What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Call your shot - the DL who gets 2+ sacks week 14 (1 Viewer)

matttyl

Footballguy
My league awards big points for sacks, including a bonus at the 2nd and each subsequent sack. What DLs can you see getting 2+ sacks this weekend?

San Diego, Baltimore and Indy are all facing oft-sacked QBs. Any guys from those teams primed for a big game?

San Diego and Baltimore will have possible LB's with 2+ sacks (Ingram, Attouchu, & Dumervil are candidates). As far as DL maybe Luiget

I think JPP has a good chance, Monday night game, his first game back in the spotlight and he's back to playing almost every down and I don't think he's gotten a sack yet and Miami's line is not that strong.

Since people are going with mainstream names I would go with both Ziggy Ansah vs St Louis and Chandler Jones vs Houston.

Gally said:
Since people are going with mainstream names I would go with both Ziggy Ansah vs St Louis and Chandler Jones vs Houston.
Yes, I think the top 3 (Zigg, Jones, Watt) are in fact the best bets this week at DL.

LB is a bit different obviously.

munygon2 said:
Dart throw - Willie Young (Chicago)
LB.
I guess it depends on your league. In Yahoo he is listed as "LB,DE".
Young has been hot though. He's got a sack or better in 3 straight games.
Yong is listed as hybrid DE/LB in my league. I picked him up last week and he came through with 1.5 but 2 is a tough call.

JJ Watt is the obvious answer since he's the only DLman with 4 games with at least 2 sacks but one guy who is hot right now is....

OAK DE/OLB Kalil Mack who has had 2 sacks in each of the last two games.

I think the reason is he is soo strong that he tends to dominate late in the year when facing banged up O-Linemen, some who have checked out mentally so that is the guy I think has the best shot at double diget sacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunday during the game.

No one had him but Cleveland rookie OLB/DE Nate Orchard just notched his second of the game at the end of the third quarter so he's got another Q to go.

EDIT: A couple of other two-bagger sackers today:

- Cleveland OLB/DE Armonty Bryant rang up 2 sacks

- St. Louis DT Aaron Donald had 3 sacks

- Carolina DT Kwaan Short had 2 sacks

Dart throw - Willie Young (Chicago)
LB.
I guess it depends on your league. In Yahoo he is listed as "LB,DE".
Young has been hot though. He's got a sack or better in 3 straight games.
Yong is listed as hybrid DE/LB in my league. I picked him up last week and he came through with 1.5 but 2 is a tough call.

JJ Watt is the obvious answer since he's the only DLman with 4 games with at least 2 sacks but one guy who is hot right now is....

OAK DE/OLB Kalil Mack who has had 2 sacks in each of the last two games.

I think the reason is he is soo strong that he tends to dominate late in the year when facing banged up O-Linemen, some who have checked out mentally so that is the guy I think has the best shot at double diget sacks.
With over 2:00 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter Mack got his second sack.

He's on fire.

EDIT: Just got his 3rd sack with over 11:00 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.

EDIT AGAIN: Just notched his FOURTH SACK with over 4:00 minutes to go in the fourth quarter.

EDIT AGAIN: FIFTH SACK with under 2:00 minutes to go.

MACK IS A BEAST!

Had him on my team that won first-round playoff by 60 points anyway

Opposed him on my playoff team where my JStewart and GOlson combined for only 1 of Carolina's 5 TDs. (i.e., likely lost)

Everyone mentioned so far as having good games are typically listed as LB. DL with good games were Short, Wilkerson, Branch, Donald, Hicks, and Sheard,

I didn't see any of these guy being called out prior to the games. Looks like this was a great week for typical bench guys (other than Wilkerson, Donald, and Short).

I expected Chandler Jones to suck up all those sacks but Sheard and Hicks took advantage.

Everyone mentioned so far as having good games are typically listed as LB. DL with good games were Short, Wilkerson, Branch, Donald, Hicks, and Sheard,

I didn't see any of these guy being called out prior to the games. Looks like this was a great week for typical bench guys (other than Wilkerson, Donald, and Short).

I expected Chandler Jones to suck up all those sacks but Sheard and Hicks took advantage.
The Texans left tackle is a stud. Jones couldn't get around him all game.

MACK IS A BEAST!

Had him on my team that won first-round playoff by 60 points anyway

Opposed him on my playoff team where my JStewart and GOlson combined for only 1 of Carolina's 5 TDs. (i.e., likely lost)
Mack is a beast.

Dee Ford came to play too. 3 sacks, 7 tackles, 1 pass defense.
Kalil has 9 sacks over the past three games and I guess since 1983 he set the record over that three game span. Over those three games he also had 7 solos and 14 assisted tackles.

Just posted by Chase Daniel at Pro Football Reference. Go to the link for the full chart.

---------------

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=JoDLA

In a single season, from 1983 to 2015, in the Regular Season, from team's 11th game to 13th game, sorted by descending Sacks.

Users who are viewing this thread