What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Hightower. Playoff savior? (1 Viewer)

I picked him up and feel decent about him. Not starting him this week over Draughn and Hillman

I was never that high on Ingram's talent. Assuming he gets the Ingram role, with the soft schedule, shootouts at home, GL carries/scoring opps; Ingram was rb3 in my league - if Hightower can produce at 80-85% of Ingram, that is very good

I picked him up, but have a bye this week in that league. Doubt Ill start him next week either. Got him mainly so someone else didn't have him blow up against me.

Picked him up, but starting Lamar miller and Todd Gurley. If Gurley puts up another crap performance, and j advance in spite of it, could see myself starting him next week.

there's a few threads on this now.

Bucs are pretty good against the run. I think tied for first or near there in YPC.

I expect today to be that annoying sort of "we gotta run so they won't key up against the pass" that teams do.

I have been impressed with him in preseason and totally went at it thinking he was a has been. Spiller's a pretty decent back. All these Hightower haters ought to give him some credit for earning PT over Spiller.

The Saints (Brees) do dump the ball off a lot to the RB so Hightower could increase his value there.

Only a handful of 3rd down back types are good enough to do well when the D knows a screen or short pass is coming to the RB. The Saints haven't had that guy since Sproles left. I don't think putting Spiller in on third is going to get him more work. I saw this line of thinking presented this week and...he's not quick in a scat back sense to pull that off. Maybe a few times but any D would stop that. Their best way of passing to the back would be to the guy that's in there often-Hightower. It's so far less predictable for the D

I don't care what he did today, I still wouldn't start him in my playoffs unless I had no one else.

Why did they never give Ingram 29 total touches?!? Imagine what Ingram could do with that many touches! Sean Payton really is a complete idiot. Smh

Why did they never give Ingram 29 total touches?!? Imagine what Ingram could do with that many touches! Sean Payton really is a complete idiot. Smh
teams always do this. Its bizarre. The starter gets limited touches and then gets hurt and the backup gets tons of touches. Same thing with forsett and allen

Depending on what Panthers decide to do w/ JStew (had some sort of foot injury today, sat out 2nd half), Hightower looks like a pretty good option to me. better than alternatives I own, like Matt Jones & Duke Johnson, who have issues of their own.

Will be in my starting lineup moving forward.

Need 3 of the 4 below and how I've got them ranked for week 15 (number 1 on the list):

Hightower (playoff savior?) vs Detroit

Cooper vs GB

DMC vs NYJ

Buck Allen vs KC

[scooter] said:
JohnnyU said:
I don't care what he did today, I still wouldn't start him in my playoffs unless I had no one else.
You should just back out of this thread slowly.
you obviously dont know johnnyU. He backs down from nothing, even when wrong.

Well CJ Spiller is officially hot garbage in all formats. If you can't beat out a never will be in Tim Hightower, your career is almost over yourself.

After injuries to bell, ingram, Lewis, Yeldon and Rawls this year, looks like Hightower and Powell are my staters in the championship game next week. :(

You like Hightower at home against a solid Lion D? I see the game script much different than today, in that the Lions will put up more points and the Saints will probably be playing from behind. I'm starting him next week, but I don't expect he will produce like he did today.

You like Hightower at home against a solid Lion D? I see the game script much different than today, in that the Lions will put up more points and the Saints will probably be playing from behind. I'm starting him next week, but I don't expect he will produce like he did today.
The Lions offense looked like they packed the golf bags after the first Q of the Packers game last Thursday. I wouldnt expect the Saints to be playing from behind in the dome.

Looks like I'll be rolling out Timmy and David Johnson for my title run. Not quite what I imagined drafting Forte and Murray early. /csb

It is good to see Hightower back in the league (didn't even realize he's been gone 4 years) and getting some action. I remember like it was yesterday drafting this guy in a keeper league his rookie season and expecting him to turn into a stud. Thanks for nothing Beanie.

Per Wikipedia:

Hightower would then become the only Cardinal rookie running back ever to have scored a touchdown in each of his first two games with the franchise. Eventually, he would go on to score 10 regular season touchdowns (13 including the playoffs), setting a Cardinals rookie record. He would score the winning touchdown for the Arizona Cardinals in their last drive of the 2008 NFC Championship Game to propel the Arizona Cardinals to Super Bowl XLIII (the Arizona Cardinals' first).

Sounds a lot like another AZ rookie rb.

Last edited by a moderator:
I over thought this and pulled Hightower Sunday at like 12:55PM, like a fregging idiot. Luckily my opponent had a rough week and I am still up going into Monday nights game. I will definitely be starting Hightower this week against Detroit if I survive tonight.

FYI, I pulled him for Woodhead who stunk, 10 point swing there.

Users who are viewing this thread