What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spencer Ware, possibly the new work horse (1 Viewer)

Spencer Ware (shoulder, hamstring) did not practice Monday.

Ware was dinged up a couple times Sunday against the Ravens, missing a series here and there, but Ware was able to return to the game and pile up 129 total yards. Ware should be ready to roll Thursday night against the Bolts.

Dec 10 - 10:25 PM

Reid said that RB Spencer Ware (hamstring) is day to day, and he’ll see how he responds to the injury up until Thursday.

Spencer Ware (shoulder, hamstring) remained sidelined at practice Tuesday.

Ware finished Sunday's contest against the Ravens, so his absence is still considered precautionary at this point. Coach Andy Reid said Ware is currently considered "day to day." Wednesday will go a long way in telling what the Chiefs plan to do in their backfield. Damien Williams would become a usage-based RB2 in the unlikely event Ware is out.

https://twitter.com/OmarDRuiz/status/1072549264541302784
Seems we won't know until Wednessday/Thursday.

He came back after the shoulder injury in the first half and played well. 

I believe the hamstring injury was in his final touch in the 4th quarter and he never played a snap in OT (both Williams played.) 

We really need him to practice tomorrow. 

If Ware is out does Damian Williams become a better start than either were before? I'm sure Darrel Williams will take some touches but still. 

If Ware is out I could see Charcandrick West getting activated and receiving a decent amount of snaps.
would guess williams takes ware's role and west slides in to williams current 3rd down role... that's what west did in 2016 when he played behind ware

would guess williams takes ware's role and west slides in to williams current 3rd down role... that's what west did in 2016 when he played behind ware
I think it would be 1. Damien, 2. Darrel, 3, Charcandrick. West can't be in football shape yet.

That's the $100K question. 

Anyone dropping him for more immediate needs this week and/or next? If so, for whom?
Not me.

My biggest fear in fantasy football is that I will cut a RB and then end up getting beat by the team who picked them up.

I don't wanna play against Ware in the finals. Of course everyone's situation is different depending on league type, roster size, all of that but I'm hanging on to him.

That's the $100K question. 

Anyone dropping him for more immediate needs this week and/or next? If so, for whom?
I am not dropping him. I will put him in my IR spot when he’s out officially, just figuring out if I should keep Ekeler now to free up that IR spot. Already have Gordon and JJ and next week is Balt, but that’s for another thread. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ware trending out, missed picking up Williams. I have Cook, Carson and Miller so I can live, but for the love of God guys DON'T DROP WARE. He should be fine for next week. I mean if you are still playing you are in the Semis at least, don't let him go to an opponent.

Ware trending out, missed picking up Williams. I have Cook, Carson and Miller so I can live, but for the love of God guys DON'T DROP WARE. He should be fine for next week. I mean if you are still playing you are in the Semis at least, don't let him go to an opponent.
Short bench league, I had no choice but drop ware.   :shrug:

matuski said:
hunt now ware

breida

kerryon

ingram

mcguire

I hate my RB position. About 4 weeks ago I could not have been happier.
Ware, Conner, and ODB for me. Not as extensive a list as yours but considering they all got hurt in the past two weeks it has been a pretty big blow. Luckily my league is two weeks each round in the playoffs (10 team league. 4 teams make playoffs. Semifinals total points from weeks 14&15. Championship total points from week 16&17) so I still have a chance.

Mcguire returned to a limited practice today if that helps. I just picked him up in case Conner is out for me again.

Any updates here?  With the late game, I may have to drop DWill for JaWill for my superbowl.

Options for my last flex spot actually help with game times:

OBJ 1pm, if he sits,  I'll play Damien Williams as long as Ware is out and if Ware plays - I'll play Baldwin.

Here's hoping Ware isn't a GTD and we know ahead of time.

