What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spencer Ware, possibly the new work horse (3 Viewers)

Well I'm in with you guy's, Ware over Gurely!

(Not an easy decision and hope I don't regret it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also going Ware over DWill, don't see many opportunities for Williams today, although I think he'll catch a few passes more than usual. Tough call, went with gut...uggg.

It may be wishful thinking, as a Charknado owner, but this seems like one of those setups for disappointment...so much hype on this guy this week because of 11 carries vs. the worst run d in the league.

It may be wishful thinking, as a Charknado owner, but this seems like one of those setups for disappointment...so much hype on this guy this week because of 11 carries vs. the worst run d in the league.
The hype has actually been pretty quiet.

Glad I started him in both leagues. Just wish I put him in for Bernard instead of Ivory in one but oh well. It would be nice if it lasts for a bit.

It worked today. Little concern d they didn't run more considering the weather and situation. Not enough use in the passing game and that is worth noting when west can return.

People starting Ware over Ingram and Gurley? Wow. Bold and I salute you.
Ware over Ingram is a gut check move, but Gurley? Nobody respects Rams passing game anymore. The deck is tilted. I went Ware and am glad I did. This particular week, it looks like I pressed all the right buttons. Blind Squirrel.

This game got no love on red zone, the final stat line looked good. Did the power back run as good as the stat line suggests?

Big thanks to Matt Waldman for his Ware article last week. I hadn't paid much attention to this backfield recently, and it looks like KC really likes Ware's skills. Ware + this tough defense could be productive even when West returns.

Big thanks to Matt Waldman for his Ware article last week. I hadn't paid much attention to this backfield recently, and it looks like KC really likes Ware's skills. Ware + this tough defense could be productive even when West returns.
Same here. I read that article and picked him up in two leagues. Even if West is back, it was a good one week thing regardless.

I'm convinced that Trent Richardson would be a 4-5 game stud if he was lucky enough to be the lead rb in KC. This has been going on for over a decade, whoever starts puts up great #'s. Note to self, next year draft KC's #2 and 3 rb's after someone takes Charles and just wait.

I'm convinced that Trent Richardson would be a 4-5 game stud if he was lucky enough to be the lead rb in KC. This has been going on for over a decade, whoever starts puts up great #'s. Note to self, next year draft KC's #2 and 3 rb's after someone takes Charles and just wait.
I'm not convinced Trent Richardson could score a one yard TD against a junior high school defense.

It's to bad JC is ahead of him. This guy could be really good if they rode him.
West is ahead of him too.
Not sure why this is necessarily true. West was only in because of an injury himself. It's not like he was an established starter.
It's very easy to spot the West owners in here. They're the ones pretending Ware isn't averaging 6.5 yards per carry and hoping Andy Reid hasn't notice either.

Not sure why this is necessarily true. West was only in because of an injury himself. It's not like he was an established starter.
It's very easy to spot the West owners in here. They're the ones pretending Ware isn't averaging 6.5 yards per carry and hoping Andy Reid hasn't notice either.
I don't own West or Ware. West was not only in because of an injury to Charles. West was his backup, and got carries every game. He became the established starter once Charles was injured.

One more thing, it's easy to spot trolls, and you are one of them. You are constantly a jerk to people every single day on this site. You add nothing positive.

I don't own West or Ware. West was not only in because of an injury to Charles. West was his backup, and got carries every game. He became the established starter once Charles was injured.

One more thing, it's easy to spot trolls, and you are one of them. You are constantly a jerk to people every single day on this site. You add nothing positive.
Well now, it seems you're being mean. Also, I believe you're lying. I'd be willing to bet that you own West. I've said a dozen times, this has all the earmarks of a RBBC. West did fine (3.8 ypc) while he was replacing Charles. But Ware ran better (6.5 ypc). West performed better in the passing game than Ware has. Reid isn't dumb. He's going to use both backs, simply because it helps the team win. In good matchups, where it looks like there will be a lot of points scored, they might end up both being good starts. In games that look like they may be lower scoring, the split may render both ineffective. I stated upthread that I could see West getting two series to Ware's one. With West playing most third and long downs and Ware getting more goal line work. But Ware isn't going to be placed back on the bench like he was pre-injury to West. He's been way too good for that.

Well now, it seems you're being mean. Also, I believe you're lying. I'd be willing to bet that you own West. I've said a dozen times, this has all the earmarks of a RBBC.
Like I said, you're a jerk. Does someone have to own one or the other to have an opinion? Also, I never said they wouldn't end up splitting carries.

