What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel week 12 (1 Viewer)

Loipz said:
Bobcat10 said:
Mon-Thu Stafford/Calvin lineup is gonna pay off nicely. That's with pretty much crap around them too. If I had stuck with the Gano/Carolina duo that did great for me a week ago...damn
Same sentiments. If I go Stafford I'd have been able to do Gano like I had and be sitting 2nd in the $25 $20k bomb with adams to go. Who so far looks to be the guy Rodgers likes again.

Much sadness.
The problem with Adams is that he isn't very good. He's been given every chance to thrive by Rodgers and has repeatedly failed. 6 targets for 1 catch and 6 yards about sums it up.
Very right. And it's definitely showing. Drops have been killer. Meh didn't have a great shot either way. Good luck to those that do.

Loipz said:
Bobcat10 said:
Mon-Thu Stafford/Calvin lineup is gonna pay off nicely. That's with pretty much crap around them too. If I had stuck with the Gano/Carolina duo that did great for me a week ago...damn
Same sentiments. If I go Stafford I'd have been able to do Gano like I had and be sitting 2nd in the $25 $20k bomb with adams to go. Who so far looks to be the guy Rodgers likes again.

Much sadness.
The problem with Adams is that he isn't very good. He's been given every chance to thrive by Rodgers and has repeatedly failed. 6 targets for 1 catch and 6 yards about sums it up.
Very right. And it's definitely showing. Drops have been killer. Meh didn't have a great shot either way. Good luck to those that do.
Didn't mean to come across snarky. Just making an observation about a guy I was all-in on at the start of the season. He doesn't consistently run his routes well, struggles to get separation, and can't catch the football. I can't figure out what it was that had everyone so high on him preseason.

Loipz said:
Bobcat10 said:

Much sadness.
Didn't mean to come across snarky. Just making an observation about a guy I was all-in on at the start of the season. He doesn't consistently run his routes well, struggles to get separation, and can't catch the football. I can't figure out what it was that had everyone so high on him preseason.
And just like that Adams stops on a route and it results in an easy pick. He's just a really bad WR right now.

Loipz said:
Bobcat10 said:

Much sadness.
And just like that Adams stops on a route and it results in an easy pick. He's just a really bad WR right now.
It didn't come across that way at all. They were great points and I respect it haha.

Anyone rolling with Frank Gore in a GPP? Kind of risky b/c of the injury and not really sure how the offense will fare with Hasselback but he practiced in full on Thurs, that is a good sign.

Thoughts on cash defenses? GPP defenses?

Thx
I like the Chiefs at home.
Me too. I want to go all in on KC, but feel that would be unwise. Not sure if Arizona will be my other play when cap permits or someone else that I have not identified yet.

For those mentioning the Browns, they are simply not good. The Ravens might be simply inept on offense, but I'm not sure that makes the Browns a wise play for cash (Browns for GPP sounds ok). They don't do anything. And the Ravens will still score 10-17 imo, so that bonus is minimized.

Thx
Me too. I want to go all in on KC, but feel that would be unwise. Not sure if Arizona will be my other play when cap permits or someone else that I have not identified yet.

For those mentioning the Browns, they are simply not good. The Ravens might be simply inept on offense, but I'm not sure that makes the Browns a wise play for cash (Browns for GPP sounds ok). They don't do anything. And the Ravens will still score 10-17 imo, so that bonus is minimized.
While this is true, keep in mind that Mr. Pick 6 will be starting at QB for my beloved, beleaguered Ravens.

Thx
Me too. I want to go all in on KC, but feel that would be unwise. Not sure if Arizona will be my other play when cap permits or someone else that I have not identified yet. For those mentioning the Browns, they are simply not good. The Ravens might be simply inept on offense, but I'm not sure that makes the Browns a wise play for cash (Browns for GPP sounds ok). They don't do anything. And the Ravens will still score 10-17 imo, so that bonus is minimized.
While this is true, keep in mind that Mr. Pick 6 will be starting at QB for my beloved, beleaguered Ravens.
My hard and fast rule has always been "don't roster anything other than a good defense even if the matchup is good". This week the Browns are testing that rule. The Ravens truly are a resistible force. The problem is the Browns are a movable object.

I'm all over Gronk this week. Besides maybe Walker and Reed, I don't like too many TE options. Barnidge is OK but that game doesn't have a high Vegas total either. Think there is plenty of nicely priced RBs to get Gronk in there.