Edit: 1 pt PPR

If Ware plays this week, is he a must start? Have D Williams, Peyton Barber or Jalen Richard as replacement RB2s.

hoping he plays. I may release him with the hope that my competition picks him up and plays him. going to be such a rbbc mess
The last time Ware and Williams played together was 2 weeks ago against Baltimore, maybe the best run defense in the league.

Ware: 17.9 PPR Points

Williams: 19 PPR Points

So while it may be a RBBC that is tough to predict, that "mess" will most likely put up some points in that offense.

Can't say you weren't warned!

Skoo said:
The last time Ware and Williams played together was 2 weeks ago against Baltimore, maybe the best run defense in the league.

Ware: 17.9 PPR Points

Williams: 19 PPR Points

So while it may be a RBBC that is tough to predict, that "mess" will most likely put up some points in that offense.

Can't say you weren't warned!
i reviewed the season long snap counts.... and like clockwork... the lead RB has played very near 70% of the snaps in every game this season for the chiefs... this includes all hunt games.... the full ware game against oakland and the d-will game last week. the game you cite was more  a 50-50 split because ware missed time due to injury. i'd tend to believe whoever reid deems is worth starting is going to get 70% of the snaps this week... i just dont know right now who that RB will be

i reviewed the season long snap counts.... and like clockwork... the lead RB has played very near 70% of the snaps in every game this season for the chiefs... this includes all hunt games.... the full ware game against oakland and the d-will game last week. the game you cite was more  a 50-50 split because ware missed time due to injury. i'd tend to believe whoever reid deems is worth starting is going to get 70% of the snaps this week... i just dont know right now who that RB will be
I completely agree, I have both so I can afford to wait but who knows what kind of clarity we'll get before kickoff.

As good as Williams looked last week, I think you have to assume if he plays, Ware is the guy getting most of the workload.

Spencer Ware (hamstring) remained "limited" in Thursday's practice.

Ware would seem to be on track to return against the Seahawks on Sunday night, but his status can't yet be taken for granted. Even were Ware to return, it is not outside the realm of possibility that Damien Williams will lead the Chiefs' committee.

Source: Brooke Pryor on Twitter 

Dec 20 - 5:14 PM

Now doubtful per a yahoo alert
Rotoworld update:

Spencer Ware (hamstring) is doubtful for Week 16 against the Seahawks.

Despite getting in limited practice work this week, it doesn't look like Ware will be ready for Sunday night's game in Seattle. With Ware headed for another absence, Damien Williams will again handle workhorse responsibilities for KC. Coming off a two-touchdown breakout last week against the Chargers, Williams can be trusted as a solid RB2 versus the Seahawks.

Related: Damien Williams

Source: BJ Kissel on Twitter 

Dec 21 - 4:01 PM

They all both set to be free but you have to believe KC will try and resign them both.
Agreed. They recently spent significant draft capital on Hunt and Mahomes. The offense has exceeded all expectations, both last year and now with Mahomes. If I were the Chiefs I would be perfectly happy with Williams/Ware and a third cheap RB via free agency or the draft (but not early). And I would want to focus on defense and elsewhere. 

I also think that Williams has been looking very good and if they make a deep run in the playoffs he will likely he a shining part of it. The big question I have is whether Ware takes it back or not. 

(RotoWire) Ware (hamstring) is participating in the open portion of Tuesday's practice, Pete Sweeney of ArrowheadPride.com reports.

Analysis: Ware's hamstring injury prevented him from playing in the Chiefs' final three regular-season contests, but his presence on the field for the team's first practice of the week bodes well for his chances of making it back for Saturday's divisional-round game against the Colts. The 27-year-old had served as the Chiefs' primary ballcarrier in the team's first two games following the late-November release of Kareem Hunt, but it's unclear if Ware will reclaim the bulk of the backfield touches if he's good to go this weekend. During Ware's three-game absence, Damien Williams proved to be a worthy lead option at running back, amassing 203 yards (6.0-per-carry average) and three touchdowns on the ground while nabbing all 14 of his targets for 119 yards and another score.

Users who are viewing this thread