What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can you really start Megatron this week? (1 Viewer)

jbird

Footballguy
I've been a Calvin owner since his rookie season and have noticed that with his injuries these past few years that Calvin usually takes off of practice on Wednesday (for Sunday games) and then generally practices for the rest of the week. I have also noticed that when he is obviously injured and plays that he is a decoy, as was the case last week being listed as questionable.

This week he didn't practice on Thursday (for a Monday game), was limited on Friday and didn't practice today. This does not give me confidence.

In 2013 he was playing with a partially torn PCL and he under-performed in weeks 14-16 with games of 3-52 and 3-43 (championship week) with a 6-98 game in between and then he didn't play week 17 and skipped the Pro Bowl.

I see a lot of experts ranking Megatron as a top 5 WR against a porous Saints D but I'm not buying it. Sure, if you have limited options then you got to play Calvin but I think you have to have realistic expectations with his injury situation. Thankfully I have other options and will be playing for a berth to the championship game with Megatron on my bench.

What are you doing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm waiting to hear how he looks in warmups, then I'm inserting Golden Tate if it looks bad. Hard to bench him in this matchup if he looks spry, though.

Unless he's inactive, Megatron is a must start. After last week, the Lions will look his way against New Orleans...especially in the red zone.

High ceiling for Calvin on MNF, could be a lot of comebacks for owners in their Final Four.

Well, I just read about him sitting on Saturday and I'm really in a bind. I already left Evans on my bench. I could roll out John Brown. Compounding matters, I was set to start stafford but now must consider Carr. This is the kind of day-of-game decision that kills you when you change your lineup last minute.

Who would be the better fall back in case he sits; Ebron or Lance Moore? I'm a little more concerned about a high ceiling than low floor.

I can totally picture some of you guys railroading a line of meth and jumping on this thread to type something haha....dude will play tomorrow and probably have a good game. Nothing to see here.

Not sure if serious.
Yes, seriously. Upon further review I will be sitting Calvin in favor of Allen Robinson, Michael Floyd, and John Brown. I refuse to risk a 3-43 stat line with a chance to play for a championship on the line. Good luck to those rolling with Megatron on Monday. I really do hope he blows up on my bench but I'm not expecting it.

I now may have to start Kelce over Watson so I can start Watson instead of Calvin if a late scratch. Could also bench Lamar Miller and start Hurns and then have Hightower as emergency starter. Too many decisions.

Or I could just start Hurns now and bench Calvin.

Last edited by a moderator:
You would have to be loaded to bench him
It's him or Allen Robinson for me. Already starting Decker/Julio. I'm torn here.
A Robinson is a no-brainer start over Megatron.
Not sure how it's a no brainer. Calvin is ranked higher in most rankings this week.
It would be a no-brainer for me, even after A-Rob's 1 catch for 4 yards last week. We don't know about Calvin's health and won't hear how today's practice went until well after the kickoff of ARob's game.

I hedged. Played West and Denard Robinson over hightower, and then will flex either Hightower or Calvin based on where my score is and what they are saying about Calvin pregame. Good luck to those deciding. He's almost impossible to bench, but have to agree that his practice and usage has been maddening. Only one game over 100 yds all year, and only 5 targets last week despite Stafford throwing almost 50 times. I think this is more to do with when DT plays a strong defensive front. Stafford just has no time against these type of teams, and DT seems to prefer Tate/Riddick on the short routes

Users who are viewing this thread