What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Julian Edelman Fantasy Savior? (1 Viewer)

cowboys88

Footballguy
Apparently he's practicing today. I just dumped Moncrief and was able to snatch him up off waivers. Could be a huge boost to teams in the playoffs. Not quite sure I want to play him if he suits up this week, but this week may be all I got!

Slow down, sparky. He's still probably weeks away from playing in a game. Running in a straight line and stretching are one thing. Making those precise cuts on a surgically repaired foot are something altogether different. I'd be shocked if he played before week 17.

Apparently he's practicing today. I just dumped Moncrief and was able to snatch him up off waivers. Could be a huge boost to teams in the playoffs. Not quite sure I want to play him if he suits up this week, but this week may be all I got!
:lmao:

Slow down, sparky. He's still probably weeks away from playing in a game. Running in a straight line and stretching are one thing. Making those precise cuts on a surgically repaired foot are something altogether different. I'd be shocked if he played before week 17.
You're likely right. Still with my terrible options at WR, he's worth the add for me. All I'm left with is Moncrief level players.

If I know BB like I think I know BB, this is probably more of a motivational ploy to get the team psyched up that there is light at the end of the tunnel and people will be getting back on the field soon. I really don't see them putting Edelman in harm's way anytime soon, as they definitely need him for the post season to really go anywhere. I would suggest he will be out this week and next week and doubtful the week after that. He will probably be questionable for the last week of the regular season and they will figure out what is at stake in Week 17 before they decide if it is worth the risk of playing him. I would be surprised if he plays at all in the fantasy season, and if he did, I would think he would be on a minimal pitch count.

Yup, looking doubtful he'll make any kind of impact this season. If he's back week 16 I'm not sure I'd feel good throwing him out there.

In typical RW fashion, they've doubled down on the speculation & posted week 15 is a possibility. There's been no update to the original 6-8 week timetable. He got hurt Week 10.

I seriously doubt he comes back in the regular season but Im not willing to find out by my opponent picking him up and starting him against me if he does miraculously comes back.

I seriously doubt he comes back in the regular season but Im not willing to find out by my opponent picking him up and starting him against me if he does miraculously comes back.
Exactly.

He's sitting on the wire in two of my leagues.

Tempting.

If he's out there in any league, he's definitely worth the add. I just wouldn't bank on him coming back and getting back to the level of play he was at before.

Just picked him up in both of my leagues, worth it especially in PPR IMO.

If you have room, why not?

With only a few weeks left there should be some room at the end of most teams' benches.

Man, I have Gronk, Amendola, and Chandler and would love to drop Chandler for Edelman.

I have a bye this week so I could take a leap of faith that Gronk will be back week 15 and do it. But I also don't want Chandler picked up and used this week or take the chance Gronk isnt ready for next week......

:confused:

You might be better off letting your opponents pick him up and then have it blow up in their faces if he suits up week 16 and plays 12 snaps.

No. 1 player on my bid list for this week. I don't see a lot of talk about him in Waiver Wire articles this week with so much focus on all the new RBs so I'm hoping people are forgetting about him.

"Julian Edelman (foot) is practicing again on Wednesday.

Edelman returned to practice last Friday after breaking his foot Week 10. He's going to need a full week of practice before returning to game action, and that could happen this week. According to onlookers, Edelman looked "crisp and quick" and "pretty good" running routes on Wednesday. We'll continue to update Edelman throughout the week and into the weekend."

https://twitter.com/globejimmcbride/status/677186271706415104

I still don't buy it. Don't think he plays this week. Next week maybe, but in a championship week, I don't take that risk with a guy on his first game back. Especially vs Revis. Gonna let others hype him up and drool.

NJDawgPound said:
Edelman practicing today- no word whether full or limited participation
DID NOT PARTICIPATE RB LeGarrette Blount (hip) LB Jonathan Freeny (hand) FS Devin McCourty (ankle)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION WR Danny Amendola (knee) TE Scott Chandler (knee) SS Patrick Chung (foot) CB Justin Coleman (hand)*** WR Julian Edelman (foot)*** LB Dont’a Hightower (knee) OL Josh Kline (shoulder) WR Matthew Slater (stinger)

FULL PARTICIPATION TE Rob Gronkowski (knee) DE Chandler Jones (abdomen)

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/12/patriots-injury-report-julian-edelman-still-limited-in-practice/

Deamon said:
I still don't buy it. Don't think he plays this week. Next week maybe, but in a championship week, I don't take that risk with a guy on his first game back. Especially vs Revis. Gonna let others hype him up and drool.
Agree with everything you say

If he somehow plays this week and looks good and isn't limited. I don't see how you bench him next week. Aren't the pats still vying for a first round bye?

