What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 50 Greatest Hair Albums EVER. (1 Viewer)

Warsteinner

Footballguy
50. W.A.S.P. – W.A.S.P.

49 Scorpions – Savage Amusement

48. Skid Row – Slave to the Grind

47. Great White – Once Bitten – Twice Shy (Combined them)

46. Van Halen -1984

45. Motley Crue – Dr. Feelgood

44. Saigon Kick – The Lizard

43. Slaughter – Stick It To Ya

42. Warrant – Cherry Pie

41. Twisted Sister – Stay Hungry

40. Mr. Big – Lean Into It

39. Britny Fox – Britny Fox

38. Dangerous Toys – Dangerous Toys

37. Enuff Z’Nuff – Enuff Z’Nuff

36. Motley Crue – Girls, Girls, Girls

35. Quiet Riot – Metal Health

34. Cinderella – Long Cold Winter

33. Bon Jovi – New Jersey

32. Whitesnake – Slide It In

31. W.A.S.P. – The Last Command

30. Danger Danger – Danger Danger

29. Poison – Flesh & Blood

28. Faster #####cat - Wake Me When It's Over

27. Damn Yankees - Damn Yankees

26. Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime

25. Ratt - Invasion of Your Privacy

24. Poison - Look What the Cat Dragged In

23. Kix - Blow My Fuse

22. Dokken - Under Lock and Key

21. Warrant - DRFSR

20. LA Guns - LA Guns

19. Poison - Open Up and Say... Ahh!

18. BulletBoys - BulletBoys

17. Dokken - Back for the Attack

16. Tesla - The Great Radio Controversy

15. LA Guns - Cocked & Loaded

14. Whitesnake - Whitesnake

13. Scorpions - Love at First Sting

12. Tesla - Mechanical Resonance

11. Dokken - Tooth and Nail

10. Bon Jovi -Slippery When Wet

9. Def Leppard - Hysteria

8. Skid Row- Skid Row

7. Motley Crue - Too Fast for Love

6. Def Leppard - Pyromania

5. Ratt - Out of the Cellar

4. Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil

3. Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry

2. Cinderella - Night Songs

1. GNR - Appetite For Destruction

[SIZE=16pt]50. W.A.S.P – W.A.S.P. (1984) [/SIZE]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/30/Wasp-first-album.jpg

Debut album for legendary front man Blackie Lawless and the boys. When the album was first released they caved to pressure and deleted the song “Animal (**** like a beast)” because some parents added it to a list of filthy songs. It was however, put back on in a 1998 reissue.

[SIZE=10pt]1. [/SIZE]I WANNA BE SOMEBODY

1. L.O.V.E. MACHINE
  2. THE FLAME
  3. B.A.D
  4. SCHOOL DAZE
  5. HELLION
  6. SLEEPING (IN THE FIRE)
  7. ON YOU KNEES
  8. TORMENTOR
  9. THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=16pt]49. Scorpions – Savage Amusement (1988)[/SIZE] http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/scorpions/savage_amusement/buy

Two classic themes I love about 80s hair metal are ballads and songs you listen to while doing a big gagger and slamming whiskey. This album packs both from start to finish.

1. Don’t Stop At The Top

2. Rhythm Of Love

3. Passion Rules of The Game

4. Media Overkill

5. Walking On The Edge

6. We Let it Rock… You Let it Roll

7. Every Minute Every Day

8. Love On The Run

9. Believe In Love

[SIZE=16pt]47. Great White – Once Bitten (1987) Twice Shy (1989) [/SIZE]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/dc/OnceBitten.jpg/220px-OnceBitten.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a4/TwiceShy.jpg/220px-TwiceShy.jpg

I’m combining this into on album even though they were released separately two years apart. When I venture to my regular gentlemen’s club I always see the DJ after getting a drink and tip him to play “Rock Me” and “House of Broken Love” for the youngest entertainers in the joint. I believe all 90’s kids should learn to appreciate the music that preceded them.

1. Lady Red Light

2. Gonna Getcha

3. Rock Me

4. All Over Now

5. Mistreater

6. Never Change Heart

7. Fast Road

8. On the Edge

9. Save Your Love

1. Move It

2. Heart the Hunter

3. Hiway Nights

4. The Angel Song

5. Mista Bone

6. Baby’s on Fire

7. House of Broken Love

8. She Only

9. Once Bitten Twice Shy

[SIZE=16pt]46. Van Halen – 1984 (1984[/SIZE]) https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5f/Van_Halen_-_1984.jpg/220px-Van_Halen_-_1984.jpg

The last VH album to feature David Lee Roth until a reunion in 2012. I personally put VH in the “bubble gum” category when it comes to hair bands, but they do have a time and place. Those times and places usually involve drunk chicks in little to no clothing.

1. 1984

2. Jump

3. Panama

4. Top Jimmy

5. Drop Dead Legs

6. Hot for Teacher

7. I’ll Wait

8. Girl Gone Bad

9. House of Pain

:blackdot:

Can't say I'm an expert or connoisseur of hair metal, but I'm aware of the time when it ruled the world.

If the commentary for the entire Top 50 will be as good as what's been offered so far, this is going to be an awesome ride.

:headbang:

Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild just came on Pandora shuffle. It's a sign!

:blackdot: Can't say I'm an expert or connoisseur of hair metal, but I'm aware of the time when it ruled the world.

If the commentary for the entire Top 50 will be as good as what's been offered so far, this is going to be an awesome ride.

