What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

14 Killed in Shooting in San Bernardino (1 Viewer)

Swing 51

Footballguy
San Bernardino Fire Department units were responding to a report of a “20-victim shooting” on Wednesday, authorities said.

The incident was reported in the 1300 block of South Waterman Avenue, the Fire Department tweeted shortly before 11:15 a.m.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department warned people to avoid the area due to police activity.

A “hard closure” was in effect at Orange Show Road / Waterman Avenue and Park Center Circle in San Bernardino, the Sheriff’s Department tweeted.
http://ktla.com/2015/12/02/authorities-respond-to-20-victim-shooting-incident-in-san-bernardino-fire-dept/

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody hearing this?

an Bernardino Fire Department units were responding to a report of a “20-victim shooting” on Wednesday, authorities said.

The incident was reported in the 1300 block of South Waterman Avenue, the Fire Department tweeted shortly before 11:15 a.m.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department warned people to avoid the area due to police activity.

A “hard closure” was in effect at Orange Show Road / Waterman Avenue and Park Center Circle in San Bernardino, the Sheriff’s Department tweeted.

Inland Regional Center's headquarters is on that block. It's a community nonprofit that helps people with developmental disabilities. Public golf course is across the street. Also an elder care facility and a building materials company nearby.

--Internet comment

Last edited by a moderator:
How do these terrorists obtain their firearms?

Honest question: If we hold bartenders and establishments responsible if they over serve a patron who drives off and kills somebody, why can't we punish the people who sell firearms and ammunition to murdering terrorists?

Why would anybody shoot up a place that works with people with developmental disabilities? Not that it would be any better if it were an abortion clinic or church or whatever, but that doesn't even make sense on a twisted level.

Honest question: If we hold bartenders and establishments responsible if they over serve a patron who drives off and kills somebody, why can't we punish the people who sell firearms and ammunition to murdering terrorists?
Honest answer - is a bartender is responsible only if they serve a noticeably intoxicated person.

For gun sellers - assuming they run the proper background checks - how are they supposed to identify those with homicidal tendencies?

I believe a gun shop was recently convicted of something like this. But I don't have the energy to google it right now.

I believe a gun shop was recently convicted of something like this. But I don't have the energy to google it right now.
http://fox6now.com/2015/09/30/trial-to-begin-for-lawsuit-involving-west-milwaukee-gun-store/

:no: Man, before I moved back to Georgia I lived not far from there and raced at Orange Show Speedway. I know exactly where they are talking about...

A family of a victim in the Aurora theater shooting went with this approach suing the gun company - ended up having to pay the legal bills for the gun company after they lost. That pretty much will scare away any attempt at that approach.

Because they pay lobbyists a lot of $$$ so that doesn't happen?

Why would anybody shoot up a place that works with people with developmental disabilities? Not that it would be any better if it were an abortion clinic or church or whatever, but that doesn't even make sense on a twisted level.
Sensationalism. As if there are degrees of coverage regarding mass shootings.

Can you old bags move the gun control hand wringing to the gun control thread so those of us looking to follow this incident don't have to step over your garbage?

TIA

Too many lunatics and losers with nothing to live for, nothing will change this. I mean, we should be spending more money on mental illness, but I don't think that will do much more than put a small dent in the problem.

Can you old bags move the gun control hand wringing to the gun control thread so those of us looking to follow this incident don't have to step over your garbage?

TIA
You're choosing a fantasy football message board to follow coverage? Talk about garbage.

TIA
You're choosing a fantasy football message board to follow coverage? Talk about garbage.
Lol

I don't know why these things can't be talked about here. It's a message board, not the scene of the crime.

TIA
Lol

I don't know why these things can't be talked about here. It's a message board, not the scene of the crime.
people generally come into a thread this early for news and information, not a debate.

Too many lunatics and losers with nothing to live for, nothing will change this. I mean, we should be spending more money on mental illness, but I don't think that will do much more than put a small dent in the problem.
If it's truly more than one gunman as is being reported, then I doubt mental illness is an issue here.

TIA
No TV and the FFA usually does a pretty good job of Aggregating reports from a wide range of news sources, not to mention color from those local to the area.

I browse the usual stuff (twitter/cnn/etc) as well... but poo pooing this place as a good cumulative news source is a bit silly, IMO.

And it doesn't change the fact that there is a Gun Control thread for the hand-wringing and circular debates.

Users who are viewing this thread