I'm all over Gronk this week. Besides maybe Walker and Reed, I don't like too many TE options. Barnidge is OK but that game doesn't have a high Vegas total either. Think there is plenty of nicely priced RBs to get Gronk in there.
Aren't you getting frustrated with Gronk? To many 8-10pt games to pay up for him I think. Plus against Denver D at home where all these guys are playing for their jobs and you know Elway is in his skybox with the binoculars and notepad (pompous ###).

I'd much rather play Walker at home against Oak where nobody gets 30 lashes for giving up 2 TD's to a TE, save the $ to pay up for Martin at IND (crazy I know).

Messing with it all week ...

• McNown
  • Rawls
  • Yeldon
  • Hopkins
  • OBJ
  • Fitz
  • Reed
  • AZ K
  • Chiefs D
Liking this minus what I have read about the weather forecast for MNF. Little concerning so ...

• Hoyer
  • Rawls
  • Yeldon
  • Hopkins
  • Yeldon
  • M Bryant
  • Reed
  • Novak
  • Chiefs
Love this ...

You pivot to Crabtree and use AZ K but, if the Steelers are going to move the ball via the air, it will be abusing Bryant's match-up. All information indicates Sherman is going to spend a fair amount of time with Brown. And ... not sure the Steelers are going to be able to run the ball in this game. Reads like a game that sees Big Ben throw the ball a lot.

44 ... 45 ... 33 ....

Steeler's passing attempts per game since the Bell injury, which includes the stat line of the Bengals game.

Seattle has enough fire power in a Kam, Earl Thomas III ... Long Horn greatness ... and Sherman to limit the Big Ben to A Brown soul mate/50 target game. Steelers will have to look elsewhere and it will be Bryant and Miller.

I have reached the conclusion you just lock in the Chiefs and go. Waste of money this week to use AZ and or Cincy, as you need to use the big WR

RB ... Rawls loss leader and I really like Yeldon on Sunday. 10 days since he last played ... going have a good game

Hard to pass up Hoyer

Messing with it all week ...

• McNown
  • Rawls
  • Yeldon
  • Hopkins
  • OBJ
  • Fitz
  • Reed
  • AZ K
  • Chiefs D
Liking this minus what I have read about the weather forecast for MNF. Little concerning so ...

• Hoyer
  • Rawls
  • Yeldon
  • Hopkins
  • Yeldon
  • M Bryant
  • Reed
  • Novak
  • Chiefs
Love this ...

You pivot to Crabtree and use AZ K but, if the Steelers are going to move the ball via the air, it will be abusing Bryant's match-up. All information indicates Sherman is going to spend a fair amount of time with Brown. And ... not sure the Steelers are going to be able to run the ball in this game. Reads like a game that sees Big Ben throw the ball a lot.

44 ... 45 ... 33 ....

Steeler's passing attempts per game since the Bell injury, which includes the stat line of the Bengals game.

Seattle has enough fire power in a Kam, Earl Thomas III ... Long Horn greatness ... and Sherman to limit the Big Ben to A Brown soul mate/50 target game. Steelers will have to look elsewhere and it will be Bryant and Miller.

I have reached the conclusion you just lock in the Chiefs and go. Waste of money this week to use AZ and or Cincy, as you need to use the big WR

RB ... Rawls loss leader and I really like Yeldon on Sunday. 10 days since he last played ... going have a good game

Hard to pass up Hoyer
Yeldon.....so nice, you gotta play him twice....

lol I noticed that too RE: Double Yeldon.

I just can't pull the trigger on Yeldon - keep thinking he'll get them to the goal line and they'll bring in Denard Robinson to score or something.

Amendola is OUT officially. Perhaps Gronk will finally pay off. Either that, or Pat's will throw 150 yds and 2 TD's to some 3rd string WR that none of us has heard of.

Amendola is OUT officially. Perhaps Gronk will finally pay off. Either that, or Pat's will throw 150 yds and 2 TD's to some 3rd string WR that none of us has heard of.
Yep. And Denver's defense is better than anything the Pats have seen this year. If the NE OL can't do a better job than they did last week, Brady will be in harm's way. I'm thinking they'll run it a ton even if it isn't working much.

I am all over the place on RBs right now. I usually home in on 4 core guys and sprinkle in a couple others. This week I've homed in on no one. Rawls looks pretty solids I guess, but I see warts everywhere else. Don't think AP is getting enough pub because of salary. I may have him as much as anyone else.

lol I noticed that too RE: Double Yeldon.

I just can't pull the trigger on Yeldon - keep thinking he'll get them to the goal line and they'll bring in Denard Robinson to score or something.
I still think that was situational due to the short week AND Yeldon's injuries. Yeldon dinged; played hurt on a Sunday and suited up on Thursday night. Enter D Robinson on short yardage and GL work. And how well did he do? I understand the why behind it but Robinson was ineffective and that coaching decision nearly cost them that football game.

SDC are already thin at OL and 2 starting OL are OUT and Doubtful ... Fluker and Dunlap. Jags VERY stout up front and little weak in back-end of the defense. Minimize the weakness of your defense by hammering the weakest part of the SDC team, which is their rush defense.

Not saying Yeldon gets all the carries today but I can see the Jags running the ball 30 plush times today. And Yeldon scores today

The pay up WRs certainly aren't doing anything.
I'm afraid that will be my downfall this week. Lots of Hopkins, Odell-Beckam, Jones, and Brown. First 3 to go look pretty bad.
Meh. Everyone has them, especially Hopkins. In cash action they aren't going to be that fatal thanks to ownership percentages.

EDIT: Besides, ODB is OK -- 8 for 125 and counting.

EDIT #2: And ODB just ODB'ed. He's officially having a big game and he's got time to do more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just proves again I know nothing about this game.

Hopkins, cooks, yeldon, eli, hoyer, chiefs d etc.

Hit good on some but not nearly enough.

Rawls, martavius and boswell/Catanzaro have to have career days to make up.

Time for a break.

If any GPP winner has Hilton, Marshall, and Maclin as their WR's on the same team today, I declare they're from the future.

If any GPP winner has Hilton, Marshall, and Maclin as their WR's on the same team today, I declare they're from the future.
Maclin wasn't a weird call. Marshall wasn't too crazy. Hilton was out of left field. All 3? Very, very unlikely especially since you really didn't need a ton of savings anywhere else.

Man, I needed that Palmer TD. May not matter ultimately but without it I had no chance. Frogging missed XP takes OT out of the equation though. That would have been ideal b/c I could use some Fitz points.

I had quite a bit of Marshall and wrote him and Fitzpatrick up as a great value stack in my Fantasy Aces article (I don't write a FanDuel article).

I don't think he was safe for cash games, but he has the upside and the targets have been there. Plus you had the revenge factor as Marshall is one of the most emotional players in the NFL and the revenge factor is big for him.

Definitely a strange week, but a reminder that ownership percentages do matter especially in tournaments. When players get the ownership percentages that Hopkins and Julio were at it is a good strategy to fade those players so that when weeks like this happen you have an advantage over the competition.

Also a week where I am reminded of bankroll management, I ended up going 2-3x more than what I typically do for NFL and it is going to come back to bite me.

I'm afraid that will be my downfall this week. Lots of Hopkins, Odell-Beckam, Jones, and Brown. First 3 to go look pretty bad.
Meh. Everyone has them, especially Hopkins. In cash action they aren't going to be that fatal thanks to ownership percentages.

EDIT: Besides, ODB is OK -- 8 for 125 and counting.

EDIT #2: And ODB just ODB'ed. He's officially having a big game and he's got time to do more.
I had Hopkins almost everywhere today. That's a separate issue in itself. But I also had 2 of these guys in more than half of my lineups.

I understand what you're saying and know you are a big proponent of it. I know most everyone says it too. But what I seem to notice more and more, while it might not be fatal, you really back yourself into a corner and you're room for error narrows greatly. It wasn't easy peasy to cash with just Jones or Hopkins. It was darn near impossible to cash with two of them not named ODB. When I did pair one with ODB, I surrounded them with some good plays, so I have a feeling others were not as fortunate in that regard. So yeah, not always fatal, but I don't think we should gloss over the fact that it makes it tougher to cash.

Meh. Everyone has them, especially Hopkins. In cash action they aren't going to be that fatal thanks to ownership percentages.EDIT: Besides, ODB is OK -- 8 for 125 and counting.

I had Hopkins almost everywhere today. That's a separate issue in itself. But I also had 2 of these guys in more than half of my lineups.

