What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Crappy league situation (1 Viewer)

Mr.Pack

Footballguy
League I'm in give ZERO points for not submitting a lineup. It does not revert to the last lineup, it's just a zero.

Guy in our league hasn't set a lineup for a couple weeks. This week he plays a team tied for first, so he'll give the guy a free win and good shot at the Division Championship

I've argued with the commish about this, and he says can't change it because there is a prize for most points scored in the season. I told him every team shoud play with a lineup and just take away the points after the game, there should never ever be a free win. Falls on deaf ears.

The situation this week is he plays a team who is tied for the Div. and I play the other team who is tied.

I'm out of it so win or lose no biggie to me. I just can't let this guy get a free win and if i win, a free championship. So I'm not submitting a lineup.

Yea, I hate that I'm doing it, but just cannot see the other team getting a free championship.

i will not be going back in this league next year. Not a chance, it's terribly run.

That league sounds like a bunch of idiots. Good job. You show 'em.
I agree on the first part, but it's not about me "showing them" I feel really crappy about doing it, but with money on the line, I just don't feel it's right to let someone get a free win at this crucial point.

Seems fair if you don't mind the loss

I used to allow reverted lineups but iirc, there was some screwy stuff with the Thursday night games

Stupid league and you're a ##### for doing the same thing. I would never be in a league like this with stupid rules.

What is the point of this rule?
His reasoning is that there is money for the most points scored, so if you don't submit a lineup you should be allowed to score any points. Fine, I told him in MFL you can go in and adjust the points, give the team Zero, but make them play the game out and earn a win.

Fell on deaf ears.

So stupid.

Stupid league and you're a ##### for doing the same thing. I would never be in a league like this with stupid rules.
Why am I wrong?

I'll agree two wrongs don't make a right, but why should anyone get a free Divisional Title and the money that comes with it?

If I was still in the playoff hunt it would be a moot point and I would play like normal

What is the point of this rule?
His reasoning is that there is money for the most points scored, so if you don't submit a lineup you should be allowed to score any points.
You can still have a prize for most points while allowing lineups to roll over into the next week. All he's doing is creating an environment where everyone ends up hating him and quitting the league.

Watch the Commish kick you out of the league for tanking.

It's OK to accidentally forget to submit your lineup, but GOD HAVE MERCY if you do it on purpose.

Not a fan of this setup. Easy to forget to set a lineup/miss Thursday game points, etc.... Even been in a redraft league with this setup and destroyed that league as well. But I sure wouldn't purposely not set a lineup. Would have finished the year and not returned. I wouldn't ever just throw away $$ on purpose :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of this setup. Easy to forget to set a lineup/miss Thursday game points, etc.... Even been in a redraft league with this setup and destroyed that league as well. But I sure wouldn't purposely not set a lineup. Would have finished the year and not returned. I wouldn't ever just throw away $$ on purpose :shrug:
He's already out of playoff contention

He's already out of playoff contention
Yea, no way do I do this if I am in contention for money, playoffs etc.

So you did the math and figured out that if your opponent also got a walk that he would win the division ?

Either your opponent got a free win and the division "championship" (something you are strongly against)

Or..

With both division leaders winning, the guy playing the AWOL teams wins the tiebreaker anyway. (meaning your move didn't matter)

Which is correct ?

Did your opponent already get a free win from the team that isn't submitting the lineup?

If so, you actually are giving him an EXTRA free win...

Did your opponent already get a free win from the team that isn't submitting the lineup?

If so, you actually are giving him an EXTRA free win...
More likely the deadbeat team probably tried for the first 4-6 weeks before they realized they would have to catch fire to make .500 and decided to just sleep in on Sundays instead. He probably beat a team, maybe 2. That's the way it always seems to go when I've seen it.

Users who are viewing this thread