What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FICO Score 850 (1 Viewer)

Chemical X

Footballguy
so, was making an Amex payment after using my skymiles card and noticed they now offer free FICO scores. both myself and my wife were listed at 850, which seems impossible, as it is a perfect score and virtually impossible. I double checked another location and it listed an 850 as well. what now? put my feet up on a bank manager's desk?

so, was making an Amex payment after using my skymiles card and noticed they now offer free FICO scores. both myself and my wife were listed at 850, which seems impossible, as it is a perfect score and virtually impossible. I double checked another location and it listed an 850 as well. what now? put my feet up on a bank manager's desk?
same here gb.Wait am I married to you?

:bwih:

Really just means you can take out debt at a great rate.

If any loans you might have out (mortgage, auto, etc.) are already at fantastic rates, there's really not much you can do assuming you don not want additional debt.

Meh. I'm a lender and would much rather lend to a 650.

risk/reward?

risk/reward?
Losing a lot of potential interest income lending to you vs. 650, since he can charge 650 a higher rate. If he can get comfortable 650 can make his/her payments, it's way more profitable than lending to you.

risk/reward?
Losing a lot of potential interest income lending to you vs. 650, since he can charge 650 a higher rate. If he can get comfortable 650 can make his/her payments, it's way more profitable than lending to you.
ah, banking confuses me.........thx

risk/reward?
This is true. However, percentages say loan officers have to work a lot harder to get all the payments on that 650 vs the 850. Hence the higher rate.

risk/reward?
This is true. However, percentages say loan officers have to work a lot harder to get all the payments on that 650 vs the 850. Hence the higher rate.
Also true. There is more risk on the financial institution when loaning to a consumer with a 650 vs. a 800+. Higher chances of a default, however, there's probably more of a chance that the 650 is a revolver (carrying balances and paying interest) vs. a transactor (who pays off the balance in full monthly).

Apparently you can get the no dangerous breed pet clause scratched from an apartment rental agreement. At least that's what happens in the commercial.

There must be a mistake. Give me your pets name and your social. I promise I won't rest until I figure this out. 

Why would an old home loan dropping off my credit report cause my score to drop? :whoosh:  
That's a loan that (presumably) you paid timely.  That's a predictor of how you might pay things in the future.  Its existence helped the score and its absence hurts it.  

That's a loan that (presumably) you paid timely.  That's a predictor of how you might pay things in the future.  Its existence helped the score and its absence hurts it.  
So basically if you keep paying us interest we will give you a great imaginary score. If you stop paying us that interest, because you don't owe us any more money we will lower your imaginary score. 

So basically if you keep paying us interest we will give you a great imaginary score. If you stop paying us that interest, because you don't owe us any more money we will lower your imaginary score. 
You can have over an 800 score just by having some credit cards that you pay in full each month.  You don’t have to pay interest. 

Walking Boot said:
Some versions of the FICO score go up to 900. Depends on your source.
Industry specific ones, like auto and credit card, can if they use the newer versions (FICO 8). But your overall FICO is limited to 850.

And now you have Vantage, LexisNexis, etc. I'm not sure if they are sticking with the same 850 scale or using something else. So you may start seeing some really odd numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread