What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

STAR WARS: EP 7 ***SPOILER ZONE*** - Go here if you've seen it (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
Just a placeholder to help people avoid spoilers in the other thread. As people watch it, post your thoughts here so the rest of us that haven't seen it can avoid any spoilers.

Normally this would not be needed, but Star Wars is serious business.

Solo dies trying to save the two newbies, Luke is somewhere off where he can't roll right into action setting up some future mega fight between him and whoever is running around carrying his dead father's mask. Leia has gained 50 lbs and no longer wears metal thongs, she still can wield a weapon and looks very anguished falling into Solo's arms.

There's going to be a trip to Tatooine, maybe Luke is there living the good life like Obiwon. Luke will now be called Obitwo and walk around in a hooded robe. Hoth or snow will be prevalent echoing previous films like Empire.

Lando Calrissian has made a fortune on intergalactic sports betting and now owns and runs an adult themed Death Star out past Dantooine, red velvet carpet throughout.

That's just from the trailers of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the new characters are very easy to love/hate. You can easily see how this story will grow the Star Wars universe and make a whole new generation love it.

Oh and bravo to Andy Serkis, once again I watched an entire movie with him in it and had no idea. That guy can blend away into anything he wants. Bloody acting chameleon.

Outstanding. Like a million nerds cried out at once and were suddenly sated.

Such a fine balance between what we all wanted all along - since empire really - and a big bid to nostalgia without detracting from the story. Predictable in the best possible way, loved every minute of it. Can't wait to see out in imax, 3D, whatever. I'll definitely be back. Might be the second best SW movie after ANH (imo).

Loved the death scene even though it was totally telegraphed.

Did anyone else start to get choked up when the Falcon took off for the first time?

Loved it! Any thoughts on who Rey is?
Luke's daughter. This time they are cousins, end it explains why she is stronger. karlo was from Leah, Rey is from Luke is my guess
I was thinking the same thing
It does make sense, I think. Luke had a kid, but the empire wasn't finished off, and things were still dangerous. She had to be hidden, probably staying with the mom. When this event with Luke's padawan went down, maybe he knew where she was, so Rey had to be hidden completely.

Enjoyed it a lot. It hit the right balance of homage to the originals while introducing the new characters. My guess is that the next one will take a few more chances with extending the story in different directions. It's going to be a long wait for VIII.

Awesome movie. When you watch that you see why people hated the prequels so much. It just felt like Star Wars.

I never expected a deep plot, and I think any criticism this movie gets will be them going to the giant planet destroying weapon for the third time, but I mean this is Star Wars. Complex movie plots aren't needed.

Acting was off the charts good.

I think Rey and Finn are awesome. I love all the new characters.

The Solo death was shocking even though you kind of saw it coming. I thought Ford was awesome in this one and he had such great rapport with the new guys that I started to think he'd last another movie before his death.

Enjoyed it a lot. It hit the right balance of homage to the originals while introducing the new characters. My guess is that the next one will take a few more chances with extending the story in different directions. It's going to be a long wait for VIII.
Only 18 months!

The story is pretty mundane although done well. The shock was foretold but the ending was outstanding. Wish there was more Luke but hopefully he'll be more involved later.

I haven't read any reviews but the way the movie was shot was very early 1980's like and had the feel of the 1980's. Some of the shots were very Jedi like and makes for a good transition from episode 6 to 7. This one isn't some new-state-of-the-art editing green screen extravaganza. I think that is very unique and will age well.

For much of the movie when Kylo Ren would say something about the map, I was waiting for Rey or whomever was around to shout out, "Swiper, no swiping!" That would have been awesome!

Awesome movie. When you watch that you see why people hated the prequels so much. It just felt like Star Wars.

I never expected a deep plot, and I think any criticism this movie gets will be them going to the giant planet destroying weapon for the third time, but I mean this is Star Wars. Complex movie plots aren't needed.

The Solo death was shocking even though you kind of saw it coming. I thought Ford was awesome in this one and he had such great rapport with the new guys that I started to think he'd last another movie before his death.
Agree with all of this except for the "I love all the new characters" part.

