Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Ladsud

Spencer Ware, possibly the new work horse

31 minutes ago, Skoo said:

The last time Ware and Williams played together was 2 weeks ago against Baltimore, maybe the best run defense in the league.

Ware: 17.9 PPR Points

Williams: 19 PPR Points

So while it may be a RBBC that is tough to predict, that "mess" will most likely put up some points in that offense.

Can't say you weren't warned!

i reviewed the season long snap counts.... and like clockwork... the lead RB has played very near 70% of the snaps in every game this season for the chiefs... this includes all hunt games.... the full ware game against oakland and the d-will game last week. the game you cite was more  a 50-50 split because ware missed time due to injury. i'd tend to believe whoever reid deems is worth starting is going to get 70% of the snaps this week... i just dont know right now who that RB will be

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iamkoza said:

i reviewed the season long snap counts.... and like clockwork... the lead RB has played very near 70% of the snaps in every game this season for the chiefs... this includes all hunt games.... the full ware game against oakland and the d-will game last week. the game you cite was more  a 50-50 split because ware missed time due to injury. i'd tend to believe whoever reid deems is worth starting is going to get 70% of the snaps this week... i just dont know right now who that RB will be

I completely agree, I have both so I can afford to wait but who knows what kind of clarity we'll get before kickoff.

As good as Williams looked last week, I think you have to assume if he plays, Ware is the guy getting most of the workload.

Spencer Ware (hamstring) remained "limited" in Thursday's practice.

Ware would seem to be on track to return against the Seahawks on Sunday night, but his status can't yet be taken for granted. Even were Ware to return, it is not outside the realm of possibility that Damien Williams will lead the Chiefs' committee.

Source: Brooke Pryor on Twitter 

Dec 20 - 5:14 PM

13 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Now doubtful per a yahoo alert

Rotoworld update:

Spencer Ware (hamstring) is doubtful for Week 16 against the Seahawks.

Despite getting in limited practice work this week, it doesn't look like Ware will be ready for Sunday night's game in Seattle. With Ware headed for another absence, Damien Williams will again handle workhorse responsibilities for KC. Coming off a two-touchdown breakout last week against the Chargers, Williams can be trusted as a solid RB2 versus the Seahawks.

Related: Damien Williams

Source: BJ Kissel on Twitter 

Dec 21 - 4:01 PM

• Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 6:45 PM, BearsFan4Life said:

Is Ware worth even rostering in dynasty?

He is worth a lottery ticket roster spot but Damien Williams star is shining pretty bright in dynasty right now and is the top KC back I'd like to own in dynasty.

2 hours ago, beerbuff said:

He is worth a lottery ticket roster spot but Damien Williams star is shining pretty bright in dynasty right now and is the top KC back I'd like to own in dynasty.

ware is a free agent i believe. would at least wait to see where he goes before dropping him

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

ware is a free agent i believe. would at least wait to see where he goes before dropping him

They all both set to be free but you have to believe KC will try and resign them both.

On 12/24/2018 at 6:02 AM, beerbuff said:

They all both set to be free but you have to believe KC will try and resign them both.

Agreed. They recently spent significant draft capital on Hunt and Mahomes. The offense has exceeded all expectations, both last year and now with Mahomes. If I were the Chiefs I would be perfectly happy with Williams/Ware and a third cheap RB via free agency or the draft (but not early). And I would want to focus on defense and elsewhere. 

I also think that Williams has been looking very good and if they make a deep run in the playoffs he will likely he a shining part of it. The big question I have is whether Ware takes it back or not. 

(RotoWire) Ware (hamstring) is participating in the open portion of Tuesday's practice, Pete Sweeney of ArrowheadPride.com reports.

Analysis: Ware's hamstring injury prevented him from playing in the Chiefs' final three regular-season contests, but his presence on the field for the team's first practice of the week bodes well for his chances of making it back for Saturday's divisional-round game against the Colts. The 27-year-old had served as the Chiefs' primary ballcarrier in the team's first two games following the late-November release of Kareem Hunt, but it's unclear if Ware will reclaim the bulk of the backfield touches if he's good to go this weekend. During Ware's three-game absence, Damien Williams proved to be a worthy lead option at running back, amassing 203 yards (6.0-per-carry average) and three touchdowns on the ground while nabbing all 14 of his targets for 119 yards and another score.