What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Buckethead Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

This guy didn't even like to perform when he was in his prime. My bet is this tour sucks balls.

You couldn't charge me too much. I'd pay whatever it takes. As a kid who grew up listening to them as my favorite band but who never had a chance to see them live, and for a chance to get trashed with my buddies and relive my youth? I'm all over it.

I saw them a few years about in NY (without Slash) and it was an awesome show. With Slash? Oh hell yes please.

It's probably not the cool response, but what can I say. I'm in.

Axl is like 400 lbs now. Looks like he ate John Popper and his voice is shot.

They'll still make a fortune.
I disagree. I thought he was still great live a few years back. From one fat guy past his prime to another -- I salute you, Axl!
Take me down to the paradise city where the plates are full and dessert is pastries.
Honestly sounds so much better than pretty girls and sex.

Will there be pie?

Saw the thread title and immediately thought, "Hey everybody, this is Three Dog, your friendly neighborhood disc jockey. What's a disc? Hell if I know, but I'm gonna keep talking anyway."

:kicksrock:

You couldn't charge me too much. I'd pay whatever it takes. As a kid who grew up listening to them as my favorite band but who never had a chance to see them live, and for a chance to get trashed with my buddies and relive my youth? I'm all over it.

I saw them a few years about in NY (without Slash) and it was an awesome show. With Slash? Oh hell yes please.

Why do you want your fond memories tarnished with what will likely be a crappy show? Some moments should be left in the past and not relived.

Why do you want your fond memories tarnished with what will likely be a crappy show? Some moments should be left in the past and not relived.
Have you seen them recently? I saw them in a NYC club a few years ago, sans Axl, and it's my favorite show I've ever been to. In sure it would have been the cool thing to say, that they're old and fat and Axl can't sing. But they sounded amazing, the energy was amazing, and they blew the roof off the place. And that was without Slash, who was always my favorite member (grew up playing rock guitar in the 80s and 90s, he was my idol).

Bottom line, I get that it's cool to say they will suck, but having seen the most recent tour, I was blown away, and the energy and anticipation alone will make this an event for the ages.

Have you seen them recently? I saw them in a NYC club a few years ago, sans Axl, and it's my favorite show I've ever been to. In sure it would have been the cool thing to say, that they're old and fat and Axl can't sing. But they sounded amazing, the energy was amazing, and they blew the roof off the place. And that was without Slash, who was always my favorite member (grew up playing rock guitar in the 80s and 90s, he was my idol).

Bottom line, I get that it's cool to say they will suck, but having seen the most recent tour, I was blown away, and the energy and anticipation alone will make this an event for the ages.
How cool is it to say they've always sucked?

You are only half right. Yes he is 400lbs but somehow he learned to work his vocal cords and not abuse them. we saw them five years ago and his voice was awesome.

It was his birthday actually and we saw them at Roseland

You are only half right. Yes he is 400lbs but somehow he learned to work his vocal cords and not abuse them. we saw them five years ago and his voice was awesome.

It was his birthday actually and we saw them at Roseland
Because lord knows, nothing can change in 5 years

Otis > hi!

I've seen the "Axl + others" lineups at least 3 times, original 5 once, and original with sorum once. My attendance will be mandatory. Wherever that may be.

I still remember when Otis was spotted in some NYC fan's concert video clip that was posted here.

If cool = stupid, I'd say very.

If cool = stupid, I'd say very.
Then you're Miles Davis

Have you seen them recently? I saw them in a NYC club a few years ago, sans Axl, and it's my favorite show I've ever been to. In sure it would have been the cool thing to say, that they're old and fat and Axl can't sing. But they sounded amazing, the energy was amazing, and they blew the roof off the place. And that was without Slash, who was always my favorite member (grew up playing rock guitar in the 80s and 90s, he was my idol). Bottom line, I get that it's cool to say they will suck, but having seen the most recent tour, I was blown away, and the energy and anticipation alone will make this an event for the ages.
:lmao:

Sorry they weren't big in the 70s, dad.