I was not a fan of Kylo Ren. For one, he looks like the ******* child of Jim Morrison and Joey Ramone without his mask (emphasis on Ramone), but I did not like the way he delivered a lot of his lines. Maybe I'll care more about him in later movies, but let's also consider this: He got the #### kicked out of him by Rey, who only discovered she has force powers maybe a few hours before their fight. I get that he turned on Luke while still an unfinished product, but Luke fared much better when he fought Daddy Vader when HE was an unfinished product himself. Of course, Vader was a badass mofo and not a newb like Rey.

Aside from that, I really enjoyed it. Kylo's not beyond redemption, IMO.

So where in the hell did this big ugly Leader Snoke come from??

And is he a sith, including Kylo? Seemed like they went out of their way to avoid using sith in the movie. :shrug:

perfect balance of nostaglia and new.

it was a pleasure and relief to see characters that showed, wait, what is it called....oh yeah: EMOTIONS!

So glad that I managed to avoid the 3 big plot points that would've spoiled it:

1) Luke goes into seclusion but then we find him at the very end.

2) Kylo Ren is Han and Leia's son

3) Han is killed by Kylo

Knowing any one of those beforehand would've been pretty upsetting, though I kinda knew #2 and #3 going in.

The Star Wars universe tells us that the bad guy is usually related to someone we know, so #2 had to be expected even if not gotten exactly correct.

And we could've guessed that some main character was going to die (another Star Wars universe expectation) and as the story progressed you could

kinda figure it was going to be Han.

Either way, really satisfying movie.

Oh...and the effects ROCKED! :)

It won't take long for the euphoria to fade and the nitpickers to tear the movie apart. It's hard for people to just enjoy movies anymore.

Agree with all of this except for the "I love all the new characters" part.I was not a fan of Kylo Ren. For one, he looks like the ******* child of Jim Morrison and Joey Ramone without his mask (emphasis on Ramone), but I did not like the way he delivered a lot of his lines. Maybe I'll care more about him in later movies, but let's also consider this: He got the #### kicked out of him by Rey, who only discovered she has force powers maybe a few hours before their fight. I get that he turned on Luke while still an unfinished product, but Luke fared much better when he fought Daddy Vader, who was a badass mofo and not a newb like Rey.

There is more to Rey than meets the eye I think. Her back story will be cause of much speculation. Early in the movie she dominated those storm troopers with a weapon. Not sure how or where she was trained, but she was obviously skilled in fighting. Also Kylo was hurt from the Bowcaster.

Man what a psycho he was, hitting his side where he got shot, destroying stuff with his light saber due to his anger and ultimately killing his dad. I have a feeling he's going to become super powerful once his training is finished.

Actor was super weird looking.

Agree with all of this except for the "I love all the new characters" part.I was not a fan of Kylo Ren. For one, he looks like the ******* child of Jim Morrison and Joey Ramone without his mask (emphasis on Ramone), but I did not like the way he delivered a lot of his lines. Maybe I'll care more about him in later movies, but let's also consider this: He got the #### kicked out of him by Rey, who only discovered she has force powers maybe a few hours before their fight. I get that he turned on Luke while still an unfinished product, but Luke fared much better when he fought Daddy Vader, who was a badass mofo and not a newb like Rey.

There is more to Rey than meets the eye I think. Her back story will be cause of much speculation. Early in the movie she dominated those storm troopers with a weapon. Not sure how or where she was trained, but she was obviously skilled in fighting. Also Kylo was hurt from the Bowcaster.

Man what a psycho he was, hitting his side where he got shot, destroying stuff with his light saber due to his anger and ultimately killing his dad. I have a feeling he's going to become super powerful once his training is finished.

Actor was super weird looking.
Good point on the Kylo being hurt thing, I actually forgot about that amidst my post-movie giddiness.

Yeah, he's a psycho and yeah he's got potential. But man does he have a beak for a nose.

Users who are viewing this thread