What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Bowl Season (1 Viewer)

NixonMask

Footballguy
I havent played in previous years so Im not sure, but I assume theyll start putting up so bowl slates in the next week or two. Assuming there is will there be content for these?

First slate is up on Fanduel. Im just putting in a placeholder lineup and there is a pretty major pricing error. Nick Wilson is minimum price against one of the worst defenses in the country, I know he has been hurt for a few weeks and the other backs played well while he was out, but he started the last game and should feast with this much rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we are going to have content for these. We are going to try to have projections for all slates, and then write-ups for almost all of them. Expect to see something up in the next day or two for the 12/19 slate.

NixonMask said:
First slate is up on Fanduel. Im just putting in a placeholder lineup and there is a pretty major pricing error. Nick Wilson is minimum price against one of the worst defenses in the country, I know he has been hurt for a few weeks and the other backs played well while he was out, but he started the last game and should feast with this much rest.
Re: Nick Wilson - the 4,500 price tag is clearly an outlier in this slate. However, with pricing being fairly soft, I don't see too much opening up from taking him, and then I'm limited to only one of the other top RBs. I will probably use Wilson in a tournament lineup, but initially I'm leaning toward fading him in cash.

I completely agree theres not much to pay up for. Billy Freeman looks lock and load to me at TE. Just playing around with the prices though this slate looks like itll be decided on the WRs. I can probably get behind Johnny Jackson at min price, but other than that the Georgia State guys are going against the #4 pass defense, Ohio should have problems doing just about anything against App. State, and then all the other options are around 6500. 3 of those guys and Freeman really limit the options elsewhere. Ill wait on the real analysis (read not mine) before ultimately settling on a lineup, but just the way the pricing shakes out a good RB option at min salary is probably going to be too much for me to pass up.

I completely agree theres not much to pay up for. Billy Freeman looks lock and load to me at TE. Just playing around with the prices though this slate looks like itll be decided on the WRs. I can probably get behind Johnny Jackson at min price, but other than that the Georgia State guys are going against the #4 pass defense, Ohio should have problems doing just about anything against App. State, and then all the other options are around 6500. 3 of those guys and Freeman really limit the options elsewhere. Ill wait on the real analysis (read not mine) before ultimately settling on a lineup, but just the way the pricing shakes out a good RB option at min salary is probably going to be too much for me to pass up.
Kinda a moot point now, Wilson probably not playing:

http://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/911941?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Yes, we are going to have content for these. We are going to try to have projections for all slates, and then write-ups for almost all of them. Expect to see something up in the next day or two for the 12/19 slate.
Are any of the write-ups yet, I see the projections, but haven't been able to find the write-ups yet. Thanks for all your guys hard work this year btw, great stuff.

Are any of the write-ups yet, I see the projections, but haven't been able to find the write-ups yet. Thanks for all your guys hard work this year btw, great stuff.
NM, found it, I was looking at the very bottom right, where it usually is under Draft Kings content, didn't notice it under the Spotlight section.

Yeah I think that was a mistake when it got linked, you're right typically it is under the contest spotlight.

I will provide that feedback for future weeks to the team that links that page.

FanDuel's pricing is so incredibly soft on this slate. Have a hard time playing it when everyone is going to have essentially the same lineup. There really is no need to go down to Solomon or Driskel unless you like a wide receiver such as Penny Hart or Carlos Henderson who are intriguing but is it worth downgrading at QB.

Potter

Dixon

Williams

Taylor

Paschal

Freeman/Rucker

And then really it is pick your last player whether it is Cayleb Jones or Donovan Harden.

Had to get up at 6. Close to freezing. Drove an hour and a half to work on a Saturday. And its all good 'cause its bowl season!

I am a little concerned with Baker being 40% owned though. I faded him in favor of Williams thinking that would be the chalk play. Apparently not.

Had to get up at 6. Close to freezing. Drove an hour and a half to work on a Saturday. And its all good 'cause its bowl season!

I am a little concerned with Baker being 40% owned though. I faded him in favor of Williams thinking that would be the chalk play. Apparently not.
The Baker td was awful, was wrapped up behind the line of scrimmage by two guys and somehow didn't get tackled.

Confident Williams is still the guy we want.

Yeah looking fine, I was just surprised the %s werent atleast flipped

If you thought full day had no diversification, take a look at the degen slate that kicks off at 5:30 - suspect that many h2hs will be 1 to 2 players separating teams (at most)

I love getting killed by game script. Joe Williams has looked great so far, but BYU just doesn't care in this game.

