What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Republican National Convention - Cleveland style (1 Viewer)

This is going to be a watershed event in American political history and by watershed I mean ####show.

So if, heaven forbid, a bomb were to hit Cleveland, all of these people would be gone? (And Cleveland too?) 

You can bring a gun, but don't you dare bring a tennis ball!  http://www.fastcompany.com/3061897/cleveland-girds-for-a-potentially-violent-rnc-week

GUNS ALLOWED

Now add the fact that Cleveland is an open-carry city, so anybody visiting the city to either participate in the convention (or protest it) can carry a firearm, or even an assault weapon, within the 1.8 square-mile "event zone" cordoned off in downtown Cleveland. Bitterly anti-Trump groups like the New Black Panthers will be there, and so will groups like Citizens for Trump. Both of those groups have said they'll be carrying firearms. Meanwhile, items like tape or tennis balls or water guns, however, are expressly prohibited. 

I don't really want to go to a place where I can't respond with a tennis ball if I get attacked by tennis balls. Then you're just giving all the power to the bad guys with tennis balls. 

Daughter is going. Driving from DC.  Flights were 900 RT.  They rented a apartment because it was cheaper then a hotel for a week. Said there is a 2 mile buffer zone. No cars allowed. 

I don't really want to go to a place where I can't respond with a tennis ball if I get attacked by tennis balls. Then you're just giving all the power to the bad guys with tennis balls. 
 I'll give up my tennis balls when they pry them from my cold, dead hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we could have another Cuyahoga River Fire. That would be entertaining, More entertaining than this thread so far.

There's a red moon rising
On the Cuyahoga River
Rolling into Cleveland to the lake

There's a red moon rising
On the Cuyahoga River

There's an oil barge winding
Down the Cuyahoga River

There's an oil barge winding
Down the Cuyahoga River