What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spencer Ware, possibly the new work horse (4 Viewers)

Really struggling to pick between Ware, Dixon, Martin this weekend, yet I've ridden Ware virtually all season long.

Ware's matchup against a tough TEN run D and frigid temperatures are breaking my resolve to stick with him despite feeling like he has almost guaranteed 15-20 touches.

Meanwhile, Martin and Dixon seem to be on the upswing and Ware seems to be treading water as of late. Dixon especially intrigues me. So much riding on this week's game and feels like a damn coin flip decision...

Really struggling to pick between Ware, Dixon, Martin this weekend, yet I've ridden Ware virtually all season long.

Ware's matchup against a tough TEN run D and frigid temperatures are breaking my resolve to stick with him despite feeling like he has almost guaranteed 15-20 touches.

Meanwhile, Martin and Dixon seem to be on the upswing and Ware seems to be treading water as of late. Dixon especially intrigues me. So much riding on this week's game and feels like a damn coin flip decision...
It's Dixon or Ware for me too! Leaning Ware...

Martin's matchup is tough this week as well. It's going to come down to who scores.

It's Dixon or Ware for me too! Leaning Ware...
Ware being a beefy back is actually a plus in the cold - and it's one reason why I've still got him in my lineup. I think the run game benefits slightly - just not sure how TEN run D will be affected. IF I felt that the run D would suffer a bit, I wouldn't hesitate to leave Ware in there. I'm kinda feeling like Dixon has a coming out party over these next two weekends - but that's a "gut" feeling.

Would hate to finally bench Ware after riding him all season only to see him plunge in a couple short yardage TDs to go along with 75+ total yards from my bench...

Think I'm actually gonna start Ware over Diggs in my other league. It's non PPR and I just don't trust Diggs enough getting into the end zone and the Vikings completing long passes. Playing Diggs in DFS though so I guess either way it'll work out.

On the other hand, without the DST scoring, maybe Reid would have been more creative.
Maybe.  In week 11, the Chiefs lost to Tampa Bay, at Arrowhead. The defense played just ok.  They shut down the Bucs running game, allowed Winston to have a pretty good game, and gave up 19 points.  KC's DST scored no points in this game.  Reid was unable, or unwilling, to make adjustments to compensate for the lack of defensive scoring.

Today's game may give him another opportunity to be creative, and I hope he is.

Same boat.  Gotta pick 2 out of Ware, Dixon, L. Miller, Montgomery, and Farrow.  Miller and Ware have the highest floor, but I can see both ending with 60-70 yds rushing and no TD's.  Dixon is more enticing, but I really wish I knew Harbaugh was gonna stay committed to him and not revert back to West if they aren't playing from behind.  It's hard to bench 18-20 rushing attempts.
I basically have your same options with Crowell added in there too. 

I'm rolling Ware and Miller and trying not to give it a second thought. 

Maybe if it wasn't against the Colts 
That's what I'm going on almost entirely.  Rested AP against the Colts. I'm almost guaranteeing at least one 30+ years run and if that's a Td, that's as much as anything a person has gotten from Ware the past several weeks.  

Ware Diggs or JStew for me.  I keep going back and forth on Ware.  I like Diggs due to  having two full practices.  Stew has a decent match up but that offense is unsettling. 

That's what I'm going on almost entirely.  Rested AP against the Colts. I'm almost guaranteeing at least one 30+ years run and if that's a Td, that's as much as anything a person has gotten from Ware the past several weeks.  
Sorry. Misread. Thought u were advising to bench AP. Yes, I agree w u. Live in Indy, and colt are fantasy gold for opposing RBs

Who r u staring in his stead. Gotta give a point of reference.
Howard or Coleman in one league. (easy decision IMO).

Cooper, Farrow or Dixon in another. (tougher)

I just feel like I'm intimately familiar with Ware's situation right now which is 17 rushes up the gut for 3 ypc and 2-3 targets in the passing game. 

Last edited by a moderator:
All these folks benching him basically means he'll go for 100 total yards and 2 TDs.  Have him in my lineup. 
Probably. That's how it goes.  But there some guys out there who have already cashed in on their fantasy genius skills because all that work all year paid off when they knew to start Dion Sims and Bilall Powell and bench pre-season darlings like Gurley.  

Just some tongue in cheek there to illustrate the silliness that tosses all conventional wisdom out the window every single year. 

Small sample size, but he looked atrocious before the injury this year.  The line is terrible and he looked slow.
I agree but I think this is that emotional rush, that fresh legs, that all that stuff you can't measure.  And I'm solely thinking "one game". All I'm looking at is one emotional game today. 

Howard or Coleman in one league. (easy decision IMO).

Cooper, Farrow or Dixon in another. (tougher)

I just feel like I'm intimately familiar with Ware's situation right now which is 17 rushes up the gut for 3 ypc and 2-3 targets in the passing game. 
Yeah. A lot of is are in the second boat. In a vacuum, I want to bench Ware for either Dixon or Farrow. But there is just too small a sample size to know what the coaches will do w either especially in the red zone. Makes it dangerous v one of those boring 17 rushing attempts Ware gets going for a long TD 

All these folks benching him basically means he'll go for 100 total yards and 2 TDs.  Have him in my lineup. 
Rolling with Ware and I hope you're right.

Braktastic slipped some good plays for Ware into one of Reid's sandwiches earlier in the week.  I hope he looked at them before he ate them!  ;)

Users who are viewing this thread