For the record, I own both and my fear is that Ware has earned a bigger role which will hurt both from a fantasy perspective. However if Reid was to go with a bell cow back (as he is wont to do), I'm fairly sure that back would be West - since he chose him originally for a reason and he was very effective during his time a starter. He's the better all around back and fits the KC system better.

YPC is somewhat of a flawed stat to begin with, but in such tremendously small sample sizes it's really not even close to meaningful as you're trying to make it seem.

Well now, it seems you're being mean. Also, I believe you're lying. I'd be willing to bet that you own West. I've said a dozen times, this has all the earmarks of a RBBC.
Like I said, you're a jerk. Does someone have to own one or the other to have an opinion? Also, I never said they wouldn't end up splitting carries.
There's an ignore button somewhere. Feel free to use it if you don't like my opinions. Funny that you're accusing me of being a troll when in two posts, you've attacked me twice and I haven't attacked you at all. Maybe anger management counseling would be a good option?

YPC is somewhat of a flawed stat to begin with, but in such tremendously small sample sizes it's really not even close to meaningful as you're trying to make it seem.
YPC can be a flawed stat if a guy breaks an 80 yard run and only has a handful of carries. He could have 19 straight carries with no gain and still have a 4.0 ypc, which is obviously misleading. In Ware's case, he doesn't have that super long run that skewing his stat line. He's been very consistent. He has 36 carries, not 10. I'm with you in that both guys have performed well and I think it might be a no win situation for the owners of both guys. They've both earned repetitions and are going to cut into each other's value.

For the record, I own both and my fear is that Ware has earned a bigger role which will hurt both from a fantasy perspective. However if Reid was to go with a bell cow back (as he is wont to do), I'm fairly sure that back would be West - since he chose him originally for a reason and he was very effective during his time a starter. He's the better all around back and fits the KC system better.

I have the same concern regarding the possible split eroding the value of both. I mentioned it last week but I wasn't aware of the ypc. That is a hard number to ignore. Yes, it can be misleading but under the eyeball test of watching both these guys, I think it underscores what seems to be stated to the eyeball in that West is much better in the receiving aspect and Ware is running very hard.

That's a hard one to figure because the Chiefs want the RB involved a great deal in the passing game but at the same time, the weather is now a big factor and when you have a big back that is rumbling for 5-6 yards a carry, that is VERY hard to ignore.

YPC can be a flawed stat if a guy breaks an 80 yard run and only has a handful of carries. He could have 19 straight carries with no gain and still have a 4.0 ypc, which is obviously misleading. In Ware's case, he doesn't have that super long run that skewing his stat line. He's been very consistent. He has 36 carries, not 10. I'm with you in that both guys have performed well and I think it might be a no win situation for the owners of both guys. They've both earned repetitions and are going to cut into each other's value.
Ware had a 52 yard run against the Chargers.

There's an ignore button somewhere. Feel free to use it if you don't like my opinions. Funny that you're accusing me of being a troll when in two posts, you've attacked me twice and I haven't attacked you at all. Maybe anger management counseling would be a good option?
He didn't attack you. You are the one that made a snarky comment about how it was easy to spot the West owners. He said he didn't own either, and you told him he was lying. You do treat people like garbage on here. You seem to enjoy it.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out. It could end up like the Forte/Langford situation.

Ware had a 52 yard run against the Chargers.
Is this a 'if you take away his big play' deal? The 52 yard run is even more of a testament to why he's going to remain relevant. He also has three 3-yard touchdown runs, which bring down his ypc. Even without the 52 yarder, he's at 5 ypc. Adrian Peterson is at 4.9. Todd Gurley 4.8.

He didn't attack you. You are the one that made a snarky comment about how it was easy to spot the West owners. He said he didn't own either, and you told him he was lying. You do treat people like garbage on here. You seem to enjoy it.
Saying you can tell who the West owners are warrants being called a troll and a jerk? I didn't call him a liar until after his little hissy fit. I think it's fairly obvious in most player threads who the ones who own him are and who the ones are that own his competition. Not sure why that should make anyone so angry.

You mentioned the Forte/Langford situation (which I agree, this will be similar). Go read the Langford thread and tell me that the Forte owners don't stick out like a sore thumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out. It could end up like the Forte/Langford situation.
Different scenario. Bears needs to see what Langford can do if/when they ditch Forte in the offseason. They also have similar running styles.

West/Ware are different kinds of runners. West has good vision and can actually cut in the open field. Ware is a runaway locomotive but his next cut will be his first. He loves to hand out the occasional truck.

Users who are viewing this thread