What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scoring Interceptions on 2PT conversions? They don't count? (1 Viewer)

jesseasi

Footballguy
Yesterday Ben Roethlisberger threw 3 INT's.

(3:42) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short right intended for 11-M.Wheaton INTERCEPTED by 77-A.Rubin at PIT 39. 77-A.Rubin to PIT 37 for 2 yards (66-D.DeCastro).

(14:18) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass deep left intended for 84-A.Brown INTERCEPTED by 25-R.Sherman at SEA 35. 25-R.Sherman to PIT 39 for 26 yards (84-A.Brown).

(Pass formation) TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. 7-B.Roethlisberger pass to 84-A.Brown is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS. Seattle #25 Sherman intercepted the pass in the end zone.

However his stat line only shows 2 INT's. Our league does not score the 2 point conversion attempt but we feel it should count as an INT and -2 in our scoring system. Because we also award 2 points for completing a 2 pt conversion pass.

I tried to search this here in the forums and I don't see it being brought up before.

We host our league on myfantasyleague which normally has the most complex and complete scoring system. Anyone else dealing with this?

Last edited by a moderator:
How would a fumble be scored? Same way? Also - how would fantasy sites count a 2pt attempt that is returned the other way?

How would a fumble be scored? Same way? Also - how would fantasy sites count a 2pt attempt that is returned the other way?
It's not a turnover, so it's not counted as a lost fumble for the player or a recovered fumble for the defense. It's just a failed attempt.

Some sites do count the 2pt return (MFL has a category for "Defensive Conversion Returns"), not sure about others.

Two point conversions are essentially a pass/fail situation. It's not an official offensive or defensive play in terms of stats.

Right, the NFL does not count regular stats on PATs. Not just fumbles or interceptions... a player does not get rushing, receiving or passing yards on them, nor any receptions, either.

Two point conversions are essentially a pass/fail situation. It's not an official offensive or defensive play in terms of stats.
This.

Chiefs got a sack yesterday on a 2 PT conversion, that didn't count either.

Nope, they don't count. But it isn't a "failed attempt" anymore now that the defense can return it the other way for two, so I think they SHOULD count.

Last edited by a moderator:
This makes me realize I never put into my scoring a returned 2pt attempt giving the defense two points
Me neither. This hasn't happened, yet, right? It will, for sure. I'm just not aware of any time in the first 12 weeks where it's actually occurred.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

This is a grey area. It's not a "turnover" in the sense that the other team gets a fresh set of downs, but it is a turnover in the sense that the other team could potentially score 2 points on the play.

My ruling would be: if the other team had scored, then it should count as -2 points for whoever made the turnover.

Go forth and update your scoring rules and thank me.

so on MFL would adding that to the scoring mid season be a bad idea?
My feeling is, if it's in the spirit of your rules to account for all scoring plays AND it doesn't impact any of the prior games AND it wouldn't conceivably have impacted anyone's draft strategy...go ahead and do it now for Weeks 13 and beyond.

so on MFL would adding that to the scoring mid season be a bad idea?
My feeling is, if it's in the spirit of your rules to account for all scoring plays AND it doesn't impact any of the prior games AND it wouldn't conceivably have impacted anyone's draft strategy...go ahead and do it now for Weeks 13 and beyond.
I'd ask the league

i think it is in the spirit, what i need to know is has anyone scored on it yet?

I do not think so but I need to make sure

i think it is in the spirit, what i need to know is has anyone scored on it yet?
No defense has scored on a PAT yet. Actually I think yesterday's INT was the first one that has ever happened on a PAT.
huh? no way
Prior to this season, all "interceptions" on PATs were considered to be incomplete passes. (Since defenses were not allowed to ever possess the ball on a PAT.) I don't think there have been any interceptions on PATs since the new rule went into effect.

I can't believe people didn't know this. It was announced by the NFL that a team can take the ball back the other way and score 2 points.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/5/19/8628243/nfl-changes-procedure-for-point-after-touchdowns-and-two-point

Second, defenses can now score two points off of a botched two-point conversion attempt. That means that if the offense is going for a two-point conversion and turns the ball over, the defense can return it for points.

The obvious fantasy solution is to give the DST +2 for a conversion return, but not penalize the INT or fumble lost.

Users who are viewing this thread