If he somehow plays this week and looks good and isn't limited. I don't see how you bench him next week. Aren't the pats still vying for a first round bye?
Game up on both Denver and Cincy. Have the tie breaker against Cincy but Denver has the tie breaker against NE.Can't afford to lose a game unless Denver loses first.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many weeks did Dez practice before he played again (same injury)?

They are going to bring him along slowly. He won't be a factor in a real game until Week 19.

Another "limited" practice today.

He's on my bench this week behind Julio, Watkins, Baldwin, and Hurns. Anybody seriously thinking about starting him this week?

Got him on my bench as well behind Fitz, ODB, and Michael Floyd. If he is active this week and plays, I will most likely start him over Fitz or Floyd next week (if I make it).

Not sure I have the huevos to start this week if active, unless Bellichek or Edelman come out and say he's 100%, which wont happen even if its true.

This Week: Announced active, plays very limited snaps. Catches 2 balls for 35 yards.

Next Week: Practices all week. Teams start him. Plays about half the snaps and goes 4 for 54 vs Revis.

That's a fairly optimistic outlook.

The only way you're trusting him in your championship game is if he has a great week this week. And even then, he's got Revis. Droppable.

This Week: Announced active, plays very limited snaps. Catches 2 balls for 35 yards.

Next Week: Practices all week. Teams start him. Plays about half the snaps and goes 4 for 54 vs Revis.

The only way you're trusting him in your championship game is if he has a great week this week. And even then, he's got Revis. Droppable.
We were saying the same thing about Gronk last week. How did that work out for us experts?

We were saying the same thing about Gronk last week. How did that work out for us experts?
Don't think anyone was saying Gronk was droppable.

All I'm saying, is that if he goes off this week, great you can use him (even though he has a tough Revis matchup) next week. But IF he doesn't do much this week (which I don't think he will, if he even plays), how can you start him in the most important game of the season, vs one of the best shutdown CB's in the NFL, coming off an injury and a game he didn't look great in?

obviously different situations and injuries... but still itneresting to me. gronk was in on 41/67 snaps in his first game back. He was DNP, LP, LP heading in to week 14... and was DNP all week 13. Prior to getting hurt gronk was pretty much playing every snap.

So the week 14 friday LP w/friday out designation (suggesting he was not close since he didnt even earn the 25% doubtfull tag) Heading to sunday week 15 with perhaps LP, LP. LP makes it possible edelman plays this sunday, but they have shown a willingness to put a star player on a snap count. So can a less than 100% edelman be counted on to produce getting say 50% of snaps? (all this assume he is active sunday of course). would probably mean 5-6 targets so could mean TD dependant in std scoring format. doesnt seem to be a lot of upside unless we get reports saying he'll play a big role (seems unlikely)

tough call, but i hope to at least get a chance to make it

I picked him up, don't need him but you never know what will happen with injuries. A couple weeks ago I had Gronk/Graham at TE and lost them both. Also lost Ingram same week or maybe the week after. Luckily Gronk is back. But I have 4 WRs ahead of Edelman and can start 3. So I'm hopefully never stuck with the conundrum. But I like having a possibly high volume guy in case I see 2 injuries this week (that's all assuming I win and am still playing next week). The guy I dropped was Rudolph so I'm not losing out on a big time guy to hold Edelman on my bench.

Don't think anyone was saying Gronk was droppable.

All I'm saying, is that if he goes off this week, great you can use him (even though he has a tough Revis matchup) next week. But IF he doesn't do much this week (which I don't think he will, if he even plays), how can you start him in the most important game of the season, vs one of the best shutdown CB's in the NFL, coming off an injury and a game he didn't look great in?
I was referring to his anticipated limited production and snap count. I think it proves that Belichek will play them if they are healthy enough to go.

Gronk had a bruise, Edelman has a break. He may be able to run around and look ok, but the foot is not going to be ready for a 260 pound LB to come barreling on top of him when he makes a catch. He is not going to play this weekend.

Gronk had a bruise, Edelman has a break. He may be able to run around and look ok, but the foot is not going to be ready for a 260 pound LB to come barreling on top of him when he makes a catch. He is not going to play this weekend.
They both are a pain tolerance thing. Once a bone has healed enough, it's the inflammation you worry about. Edelman may not play but it's not because of your stated reasons.

I agree completely and in fact would consider him the opposite of a fantasy savior.

They both are a pain tolerance thing. Once a bone has healed enough, it's the inflammation you worry about. Edelman may not play but it's not because of your stated reasons.
It's not just a pain tolerance issue. It's also performance related specifcally impacting if Edelman can continue to make clean quick cuts.

It's not just a pain tolerance issue. It's also performance related specifcally impacting if Edelman can continue to make clean quick cuts.
If he is relatively pain free, there would be no reason why he couldn't make cuts. We are not talking connective tissues here like ligaments or tendons.

If he is relatively pain free, there would be no reason why he couldn't make cuts. We are not talking connective tissues here like ligaments or tendons.
We'll agree to disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread