Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dpatridge

Romo or get Hoyer to neutralize Hopkins?

Held on to Romo and have a 1 game lead with 2 to play for last playoff spot.

Playing top team in league this week - He has Hopkins.

I could start Romo (vs tough Carolina D) or drop Flacco for Hoyer (vs Saints).

QB: 1 pt for every 50 yds passing, TD = 6

WR: 1 pt for every 20 yds, 1/2 point PPR, TD = 6

Thanks - will answer yours in return

You need to drop Flacco anyway so I like the idea of picking up Hoyer to replace him. The Saints are awful and Hoyer should have a big game if he plays. Confirm that he is gonna play first though.

Thanks - I will be cutting Flacco - I should have said use his roster space for Hoyer or someone else.

In summary, do you guys think using Hoyer to greatly reduce Hopkins effectiveness is wise or should I go with Romo and hope for the best?

I'd start hoyer because his matchup is so tasty. Start who you think scores you the most points you can't worry about Hopkins.

i held onto hoyer the last 3 weeks just for his matchup against the saints D so id start him over romo easily especially since romo has a really tough matchup

You're in a really score reliant league, and I think most Dallas scores will be runs or FGs. NOLA seems to love shootouts, so any QB against them would probably be better than Romo this week. Yet I don't know that any QB in yours system is going to do much to offset a top WR. If Hoyer has his best game, and Hopkin's trend continues he'll likely outscore him by 3-5 points. Is someone like Cousins available? He has a nice matchup with the Giants.

Mine:

Waiver Wire Ugliness

Thanks - I will be cutting Flacco - I should have said use his roster space for Hoyer or someone else.

In summary, do you guys think using Hoyer to greatly reduce Hopkins effectiveness is wise or should I go with Romo and hope for the best?

You need to start the team that is going to score you the most points. You shouldn't worry about who your opponent is starting and that should not factor into your decision on who you should start. Him having Hopkins is irrelevant to whether you start Romo or Hoyer (I would start Hoyer due to the matchup against the Saints).