What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spencer Ware, possibly the new work horse (1 Viewer)

This turned out like I expected: both RBs got decent work.

I think both Charmander and Ware will do well against a terrible Chargers defense this week. Flex-worthy, for sure.

Couldn't locate the Charmander West thread. Perhaps it got shut down from all the insults.

Surprised to not be seeing any chatter about him in a great matchup vs. SD.

I'm going to roll with him in a flex over Gio vs Pitt. Tough call but I just can't trust Cincy's coaching staff.

I'm going to roll with him in a flex over Gio vs Pitt. Tough call but I just can't trust Cincy's coaching staff.
Great matchup plus this is the team he made his first real appearance against and just steamrolled them. Problem is the timeshare. Best Ware owners can do is cross their fingers there's a lot of points scored by Kansas City and Ware benefits from being the red zone guy.

I'm tempted to flex him in over Julio. Hate Julio's match-up, hate the way Ryan is playing and also Julio is dinged. Risky but could work, unsure :unsure:

This is exactly the call I am making. Love Gio, but Cincy doesn't seem interested in giving him touches.

I think KC could blow out Oakland, which means lots of work for Ware and West.

This is exactly the call I am making. Love Gio, but Cincy doesn't seem interested in giving him touches.

Cincy's criminal under use of Gio is mind boggling and will cost them a playoff game at some point. Probably a Dalton round one special.I have some confidence in Ware. I have no confidence in Cincy's coaching staff.

Welcome to RBBC. Different types of backs for different type situations. Guessing how the game plays out is a giant pain and it's something nearly all fantasy teams are dealing with. There's only a small handful of non RBBC's left.

Cincy's criminal under use of Gio is mind boggling and will cost them a playoff game at some point. Probably a Dalton round one special.I have some confidence in Ware. I have no confidence in Cincy's coaching staff.
See, I understand that Cincy wants a physical running attack. But imagine a two-pronged attack with Hill punishing the defense mixed in with a lot of Gio in open space. That seems like the recipe to an effective 1-2 punch. But, Like Sigmund Bloom says, it's the assumption of rational coaching.

See, I understand that Cincy wants a physical running attack. But imagine a two-pronged attack with Hill punishing the defense mixed in with a lot of Gio in open space. That seems like the recipe to an effective 1-2 punch. But, Like Sigmund Bloom says, it's the assumption of rational coaching.
I have no idea why Cincy doesn't see what we all see. They move the ball so much more effectively with Gio getting touches. I don't want to hijack this thread, therefore Ware becomes a more reliable play this week.I'm glad to own him in dynasty because he has become a part of a good coaching staff's future plans.

I have no idea why Cincy doesn't see what we all see. They move the ball so much more effectively with Gio getting touches. I don't want to hijack this thread, therefore Ware becomes a more reliable play this week.I'm glad to own him in dynasty because he has become a part of a good coaching staff's future plans.
I got excited about Ware after reading Matt Waldman's report. The contrarian in me says, "Even if Jamaal Charles retires, how excited should I be about a big bruiser RB without tons of wiggle", but then I remembered Christian Okoye :)

I have to start both West and Ware on the same team and have to start Ware over Allen on another. No way can I start Allen with a backup to the backup at QB vs Seattle. Here's hoping that Smith throws 10 passes and KC has 50 rush attempts.

He was taking over too. They can't keep him off the field. He's one of the best RB I've seen this year.

Saw a very interesting stat from yesterday.

Spencer Ware broke 6 tackles on 8 rushing attempts. Chardcandrick West broke 0 tackles on 10 rushing attempts.

This guy is just a punisher. I like West, but man - hard to keep Ware off the field, the way he runs. KC's RB depth is just unbelievable.

It's obvious Ware is the better RB. He can catch the ball out of the backfield too. He'll be the handcuff to own next year.

Another solid day for Ware against a top 10 run defense.

Ware - 16-67-1

West - 8-26-0 1 catch for 9 yards

Ware is pushing West out of the way doubling him up in carries this week. KC should be giving Ware 20 plus carries a game and giving him some dump off passes too. Hopefully they figure it out more moving forward. It looks like KC is starting to see it as well with the workload shifting.

Stop it. West got hurt early on and was done. He was leading the carries at the time.

Really bad form milkman.
Whatever. Ware was hurt too the last couple weeks. Ware is the better back. It's becoming clear.
But you lied to everyone in the thread. West/Ware/Whatever. You are what you are. Hard to listen to anything you say.
There's an ignore feature. Please feel free to use it. Ware has outplayed West when he's been healthy. He had a good game tonight against a good defense. Ware's for real. He's probably not going anywhere.

Stop it. West got hurt early on and was done. He was leading the carries at the time.

Really bad form milkman.
Whatever. Ware was hurt too the last couple weeks. Ware is the better back. It's becoming clear.
But you lied to everyone in the thread. West/Ware/Whatever. You are what you are. Hard to listen to anything you say.
There's an ignore feature. Please feel free to use it. Ware has outplayed West when he's been healthy. He had a good game tonight against a good defense. Ware's for real. He's probably not going anywhere.
Or you can be a honest-broker and we wouldnt have to fish through it.

You were pimping touches and misleading everyone on purpose. If thats what you do, I will respond with these kinds of posts.

Really bad form milkman.

You were pimping touches and misleading everyone on purpose. If thats what you do, I will respond with these kinds of posts.
In all honesty I didn't know West got hurt. I thought he was just playing bad.

Really bad form milkman.

In all honesty I didn't know West got hurt. I thought he was just playing bad.
Yeah he was leaning on a trainer grimacing in pain. They had him on side working on him. Though they never said what for exactly.

He came in and tried to play at least 2 other times I believe and each time he quickly exited. Then was done early.

Spencer Ware - RB -  Chiefs

ESPN Chiefs reporter Adam Teicher considers Spencer Ware the team's No. 2 back behind Jamaal Charles.
Although Charcandrick West made flashier plays, Ware severely outperformed him last season and is a better stylistic complement to Charles as a between-the-tackles pounder. There is a conceivable scenario in which Ware could offer some standalone value this year, especially if he handles short-yardage and goal-line work. Ware is a better late-round dart throw than West in fantasy drafts.

Related: Charcandrick West

Source: Mike Clay on Twitter 
Jul 19 - 12:42 PM

The Kansas City Star's Terez Paylor reports Spencer Ware "caught lots of passes in OTAs."
This is potentially bad news for Charcandrick West, who seemed more likely than Ware to handle passing-down work when Jamaal Charles needs a breather. ESPN's Adam Teicher already labeled Ware the No. 2 behind Charles, and it looks like that could be the case in the passing game as well. Ware is a much better late-round flier than West.

Source: Kansas City Star 
Jul 23 - 12:20 PM

KC starts preseason game 1 in spread formation with Ware as starter. Ware gets all the RB time. Incl shotgun-passing downs and goalline work = 1 yard TD run.

The Chiefs should trade Jamaal Charles. The only thing that worries me is Ware has shown in the past to be a little brittle.......

Still if the Chiefs can get a decent pick or two for Charles they should absolutely do it......

Only a maroon gives up any value for a RB on the doorstep of 30. RL or fantasy or otherwise. 

Users who are viewing this thread