You are only half right. Yes he is 400lbs but somehow he learned to work his vocal cords and not abuse them. we saw them five years ago and his voice was awesome. It was his birthday actually and we saw them at Roseland
Because lord knows, nothing can change in 5 yearsOtis > hi!
:bag:

You *******.

I've seen the "Axl + others" lineups at least 3 times, original 5 once, and original with sorum once. My attendance will be mandatory. Wherever that may be.

I still remember when Otis was spotted in some NYC fan's concert video clip that was posted here.
Holy crap forgot about that. Can I get a link?

Last edited by a moderator:

Have you seen them recently? I saw them in a NYC club a few years ago, sans Axl, and it's my favorite show I've ever been to. In sure it would have been the cool thing to say, that they're old and fat and Axl can't sing. But they sounded amazing, the energy was amazing, and they blew the roof off the place. And that was without Slash, who was always my favorite member (grew up playing rock guitar in the 80s and 90s, he was my idol). Bottom line, I get that it's cool to say they will suck, but having seen the most recent tour, I was blown away, and the energy and anticipation alone will make this an event for the ages.

Yeah, that's it. ,I was too old when they came out.

Have you seen them recently? I saw them in a NYC club a few years ago, sans Axl, and it's my favorite show I've ever been to. In sure it would have been the cool thing to say, that they're old and fat and Axl can't sing. But they sounded amazing, the energy was amazing, and they blew the roof off the place. And that was without Slash, who was always my favorite member (grew up playing rock guitar in the 80s and 90s, he was my idol).Bottom line, I get that it's cool to say they will suck, but having seen the most recent tour, I was blown away, and the energy and anticipation alone will make this an event for the ages.

I prefer to think that you've had them confused with Firehouse all this time.

'cause you could be mine

If that pie is key lime

Lemon meringue is so lip smackin'

I want it on my tongue

Slowly working my way towards a ton

I said you could be mine

Even in their prime they were horrible live. God awful like 3 different times that I saw them.

Much rather them have a solid studio offering then ever have to endure another on-stage debacle like they always shell out.

Saw them in '92 on the GnR/Metallica tour and then in either '02/'03 when Buckethead was in the band. Both shows were great.

Have you seen them recently? I saw them in a NYC club a few years ago, sans Axl, and it's my favorite show I've ever been to. In sure it would have been the cool thing to say, that they're old and fat and Axl can't sing. But they sounded amazing, the energy was amazing, and they blew the roof off the place. And that was without Slash, who was always my favorite member (grew up playing rock guitar in the 80s and 90s, he was my idol).Bottom line, I get that it's cool to say they will suck, but having seen the most recent tour, I was blown away, and the energy and anticipation alone will make this an event for the ages.
:lmao: Sorry they weren't big in the 70s, dad.
I prefer to think that you've had them confused with Firehouse all this time.

Those of you saying you've seen "them" recently realize what you saw was not Guns n Roses, right? It was a GnR cover band featuring W. Axl Rose.

So you saw them without Axl and without Slash. Basically you saw a GNR cover band.

my favorite memory was the 06 tour where they had the Suicide Girls open up. went with my wife, my buddy and my other buddy's wife

did a little tailgating in the parking lot and then had a conversation something like this

Me: well we should probably go in and see the opening act

women: who is it

Me: umm...the Suicide Girls

women: what do they sing :confused:

Buddy: :whistle:

Me: ummm...they just kind of dance around

Women: like strippers?

me: no like they wear costumes and stuff

Women: OHHH...like a Burlesque Show :excited:

me: yeah something like that

Women: that sounds fun...we like that kind of stuff (obviously picturing Moulin Rouge)

***walk into concert***

Que The Stooges "I Wanna Be Your Dog" while scantily clad girl walks another scantily clad girl around on a dog leash

finale was 2 topless girls with little electrical tape X's on their nips pouring chocolate syrup on each other and rubbing on each other

Women: :hot:

Me: :clap: :headbang:

Users who are viewing this thread