here are my 2 favorite lineups

Tourny

Cousins

Ingram

AP

ODB

Jarvis Landry

Tavon Austin

Jordan Reed

Gostkowski

AZ D

Cash

ARod

CJ Anderson

Starks

Cobb

AR15

Kamar Aiken

Gronk

McManus

Rams

1 PM Only Lineup...

Cousins

T Gurley

D Williams

R Cobb

A Robinson

W Snead

J Reed

G Zuerlein

Carolina D

Playing only 50/50's and H2H with it, hopefully the Cousins/Reed stack works out and Snead gets his targets. The rest of the lineup I like a lot.

1 PM Only Lineup...

Cousins

T Gurley

D Williams

R Cobb

A Robinson

W Snead

J Reed

G Zuerlein

Carolina D

Playing only 50/50's and H2H with it, hopefully the Cousins/Reed stack works out and Snead gets his targets. The rest of the lineup I like a lot.
My main sunday lineup looks a lot like that.

Surprised I dont see many people talking about Cousins....

...I know its Cousins...but its also the Saints

Can we classify jelly doughnuts and whisky as performance enhancing drugs now? Only way to explain Ben Roethlisberger

edelman hurt now

i stand by my theory that cleats are too efficient now..

cleats dig to much into the turn causes ankle/knee injuries like crazy.

Not gonna be a good week fantasy wise. My Chiefs are looking good though.
Yeah, Chiefs defense may save one of my lineups.

Changing gears a bit, lots of folks talked about how NE would really be focused to beat the Giants senseless given their history, that they would run the score up, blah blah blah. I never pay any attention to that stuff, and I'm glad when others do. In all seriousness, does anyone really think a Belichick team isn't focused on beating every opponent they play? Does anyone really think Brady isn't 100% ready to play every week? They may take more enjoyment out of beating NY after the fact, but preparation and in-game play aren't going to be affected by that kind of stuff at all. These guys are professionals. Obviously the game is just shy of halftime as I'm typing this and anything can happen from here on out, but I am firmly of the opinion that the Patriots wouldn't be any less "focused" on "destroying" the Atlanta Falcons than they are with the Giants. The better analysis is on what it is that Coughlin historically does to frustrate the Patriots and whether the current personnel packages give him the chance to do it again.

Alright, so I saw so many experts calling for forsett to have a huge day once again. After the last game I said I am staying away from balt all together. Forsett has a terrible day, glad I stayed away. My question is, why, after the previous games and game plans would the experts pick him? I just didnt see it.

Alright, so I saw so many experts calling for forsett to have a huge day once again. After the last game I said I am staying away from balt all together. Forsett has a terrible day, glad I stayed away. My question is, why, after the previous games and game plans would the experts pick him? I just didnt see it.
I saw guys calling for him to have a good day, I didn't see anyone calling for him to have a huge day.

Who did you have pegged to have a huge day out of curiosity?

I saw guys calling for him to have a good day, I didn't see anyone calling for him to have a huge day.

my guys this week were langford, starks, ingram(breaks off a huge run and then they dont use him anymore), and williams. williams was done once big ben came in and they went to shotgun only to protect ben.

Robert

my guys this week were langford, starks, ingram(breaks off a huge run and then they dont use him anymore), and williams. williams was done once big ben came in and they went to shotgun only to protect ben.

Robert
You actually targeted Langford going on the road to face the #4 rated defense against the run?

Users who are viewing this thread