Baker has looked good though

Hard to be mad with 4x value. It's a shame there was literally nothing to pay up for to have let me get both in a lineup

Im tempted to be greedy, but I want them to keep putting up games. Yahoo started doing college football and it appears to be about as soft as possible. Its not a whole lot of games, Ive got like $40 in contests, but I forgot to change my Nick Wilson lineup after he was announced out. I also had Dijon Paschal and his doughnut in that lineup. Obviously I assumed it was a complete loss, but not only did I cash the 50/50s, more than min cashed the GPPs too. If youve got money on there might want to consider the bowl slates.

Dixon, Williams, and solomon carried me to min gpp cashes. Basically took a donut at one WR position and TE in every lineup otherwise it would have been a really good day.

wow, i was gonna deposit on yahoo but figured i'd hold off as i had a decent amount tied up on FD/DK already - that's crazy that it's that soft though, think I'll have to hop on

You dont need to deposit alot of max out on the games they offer every week. $50 is more than enough to get into every 50/50 and GPP they offer under $10 right now. Much higher than that youre just going to be playing the same sharks as on all the other sites.

For anyone playing tonight Higbee was on crutches as recently as Friday. Hasn't been announced out though.

Edit: still on crutches on Sunday walkthrough. Probably not playing.

Edit: I love Kent Myers. Probably a bit ambitious but I think he may outscore Doughty straight up

For anyone playing tonight Higbee was on crutches as recently as Friday. Hasn't been announced out though.

Edit: I love Kent Myers. Probably a bit ambitious but I think he may outscore Doughty straight up
Is Myers even starting?

Is Myers even starting?
I'm assuming rational coaching. Admittedly that doesn't mean he will since it hasn't been announced.

Is Myers even starting?
I'm assuming rational coaching. Admittedly that doesn't mean he will since it hasn't been announced.
I have seen that Keeton is starting, and I have also seen they may split reps. I haven't seen Myers is going to start. I'd be careful with that qb situation.

I appreciate it. Utah state should absolutely dominate which is why I like Myers. Akron looks good in the year end rankings, but its incredibly how many bad teams they played. Anyone with a little talent blew straight through them.

Chickie keeton is starting. They should roll over Akron either way and the narrative is nice but its not the best football decision.

Incredible Utah State found a way to lose that game. I know you want to honor Keeton, but its hard to imagine Myers losing that one, especially with the limited snaps he did so much with.

I did't have any Lewis myself yesterday so can't check ownership, dieter was 40%. I'm assuming Lewis is lower with a higher ceiling but i still like dieter.

Sticking with Lewis. I should finish in the money in all 200 worth of lineups. Dieter would be the safer play, but I'm sticking with my original lineup.

I lost the 100 dollar 17 person GPP by 1 yard, FML...... Matt Johnson slides short of the first down when no one was around him. 300 dollar swing!

I'm going with brunskill, but you're pulling names out of a hat. I'm also stacking 2 SDSU backs for cash to afford the QBs and WRs from the other game

I'm going with brunskill, but you're pulling names out of a hat. I'm also stacking 2 SDSU backs for cash to afford the QBs and WRs from the other game
Thanks Nixon.

I went Tucker and Parker at the second RB spot. One should have a really nice day.

Some interesting news today.

David Cutcliff said the following about Sirk and Parker Boehme, "Parker can play. And he’s going to have his spots. We’re not afraid to put him into the game and give him an opportunity to make plays in situations. I was very pleased with Parker’s performance."

Sirk is still one of the top QB's on my board, but isn't the surefire #1 guy that he was a few hours ago. Just hard to know the split, but I still expect it to be about 98% Sirk and Boehme come in for about 5 short yardage plays

Also as soon as we have some Jordan Howard news, I will post it here. If he is out here are the players that would see an upgrade. Our current projections have him as playing based on reports of him practicing in full pads this week.

Devine Redding becomes a must start

Nate Sudfeld gets a pretty sizeable upgrade

Simmie Cobbs gets an upgrade

Some interesting news today.

David Cutcliff said the following about Sirk and Parker Boehme, "Parker can play. And hes going to have his spots. Were not afraid to put him into the game and give him an opportunity to make plays in situations. I was very pleased with Parkers performance."

Sirk is still one of the top QB's on my board, but isn't the surefire #1 guy that he was a few hours ago. Just hard to know the split, but I still expect it to be about 98% Sirk and Boehme come in for about 5 short yardage plays
This wreaks of Boehme getting goalline snaps.

Why do coaches think making guys warm up 10 minutes before kick off, that they aren't going to play, is going to accomplish anything?

Wanted to give you all a heads up that our Tuesday Championship Week FanDuel content will be going out today. We are currently finalizing the projections which will go out first, and then you will see the articles associated with the projections.

Thanks for all of your support this season

Users who are viewing this thread