What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst Christmas Songs (1 Viewer)

Cjw_55106

Footballguy
This time of the year, I tend to put on the "Christmas station" when the family is in the car. Now I know there are probably a million obscure songs that are terrible, but im talking about the main stream ones.

For me, it doesnt get any worse than Wham! and the terrible "Last Christmas". First off, its Wham, which is a negative. Secondly, other than the words "last Christmas", the song has nothing to do with Christmas. Taylor Swift has made a bit more palatable rendition in recent years, but overall, I cant change the station fast enough when that song comes on.

That Wham song is awful and you're right - it has nothing to do with Christmas.

I loathe that Paul McCartney song Wonderful Christmastime.

This makes it worse...he makes about $400k every year on royalties from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Wham song is awful and you're right - it has nothing to do with Christmas.

I loathe that Paul McCartney song Wonderful Christmastime.

This makes it worse...he makes about $400k every year on royalties from it.
That songs makes me want to puncture my ear drums. So vapid, so commercial, so silly, so irritating...god I hate that song. :yucky: :rant:

Could never get into "Santa Baby", not even Eartha Kitt's iconic version. If you pay any attention at all to the lyrics, you get to despising the bloodsucking character the singer portrays.

I was gonna say the Mariah Carey version of All I Want For Christmas Is You but that Wonderful Christmas is pretty terrible too

I like the Wham song :shrug:

I was gonna say the Mariah Carey version of All I Want For Christmas Is You but that Wonderful Christmas is pretty terrible too

I like the Wham song :shrug:
Of those 3 I actually prefer Carey's song but really it's like choosing who was the best of the recent GMs for the Lions.

and seems to be as near as consensus that we'll get in a music thread, but that Paul McCartney "wonderful Christmastime" garbage is worse than (PolPot X cancer)^SIDS

The insipid and overplayed Rocking Around the Christmas Tree and Jingle Bell Rock should have been let go over the edge when the Grinch's sleigh was at the top of Mt. Krumpet. Same with Hey Santa or Dear Santa or whatever the hell that self-duet piece of crap is.

Christmas music has become an example of the ClearChannelization of radio - the same 22 songs, beaten into the ground.

I like the Wham song for its cheesiness.

Santa Baby is pretty awful. Don't like the McCartney song either.

No mention of Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer yet? You guys are slipping. that's by far the worst.

I stick to the Keerock type of stuff and I cant go back to the regular stuff (sans the true classics as compiled by MadCow)

There's 10 or so great Xmas songs that get played to death - the rest suck:

Alvin & The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song

RUN DMC - Christmas In Hollis

The Carpenters - Merry Christmas Darling

The Eagles - Please Come Home For Christmas

The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping

Anything with the Ronettes / Darlene Love

Kenny Loggins - Celebrate Me Home

What am I missing?

There's 10 or so great Xmas songs that get played to death - the rest suck:

Alvin & The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song

RUN DMC - Christmas In Hollis

The Carpenters - Merry Christmas Darling

The Eagles - Please Come Home For Christmas

The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping

Anything with the Ronettes / Darlene Love

Kenny Loggins - Celebrate Me Home

What am I missing?
Happy Christmas (War is over)

I really pretty much detest "Winter Wonderland" because of the whole Parson Brown thing. Just makes no sense.
Speaking of not making sense, What does "Celebrate Me Home" mean? It makes no sense grammatically. Is it a typo? Do they mean "Celebrate My Home" instead? I hate that song because of this.

Users who are viewing this thread