What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Americans rooting for Putin...wtf (1 Viewer)

Sabertooth

Footballguy
I've noticed in my facebook feed that a lot my right leaning friends are throwing up pictures in support of Putin, who will be attacking Isis apparently. WTF is up with that? Has anyone else noticed this? It's like their hate for Obama is so strong, they are rooting on her biggest adversary.

Maybe just rooting for anyone that's not afraid of fighting/killing terrorists?

I've noticed in my facebook feed that a lot my right leaning friends are throwing up pictures in support of Putin, who will be attacking Isis apparently. WTF is up with that? Has anyone else noticed this? It's like their hate for Obama is so strong, they are rooting on her biggest adversary.
Should they be rooting for ISIS instead?

Putin has done a lot of bad things but a lot of guys feel like society is telling them to be ashamed of who they are. Putin isn't ashamed to be a strong male figure. Not surprising at all.

If a bully wants to beat up another bully and we don't need to get involved why shouldn't we be happy about it?
It's not so much that, as See Obama is #####....yeah Putin! Do you really think Putin is going to defeat ISIS and then pack up his tanks and head for home?

If a bully wants to beat up another bully and we don't need to get involved why shouldn't we be happy about it?
It's not so much that, as See Obama is #####....yeah Putin! Do you really think Putin is going to defeat ISIS and then pack up his tanks and head for home?
Ah yea I'm not a fan of Obama so much, but I really don't like people who just bash him constantly. Like him or not he's our guy and if he fails we all fail.

As for Putin, yea he's definitely up to something and I'm sure it'll hurt us down the road somehow, but something needs to be done about ISIS now so I'm ok with a temporary truce if it takes them down a few notches.

The US has been doing it wrong for a while now. Supplying and training muslim extremists to fight Assad. Putin is on the right track here, for now. Assad is many times better than any of these terrorist groups milling about that country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea our president is reluctant to send off and kill more American boys and then commit more Muslims to jihadist terrorism! What a ####ssssssbag! #### him that sissy! Where's my Miller lite!

Nation of babies looking for daddy to save them from their shadow. France has shown more balls than the US. We should be ashamed of ourselves.

The US has been doing it wrong for a while now. Supplying and training muslim extremists to fight Assad. Putin is on the right track here, for now. Assad is many times better than any of these terrorist groups milling about that country.
This is the key question for me. Although I am generally pleased with Obama's policies and I am a Hillary supporter, I do not understand why we continue to be so hellbent on removing Assad while at the same time trying to destroy ISIS. I have listened and listened to the President and Kerry and Hillary but have yet to hear a satisfactory answer to this question. That doesn't mean there isn't one but I have no idea what it is.

This is the key question for me. Although I am generally pleased with Obama's policies and I am a Hillary supporter, I do not understand why we continue to be so hellbent on removing Assad while at the same time trying to destroy ISIS. I have listened and listened to the President and Kerry and Hillary but have yet to hear a satisfactory answer to this question. That doesn't mean there isn't one but I have no idea what it is.
Because the Saudis are telling us to do it.

Obama is doing his best to cost the democrats the WH. Go Putin. Go France. Kill every single one of them.

I admit I am a fan of the GOP narrative that Put in is out playing Obama in some game of chess.

Meanwhile::

The Russian economy is in shambles.

Russia jails are filled with political prisoners.

Russia was unable to defeat Ukraine militarily or politically.

Most former Soviet States are clamoring to be full NATO members.

Russia s committing forces to the next great military quagmire.

Russia continues to experience a brain drain.

It took British investigators to announce that the Russian plane over Egypt was due to a bomb.

But yeah Putin is playing some masterful chess game.

I admit I am a fan of the GOP narrative that Put in is out playing Obama in some game of chess.

It took British investigators to announce that the Ukraine plane over Egypt was due to a bomb.

But yeah Put in is paying some masterful chess game.
He's white tho

It took British investigators to announce that the Ukraine plane over Egypt was due to a bomb.

But yeah Put in is paying some masterful chess game.
Putin's militarism, propaganda and authoritarian game is not only about his personal ideology, which is authoritarian, but because of all the the things you mentioned. The people are clueless, increasingly so, about what is going on and, if they are aware, about who is to blame for it.

As for the US I think we are seeing an increasingly antidemocratic bent from the left and the right, but it's on the right that we see it in actual politics. On the right Trump is making a play for Putinism, outright nationalism based on pure emotion. I think he may actually be a fan of Putin himself. It's worrisome to me.

It took British investigators to announce that the Russian plane over Egypt was due to a bomb.

But yeah Putin is playing some masterful chess game.
These seem like good things to me.

Basically Putin is sowing propaganda for our right just like the Soviets used to sow propaganda for our left, and the goal is the same, to weaken and divide us.

Putin and his boys don't aren't going to get held up by the same things US troops would be. They aren't going to wait to get shot at before they shoot. They aren't worried about being prosecuted for shooting a potential innocent bystander (why they are in a war zone?). They aren't going to tell the enemy they are about to drop ordinance on them so please leave. They aren't going to have the Intel to take out buildings and trucks but decide not to do it. ISIS made their worst mistake messing with the Russians. They will be ruthless and will have no problem killing every last one of them. We might have avoided a war the last few years but whoever is elected next year will inherit a complete mess.

Users who are viewing this thread