What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Schaub 2 point conversion rush... (1 Viewer)

GULAM

Footballguy
Here is one I have never seen before:

In a match-up this week that will determine which team goes to the playoffs. On the last play Team A was up 8 points with no players left and Team B had Schaub and Baltimore D. The block 6 ties the match-up. But... Then Schaub downs it for the two point conversion. Schaub before the down has 10 rush yards. After downing the ball he should be at 9 (minus 1 rush yard for downing the ball). No one (yahoo, espn, nfl.com) is scoring the last play (two point conversion) as a -1 rush yard. Why isn't it a run for minus 1 yard?

I'm the commish and I already have Team A texting me asking what the heck is going on and that I should fix it. Luckily I'm not Team B so I can make an unbiased ruling.

Anyone have any insight on why it isn't being scored as -1 rush yard? In the alternative should I do anything as the commish if the score holds after stat corrections are processed later in the week?

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed with above. Although in the Pit v Sea game Ben threw a pick that Sea Dst was getting credit for (in my league). Dunno if it has changed since then

Nothing should be scored for 2 pt conversions except points, because nothing is recorded in official stats regarding yards, completions, attempts............

Anyone have any insight on why it isn't being scored as -1 rush yard? In the alternative should I do anything as the commish if the score holds after stat corrections are processed later in the week?

Thanks in Advance!
Wow... haven't ready any responses yet... let me see how many I can nail.

1. Is this your first year in FF?

2. :ptts:

3. Stats aren't kept on conversions, only the result. So no attempt, reception, turnover ETC

4. Really?!?

5. You're such a turd

6. Yea man! WTF!!!111one11!!eleven!!!!1

7no see he never took a knee he was in the victory formation and thats how its done there now take that to the bank brohan

ETA: well apparently the convo here is pretty civil and I'm the jacka$$. Sorry. Though I'm pretty sure if I had left this until noon I would have gotten at least 3 out of those 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tell team A (what has already been mentioned here) and he'll be able to look it up himself if he's not satisfied. Shaub would not have been credited with two rushing yards if he did run it in, so why would he get negative yards? A two point conversion attempt does not create stats for any of the players involved.

And who the hell was starting Matt Shaub in a must win game? :D

Thank you guys for the clarification!

Just tell team A (what has already been mentioned here) and he'll be able to look it up himself if he's not satisfied. Shaub would not have been credited with two rushing yards if he did run it in, so why would he get negative yards? A two point conversion attempt does not create stats for any of the players involved.

And who the hell was starting Matt Shaub in a must win game? :D
Team B started the Season with Flacco, Kaepernick, Alex Smith in a 2 QB league.

Users who are viewing this thread