What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is your team's MVP? (1 Viewer)

Futz

Footballguy
We know who had the best statistical seasons in FF but which player was most important to your team's success? Maybe it was just a fill in during a crucial stretch while an injured player healed. Perhaps it was a single performance in a must win game.

After suffering some early injuries and starting 0-3, Martavis Bryant came in and helped right my team's ship while finishing 10-1. Huge value pick in the 8th round for me.

Watcha got?

Last edited by a moderator:
Devonte Freeman was big for me for weeks when my roster only had AP as a reliable starter. I landed the top seed in that league and Freeman was a big reason why.

fozzy if he can put up any amount of points after losing yeldon and ingram and demarco these last 2 weeks

big seasonal makers having been eifert #1

then julio and OBJ and M Bryant

Redraft: Julio; Runner up: Lamar

Dynasty 1: OBJ; Runner up: Lamar

Dynasty 2: OBJ; Runner up: Gurley

Dynasty 3: Green; Runner up: Hurns

Dynasty 4: Julio; Runner up: Hurns

It's tough to say as the waiver wire has got me through the entire season at one point only starting one player I drafted:

1a. Devonte Freeman

1b. Blake Bortles

1c. Allen Hurns

Cam was a mistake in the draft (was not sold). I tried to sell him the week before Big Ben got hurt with no takers. Since then we has carried me and allowed me to focus WW efforts elsewhere.

OBJ and Gronk have given the solid base that was expected. Perhaps they should count but Cam is for sure the surprise.

Week 14 was OBJ, of course.

First 2 picks: Brown & Green

Trades: Gurley & Robinson

WW: DeAngelo & Bortles

Overall I'd say Bortles meant the most.

No clue...only Gronk and Latavius left in my starting lineup as far as who I drafted.

Charc for a spell, McFadden, Buck Allen, Dion Lewis...traded for Julio who was great for some weeks too. Barnidge filling in when Gronk has been out.

Lost Foster, K. Allen, Charles, Dion Lewis and others missing quite a bi tof time.

waiver wire has been my MVP.

Week 1 starters:

P Manning

Bell

Charles

Lacy

Tate

Kelce

Semifinal starters:

Brees

Deangelo

L Miller

C West

A Robinson

Reed

Lots of waiver moves and trades.

A Robinson has been my MVP after acquiring him and Landry for Forte before week 5

No clue...only Gronk and Latavius left in my starting lineup as far as who I drafted.

Charc for a spell, McFadden, Buck Allen, Dion Lewis...traded for Julio who was great for some weeks too. Barnidge filling in when Gronk has been out.

Lost Foster, K. Allen, Charles, Dion Lewis and others missing quite a bi tof time.

waiver wire has been my MVP.
woah, same exact here. :tinfoilhat: great drafting though, and GM skills to navigate through those

Me! I have been working the WW like a mofo to fill in for a slew of injuries and underperformance from my 2015 RB draft class.

Grabbed Dion Lewis before week one, picked up Rawls when Lynch was still playing, carried David Johnson and Deangelo Williams through the buy week gauntlet just in case...Truly been unbelievable how lucky and unlucky I have been in both "predicting" and sustaining injuries. It's like I have some RB voo doo doll or something.

So, who did I pick up just this week? Andre Ellington. Sorry David Johnson owners (me included), but it looks like the die has been cast

Hopkins. Hoping this post motivates him to return to early season form for the next two weeks. Gronk is a close second.

From my four money league auctions, and looking at value based on them greatly outperforming their price, I will go with:

Chris Ivory

Odell Beckham (only went for like 45 bucks in this league)

Gary Barnidge

Eric Decker

Bortles and AJ Green have carried me the last 3 weeks when I've needed them the most. I really need that to continue for the next couple of weeks.

Drafted Gronk in a PPR and then had 4 rounds of garbage. Then I drafted Landry, Robinson, and Fitzgerald in the 6th 7th and 8th and went with Palmer late as a backup for Tannehill (who got cut soon after lol.)

Gronk's the easy answer I think. Based on value I'd have to say Palmer Fitzgerald and Deangelo down the stretch when RB has been a nightmare

This may sound politically incorrect but it was a fun experiment. I was screwed out of my keepers because I missed a silly deadline to submit them. Being at a disadvantage I decided to draft an all white fantasy team. Aside from Gronk I was able to get pretty much the best white player at every position.

Julian Edelman provided elite WR numbers and kept my team legitimate for a large portion of e season. I'm ruling him out of e MVP discussion due to his injury, so I'll go with Eric Decker. Still criminally slept on by the fantasy community, he's been a beacon of consistency and has helped offset the fact that I've been rolling out Woodhead and a slew of fullbacks at my RB position.

Improbably, I just won a playoff game and am into the semis

Cam for consistency and value.

Nuk and Julio for early season production.

BUT, if Baldwin has another big game this week in the championship game, then it has to be him for carrying me in the playoffs.

Ironically, a player who was only on my team a few weeks. The charcnado himself. Although Palmer have me huge value as a late Qb in a start 2 league, as did tyrod Taylor, it was charc that helped make up for the loss of Charles and, even more importantly, proved the lynchpin to the trade that made my season:

Charc, Stanford, Benjamin, and duke Johnson for ODB and BigBen

Hard to have an MVP on a team that went 4-9....but after losing Romo and Dez in first two weeks and starting 0-7, I have to say Russell Wilson would be my OMVP and Navarro Bowman my DMVP allowing me to finish 4-2 after the horrible start.

Gotta be Brady. 6th round pick, 20 points every week, some weeks 30 points.

You cannot get any better than that.

Least Valuable has gotta be Dez. I can't believe I am playing in the semis, and I am not even on the fence with this guy. This is proof positive on how screwed up the Cowboys are right now. They need a taskmaster in there, and a GM who can get a qb who will not crap the bed when Romo breaks something again next year.

Users who are viewing this thread