What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GB / CHI GAME WEATHER (1 Viewer)

JaxJokers

Footballguy
Anyone nervous about the weather forecast for tomorrow nights game? Forecast is rain all day with a windchill in the 20s. Do you consider benching QB'S or WRs?

Rain all morning switching to a winter-y mix by game time.

I wouldn't bench anyone but kickers really... And even then Crosby might not bea bad play. If you're starting cutler you're probably screwed anyway

It does look like rain and a 15 mph wind. I would have to see if the rain is a down pour before I would consider benching Rodgers or Cutler if I had to start him. If its a drizzle and cold I wouldnt bench anyone.

Any chance Chicago gets a little precautionary with starting Forte on.a slick surface? Or am I over thinking this as a Langford owner?

I think Crosby is an awesome play in normal weather. However, I think he's too much of a risk because of the wet and windy conditions. I really wanted to roll him out, but I think Prater is a greater play that day.

Worried about Cobb... nothing to do with the weather though.
Haven't known what to do with Cobb for about a month. Big problem is stinky alternatives in Jordan Matthews and E Sanders. I might just leave in Cobb. What are you doing?

Haven't known what to do with Cobb for about a month. Big problem is stinky alternatives in Jordan Matthews and E Sanders. I might just leave in Cobb. What are you doing?
Cobb has 9 targets two weeks in a row. His problem is drops, nothing else. And he doesn't typically drop passes. I'd start him if I owned him unless I had a great backup option

Any chance Chicago gets a little precautionary with starting Forte on.a slick surface? Or am I over thinking this as a Langford owner?
Thinking the same. Forte will likely be active in any case with Carey out with a concussion, just a matter of how the work is divided.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are talking about Chicago and Green Bay. These teams are more than accustomed to a little weather. Unless it's a monsoon, carry on. The only thing that changes IMO is that the coaches may be less likely to activate borderline players with injury like Forte, Alshon etc...

I think this weather forecast makes leaving Jeffery on the bench easier...Jay Cutler in stink weather on the road against a somewhat reeling and "something to prove" rival, don't need to rely on positives coming from that

Don't think this really affects the skill players too much, but might stay away from the kicking game tonight and go with a kicker other than Crosby tonight.

Cobb has 9 targets two weeks in a row. His problem is drops, nothing else. And he doesn't typically drop passes. I'd start him if I owned him unless I had a great backup option
Thanks, haven't seen all his games. It's common sense, better player, better offense and way better QB. Let's do this Reggie.

Both are cold weather teams that will have a been there done that mindset. It's not imposing to them in general

I don't agree with the notion a team will be benching/sitting a main player on a National TV game that is most assuredly in front of family.

Alshon will sit because he's hurt or be pulled because he's hurt. Not because it's safe.

Forte and Langford- coach is gonna play whomever he needs to in order to be successful in each situation. Is Forte better receiver and Langford better at the GL? Then go with that thinking, not oh it's chilly and I have a booboo

Users who are viewing this thread