What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Former STP lead signer Scott Weiland is dead (1 Viewer)

Stp was my favorite of the 90's Seattle movement. Wieland was a mess though. Amazed he lived this long.

Met Weiland a couple times before they got signed. He had a flock of seagulls type of hairdo and they would do 80's covers of pop songs to fill their sets.

Used to listen in on them at Bands West recording/rehearsal studio in Orange County back in '91 or so...when they started developing their real sound.

Honestly...we all thought they were posers trying to bite on the Alice in Chains/Soundgarden sound that was taking over at the time...but they got signed and with help of some quality production really became a force.

It didn't take long for that initial image of them to wear off in my mind...awesome band with some great songs.

Edited to remove negative remarks I made on him...no sense in kicking the dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listened to STP a ton in college. Saw those videos of Weiland a few months ago performing, was really sad.

RIP

I saw him and STP ages ago at the State Palace. What a night, that was rocknroll. Music legends leave gifts that live longer themselves. Hopefully the man has peace. Thanks for the songs and that night, Scott.

Truly was listening to a bloc of STP on some station on the way to work today. Thinking geez, why can't I get some new #### like this.

Caught him last year sans STP and he still managed to bring what made him special. Shocked and saddened, but not surprised. RIP...

I never listened to them, but seeing the sadness of their/his fans makes me sad. I'm sorry you've lost a talented musician you guys enjoyed and my prayers for his family and friends.

RIP to one of the great frontmen in rock history.

I got to see them quite a few times in their prime before it all fell apart. A tremendous band with a big sound. They were the anti Seattle movement for me. They harkened back to big riff's guitar solos and soaring bombastic chorus's. Heavy Zeppelin influence.

Anyway ironically and hauntingly yesterday morning (I #### you not) I popped on Velvet Revolver's first and best album (Contraband) for a spin. I had not heard that album in a long time. It cooks. I was really jamming to it all day yesterday.

I wake up this morning to find out this news. It was inevitable. If you saw the videos floating around on You Tube with him singing Vasoline in dive bars....lord man he really was in a dark place again.

Such a shame he could not overcome his addiction to heroin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a shame, but I hope he has found peace, finally free from the demons that have haunted him for so long.

Got to see STP back in the early 90s and it was an amazing show. Scott had a truly signature sound and his presence as a front man was one of the best.

Good band (STP); GREAT frontman.

I always thought Big Empty was their best song but you don't hear it played much any more or mentioned as one of the best.

He was a very good front man when things were good and a train wreck when they weren't. Drug addiction is a mother, 48 is way too young. RIP.

Man loved listening to STP back in the day. Hearing that he is dead today I think I am more in shock he lived this long. Kinda feels like when I heard that MCA had passed a part of growing up has been lost. RIP

Users who are viewing this thread