:headbang: [/quote

I am a connoisseur of hair metal. Have seen each band on the list in concert so far. Thanks for taking me back to a great time period. Wasp and skid row were fun as hell. Skid row got branded as a pretty boy band but rocked hard.

Never much got into W.A.S.P.

Scorpions have better albums - this was post-peak

Slave to the Grind would probably be a top 20 hair metal album for me

Those Great White records are probably rated just about right :thumbup: "Rock Me" is hairy perfection

Don't care much (just some passing commentary) but I'm not sure I'd lump any full album by Van Halen (or, say, AC/DC) into this category. They did tour and party with all those guys though. Put it this way, if 1984 is a hair metal album, well, as we'll surely see it too should be a lot higher.

JZilla said:
Never much got into W.A.S.P.

Scorpions have better albums - this was post-peak

Slave to the Grind would probably be a top 20 hair metal album for me

Those Great White records are probably rated just about right :thumbup: "Rock Me" is hairy perfection

Don't care much (just some passing commentary) but I'm not sure I'd lump any full album by Van Halen (or, say, AC/DC) into this category. They did tour and party with all those guys though. Put it this way, if 1984 is a hair metal album, well, as we'll surely see it too should be a lot higher.
Big fan of Slave to the Grind.

Not sure any Van Halen really qualifies, but they were an influence to the style.

Love Hair Metal. Graduated high school in 1987 so this was the soundtrack to my life from 83-91

45. Motley Crue Dr. Feelgood (1989) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Feelgood_(album)#/media/File:Motley_Crue_-_Dr_Feelgood-front.jpg

This is a top 50 for albums and we will see the best of Skid Row and we will see better Motley, but this album while is not the Crue's best. It still makes top 50. I was young, dumb, and full of batter at the time. I was done wrong by a hoe, we'll call her Megan and this album had my ballad to get me through.

. "T.n.T. (Terror 'n Tinseltown)" Sixx 0:42 2. "Dr. Feelgood" Mick Mars, Sixx 4:50 3. "Slice of Your Pie" Sixx, Mars 4:32 4. "Rattlesnake Shake" Mars, Sixx, Vince Neil, Tommy Lee 3:40 5. "Kickstart My Heart" Sixx 4:48 6. "Without You" Sixx, Mars 4:29 7. "Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S.)" Lee, Sixx, Neil, Mars 4:12 8. "Sticky Sweet" Mars, Sixx 3:52 9. "She Goes Down" Mars, Sixx 4:37 10. "Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)" Sixx, Mars 11. "Time for Change"

45. Motley Crue Dr. Feelgood (1989) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Feelgood_(album)#/media/File:Motley_Crue_-_Dr_Feelgood-front.jpg

This is a top 50 for albums and we will see the best of Skid Row and we will see better Motley, but this album while is not the Crue's best. It still makes top 50. I was young, dumb, and full of batter at the time. I was done wrong by a hoe, we'll call her Megan and this album had my ballad to get me through.

. "T.n.T. (Terror 'n Tinseltown)" Sixx 0:42 2. "Dr. Feelgood" Mick Mars, Sixx 4:50 3. "Slice of Your Pie" Sixx, Mars 4:32 4. "Rattlesnake Shake" Mars, Sixx, Vince Neil, Tommy Lee 3:40 5. "Kickstart My Heart" Sixx 4:48 6. "Without You" Sixx, Mars 4:29 7. "Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S.)" Lee, Sixx, Neil, Mars 4:12 8. "Sticky Sweet" Mars, Sixx 3:52 9. "She Goes Down" Mars, Sixx 4:37 10. "Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)" Sixx, Mars 11. "Time for Change"
I believe this was their first album when everyone in the band was clean.

Looking forward to the debates in this thread. Especially my username namesake album.

You're doing god's work here Warsteiner.

If that is true, it explains why the best Crue has yet to come.

This is definitely Top 3. For me though, "Shout at the Devil" is my fav.

Hang tight, "Livewire" we got you.

belljr said:
So gd in.
This, hair metal was my thing in the 80's. Worked concert security during that time as well so got to see some kickass bands right at the stage and the stupid fans that loved them

Good song, Too Fast For Love, another good one

"the looks that kill"..... :headbang: You killing my countdown homie.

Sorry bro, you got me all fired up! :headbang:

Sorry bro, you got me all fired up! :headbang:
Not at all man!! You know your ####!! Just don't give spoilers. lol

Mr. Pack - I will say this. I'll give you 10 guesses at #1 by PM, obviously and bet you don't get it, but appreciate it.

Poison makes the list as you will see, but too 15 is laughable to a true 80's child. Appetite is high but not top 10

Warsteinner said:
[SIZE=16pt]46. Van Halen – 1984 (1984[/SIZE]) https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5f/Van_Halen_-_1984.jpg/220px-Van_Halen_-_1984.jpg

The last VH album to feature David Lee Roth until a reunion in 2012. I personally put VH in the “bubble gum” category when it comes to hair bands, but they do have a time and place. Those times and places usually involve drunk chicks in little to no clothing.

1. 1984

2. Jump

3. Panama

4. Top Jimmy

5. Drop Dead Legs

6. Hot for Teacher

7. I’ll Wait

8. Girl Gone Bad

9. House of Pain
This seems criminally underrated to me.

I know 1984 gets railed on by critics, but I love me some 1984. I thought it really captured the spirit of the times.

Users who are viewing this thread