What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Diagnosed with fatty liver - don't let it happen to you (1 Viewer)

Yeah, best wishes for your wife and family, dude - I'll be sending some positive vibes your way and hoping for a replacement to be found soon  :thumbup:

bump:

found out today I have 'some indicators' of Fatty liver. also my Kidneys are functioning at about 65%. Via the numbers off a recent blood work up

Just turned 44. I dont drink, maybe 1 beer every few months, more likely to have a mixed drink at dinner 1x every few weeks, or a nip of whiskey in the same time span. Dont smoke, ever.

Active enough, play ice hockey 1-2x per week and also ref it. Stopped working out/crossfit a few years ago after injury and asthma issues. 

Don't particularly eat well, esp recently. But don't drink soda, like ever.

My biggest issues is being sedimentary a lot. Work full time at a desk job and then come home and run my business from another desk from 8pm till about 2am. In turn sucks for any real sleep.

I drink a lot of coffee to keep me going and my Dr is saying my coffee/water intake ration is way off and is most likely effecting my kidneys. 

My weight has popped in the last few months, mainly from the above plus overall professional depression over my full time job being pretty ####ty. Sneak out to duncan mid day to escape work for coffee and a jellyD often, or 7-11 for some black gold and a candy bar. 

Going in Monday for ultrasounds of both the kidney and liver. 

retesting blood in a month and I need to get the kidney numbers back up and start to trim the fat on the liver.....any advice on how to start making a u-turn appreciated. 

bump:

found out today I have 'some indicators' of Fatty liver. also my Kidneys are functioning at about 65%. Via the numbers off a recent blood work up

Just turned 44. I dont drink, maybe 1 beer every few months, more likely to have a mixed drink at dinner 1x every few weeks, or a nip of whiskey in the same time span. Dont smoke, ever.

Active enough, play ice hockey 1-2x per week and also ref it. Stopped working out/crossfit a few years ago after injury and asthma issues. 

Don't particularly eat well, esp recently. But don't drink soda, like ever.

My biggest issues is being sedimentary a lot. Work full time at a desk job and then come home and run my business from another desk from 8pm till about 2am. In turn sucks for any real sleep.

I drink a lot of coffee to keep me going and my Dr is saying my coffee/water intake ration is way off and is most likely effecting my kidneys. 

My weight has popped in the last few months, mainly from the above plus overall professional depression over my full time job being pretty ####ty. Sneak out to duncan mid day to escape work for coffee and a jellyD often, or 7-11 for some black gold and a candy bar. 

Going in Monday for ultrasounds of both the kidney and liver. 

retesting blood in a month and I need to get the kidney numbers back up and start to trim the fat on the liver.....any advice on how to start making a u-turn appreciated. 
Short answer -- Come check out the Ran a 10K thread and consider starting to run.  And before you say running isn't for you, I used to say the same thing.  Timewise, even if you start half hour per day 3-4/x week, that will be huge.  It's very likely to make a big difference in how you feel and how your numbers end up.

Short answer -- Come check out the Ran a 10K thread and consider starting to run.  And before you say running isn't for you, I used to say the same thing.  Timewise, even if you start half hour per day 3-4/x week, that will be huge.  It's very likely to make a big difference in how you feel and how your numbers end up.
running isn't for me.

j/k I really really want to be a runner. i've started and fell off of it many times. The injury I mentioned in my orig post was because of running—screwed up my meniscus and had to have surgery. My knees suck mainly from being an ice hockey goalie and constantly hard on them. Then there is the ####### asthma. The longest I ever ran in one shot was 3 miles, but that was out in a very dry california and much different then my normal NY/Long Island pollen filled norm.  

I am willing to pick it up again, but making the time between my 2 jobs is a huge hurdle. I already dont get enough sleep and waking up any earlier is impossible. That said, wheels are in motion to eliminate one of the jobs very soon and I know that I can focus a lot more on myself then vs work all day everyday. 

edit to add: one of my fantasy/bucket list items is to be able to run in a Disney Marathon, so I get it, but making it happen is the issue.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread