What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Lions @ Saints MNF Thread***** (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
Not motivated at work on the east coast and this game has a lot of fantasy stars.

Do we expect Slay to follow around Cooks? Lions homers?

Saints homers - What WR do you think benefits in this game, Seems like last week everyone but Cooks got some.

Does anyone anticipate Spiller getting more work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we expect Slay to follow around Cooks? Lions homers?
Can't remember if it was you or someone else this weekend who posted this, and I questioned the source. Nothing local (Freep, MLIve, twitter, blogs) about this. The source was a FF writer.

Slay is the left CB. He shuts that side down. 3 completions for 15 yards the last 3 games, GB targeted him like once in two games.

That said, Atlanta never flips their CBs either, but yesterday they had Desmond Trufant shadow ARob. So it could happen. I'm just saying there's no indication that it will.

I might have mentioned it in another thread, I heard it on one of the podcast's I listened to this week, can't remember if it was here, CBS or ESPN.

I have Cooks and a 3.5 lead - My opponent has Hightower in a PPR league.

I'm not looking good the way Brees spreads it around and Hightower getting fed the ball.

trying to find out as much as I can about Cooks matchup with Det LB's/Secondary as I could play Riddick/Snead/Spiller.

It's a long way till game time

I might have mentioned it in another thread, I heard it on one of the podcast's I listened to this week, can't remember if it was here, CBS or ESPN.

I'm not looking good the way Brees spreads it around and Hightower getting fed the ball.

trying to find out as much as I can about Cooks matchup with Det LB's/Secondary as I could play Riddick/Snead/Spiller.

Lions have 2nd year CB Lawson starting since old man Mathis went down. Diggs ® is the 3rd CB/slot corner. They've played decent, but a couple factors: the Lions D rarely plays as well on the road, and they REALLY showed a lack of heart in St Louis. Would not be surprised if they got behind early and it snowballed. I don't think these guys really want to play for Caldwell next year. If they get behind it becomes a Riddick game, could see 8-10 catches (as you know, he'll do nothing running the ball regardless.) Logically you would think they would throw to AA more to evaluate their rookie, but this franchise rarely implores logic.

Ansah is a load at DE they get decent pressure, but their LBs are very average without DeAndre Levy. I would be confident starting Saints. As someone who has owned Spille often (including wasting a mid-round pick on him this year), I would never feel confident starting CJ. But Snead might be a good sneaky start. I always find it hard to figure out which Saints WR/TE will be the hot one.

Lions have 2nd year CB Lawson starting since old man Mathis went down. Diggs ® is the 3rd CB/slot corner. They've played decent, but a couple factors: the Lions D rarely plays as well on the road, and they REALLY showed a lack of heart in St Louis. Would not be surprised if they got behind early and it snowballed. I don't think these guys really want to play for Caldwell next year. If they get behind it becomes a Riddick game, could see 8-10 catches (as you know, he'll do nothing running the ball regardless.) Logically you would think they would throw to AA more to evaluate their rookie, but this franchise rarely implores logic.

Ansah is a load at DE they get decent pressure, but their LBs are very average without DeAndre Levy. I would be confident starting Saints. As someone who has owned Spille often (including wasting a mid-round pick on him this year), I would never feel confident starting CJ. But Snead might be a good sneaky start. I always find it hard to figure out which Saints WR/TE will be the hot one.
Awesome insight. Wondering if I should play Riddick with a 3.5 lead instead of Cooks. They have Hightower.

Do you think the run D will still come to play as long as Ziggy and Ngata are there? Is Ngata healthy?

Ngata was limited (neck) this week. Think he's 32? RFA? Man, I know these guys are professional, but you wonder if they're gonna go balls out knowing they need a deal in four months.

Questionable for the Lions are wide receiver Calvin Johnson, defensive tackle Haloti Ngata, safety Glover Quin and offensive tackle Michael Ola. They are going to be in for a long night without Ola, he's the only one who has played RT even halfway decent. Consensus is CJ & Quinn will suit. I don't know what to think about Haloti - he's a leader, has had a great career, but he is a one year rental.

ETA: I've seen guys go on the injury list late in the year a lot for the Lions. My comments are more aimed at seeing Lions players give up once they're out of the playoffs. For all I know Ngata only knows how to play one way, suits up, has a good game. Once he got healthy (halfway through the year) he has played well.

Ngata was limited (neck) this week. Think he's 32? RFA? Man, I know these guys are professional, but you wonder if they're gonna go balls out knowing they need a deal in four months.

Questionable for the Lions are wide receiver Calvin Johnson, defensive tackle Haloti Ngata, safety Glover Quin and offensive tackle Michael Ola. They are going to be in for a long night without Ola, he's the only one who has played RT even halfway decent. Consensus is CJ & Quinn will suit. I don't know what to think about Haloti - he's a leader, has had a great career, but he is a one year rental.

ETA: I've seen guys go on the injury list late in the year a lot for the Lions. My comments are more aimed at seeing Lions players give up once they're out of the playoffs. For all I know Ngata only knows how to play one way, suits up, has a good game. Once he got healthy (halfway through the year) he has played well.
Great stuff!!

Last one, until I think of something else, How does Detroit do at stopping RB's out of the backfield.

I REALLY like the Saints -3 tonight and am considering putting a reasonably large sum on them. Anybody else with thoughts on the game line?

Awesome insight. Wondering if I should play Riddick with a 3.5 lead instead of Cooks. They have Hightower.

Do you think the run D will still come to play as long as Ziggy and Ngata are there? Is Ngata healthy?
In a ppr league I think this may be the safer play. Riddick is a lock to catch 5 passes and should keep pace with Hightower. Cooks has the higher ceiling but he could easily have like a 2 catches for 19 yards game, too.

Can you tell I'm also bored at work?

Great stuff!!

Last one, until I think of something else, How does Detroit do at stopping RB's out of the backfield.
Mixed bag.

The epic beard known as DeAndre Levy is the best cover LB in the NFL per PFF. They missed him big time this year. Their LBs are not awful, but they're not good either.

(UNRELATED - awesome Instagram feed. The man knows how to live!)

Woodhead ate them up Week 1, they had issues with Starks twice. ADP, Fred Jackson and Zach Line (the one and only) all had big gainer screen plays against them. But overall they're like 16th in FFPA to RBs.

The most painful offense to watch is on prime time. Good. Everyone pay close attention to how awful Herminator Junior is at coaching. He won't utter a word either.

In a ppr league I think this may be the safer play. Riddick is a lock to catch 5 passes and should keep pace with Hightower. Cooks has the higher ceiling but he could easily have like a 2 catches for 19 yards game, too.

Can you tell I'm also bored at work?
Ha! I have Cooks in there now, but like I read above and was also thinking, maybe this is the game that Detroit FINALLY gets AA involved. I've been thinking this often though.

Do you work here? You should.

So Lions fan. Do you play Cooks or Riddick with a 3.5 lead vs Hightower.

Cooks all day. Regardless of score, Drew Brees will throw unlike lameass, loser Caldwell's team.

So many mouths to feed. Cooks, Watson, Snead, Watson, Spiller, Coleman and Colston is still around.

Not to mention they could just force feed Hightower at home.

#Lions inactives: Corey Fuller, George Winn, Corey Robinson, Gabe Ikard, DT Gabe Wright, Jermelle Cudjo and Bill Bentley, per @ttwentyman

New Orleans Saints linebacker David Hawthorne is a healthy scratch for the second straight week.

Wide receiver T.J. Graham, quarterback Garrett Grayson, cornerback Tony Carter, fullback Topen Opurum, defensive tackle Kaleb Eulls and offensive lineman Mike McGlynn are also inactive.

INACTIVES: Lions at Saints

All five starters listed as questionable on Friday's injury report are active and will start tonight vs. New Orleans.

That listed includes: receiver Calvin Johnson (ankle), tight end Eric Ebron (illness), defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (neck), right tackle Michael Ola (knee) and safety Glover Quin (ankle).

Leroy Hoard said:
For those who think the NFL is all fixed, tonight's crap game is proof that it isn't.
Not sure if serious...

Hard laydown coming, right? They looked disinterested in St Louis.

Then again, this is a bread n butter Stafford matchup. Bad team with a bad defense usually is a stat padder for Matthew.

Could go either way. Not expecting a close game regardless. Somebody's gonna cry uncle fairly quick.

I spent a little time over at blackandgold.com earlier this year. Was trying to gain some insight into their WR pecking order and/or Spiller's usage; both missions failed.

But what I did gather from hanging out there is that Saints fans (many of them, at least) are really enjoying this season.

It's like, OK, we've lost a lot of the core guys from the run, we're not going to be good.

Cool - now let's just enjoy the games. Forget the pressure of being a playoff contender.

Just enjoy the tailgating, enjoy meeting up with friends, scream your lungs out, be happy when they surprise ya, let it go when they disappoint.

I saw this theme over and over again. It was a real eye opener. Never had that experience as a Lions fan. We're too busy being miserable.

LOL at Stafford. 3 & our right back at ya. Throw the ball you idiot. Calvin is open. Of course, you wouldn't know it because on all 3 downs, you didn't even look his way.

I don't know why this clown is afraid to pull the trigger. He's like Blaine Gabbert right now.

Nice awareness by Laken Tomlinson there on the first sack - Stafford getting mauled right beside him, he's looking straight ahead for someone to block

On the second one, he was jogging slightly slower than my 88 year old neighbor trying to bail out Matthew (the whole line collapsed)

First rounder

Such a pathetic O-line, in every aspect of the game

if Stephen Tulloch (#55) gets in coverage tonight, you'll know

he'll be the guy chasing the RB from behind and losing ground

looks like Austin's crew showed up tonight, let's see what Cooter has

Starting at the 40. Good chance for a FG here. Zero chance they take a shot at the endzone on 1st or 2nd down. That would require Caldwell to be a man.

Users who are viewing this thread