I understand what you're saying and know you are a big proponent of it. I know most everyone says it too. But what I seem to notice more and more, while it might not be fatal, you really back yourself into a corner and you're room for error narrows greatly. It wasn't easy peasy to cash with just Jones or Hopkins. It was darn near impossible to cash with two of them not named ODB. When I did pair one with ODB, I surrounded them with some good plays, so I have a feeling others were not as fortunate in that regard. So yeah, not always fatal, but I don't think we should gloss over the fact that it makes it tougher to cash.
Sure, missing on any player makes it tougher to cash -- hitting on 9/9 players is always the surest way to cash. That is always the best strategy. Assuming that strategy doesn't work out though, paying attention to ownership matters in cash plays. If you whiff on a highly owned guy in cash it is, as I said, generally not fatal. If you whiff on an 8% owned guy, you are in far more trouble.

Hopkins tanking in and of itself is not going to ruin anyone's week in cash plays, especially since it doesn't appear that paying a premium was all that critical at any position. Crapping the bed at RB, however, likely will since chalk played there.

anyone watching the denver game?

refs screwed that up

charged a timeout to broncos and the clock ran

this same instance happened earlier today

and they had an excess timeout used and the clock never started until the ball was snapped.

edit maybe the refs earlier todah screwed it up

That Gronk injury sucks. Hope he isnt as injured as it looked. I have had a bad weekend, but one gpp will redeem myself and give me some life for next week.

anyone watching the denver game?

refs screwed that up

charged a timeout to broncos and the clock ran

this same instance happened earlier today

and they had an excess timeout used and the clock never started until the ball was snapped.

edit maybe the refs earlier todah screwed it up
Michaels said they checked during the commercial break and the refs got it right during the Den NE game. Must have messed up the earlier game.

could have been my best week in DFS. I entered 108 contest. I would have cash them all but 27 of them had josh brown in them..Thank you josh brown for 2 points against washington. lol

Also had 7 entries in 1pm only and cashed all those.

I think one of the key things to do on weeks like this when Hopkins and Jones miss is evaluate the strategy and look at some of the consistently winning players lineups. Almost every single one of them including the two players that are widely regarded as some of the best at NFL had Yeldon, Hopkins, Jones, Fitzgerald, Novak and the Chiefs. The key here is game selection and variance, tournaments are hard to win we all know this, and if your bankroll is smaller, then maybe consider doing the double ups or 50/50's.

What's interesting is that I am winning over half of my big money h2h's $109-$530 with this lousy lineup, but losing a lot of my $10-$50 h2h's, as this was a week where if you went against the chalk in a cash game lineup you were likely to succeed. I am still going to lose money on the lineup, but the process was right in my opinion.

Here is my lineup

McCown

Ware

Rawls

Julio Jones

Hopkins

Fitzgerald

Walker

Novak

Chiefs

I need a good, but not too good, night out of Barnidge, McCown, and Allen and everyone else to suck. I have each of those guys going in 1 cash lineup apiece, but I'm currently cashing in my 2 lineups without them. One of those 2 lineups is probably safe, but the other is not. I could possibly thread the needle and make some serious cash this week, or it could all turn pretty ugly.

And in my main season-long league I need a big game out of Cleveland's defense to clinch my division and a bye.

All of the above means that Baltimore likely goes off through the air and Cleveland runs the ball effectively.

I think one of the key things to do on weeks like this when Hopkins and Jones miss is evaluate the strategy and look at some of the consistently winning players lineups. Almost every single one of them including the two players that are widely regarded as some of the best at NFL had Yeldon, Hopkins, Jones, Fitzgerald, Novak and the Chiefs. The key here is game selection and variance, tournaments are hard to win we all know this, and if your bankroll is smaller, then maybe consider doing the double ups or 50/50's.

What's interesting is that I am winning over half of my big money h2h's $109-$530 with this lousy lineup, but losing a lot of my $10-$50 h2h's, as this was a week where if you went against the chalk in a cash game lineup you were likely to succeed. I am still going to lose money on the lineup, but the process was right in my opinion.

Here is my lineup

McCown

Ware

Rawls

Julio Jones

Hopkins

Fitzgerald

Walker

Novak

Chiefs
Yeah this was all $2-5 50/50 and $1-2 leagues. Im rolling small. One saving grace is currently sitting 20th in a gpp, will probably drop to 30th or so after tonight.

DukeBroadway said:
I didnt cash a single 1pm line up.

Hoyer

Ware

Yeldon

Hopkins

Julio

Crabtree

Walker

Novak

Chiefs
Julio + Hopkins together in the 1pm slate was nearly impossible to overcome. Come back strong next week.

Users who are viewing this thread