What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Defensive scoring issue (1 Viewer)

Da Gildz

Footballguy
So you get 0 Pts for a Blocked FG or Punt. You only get the Pts if the Defense returns it for a td. Seems strange to not reward Pts for just the blocks. When you reward 2 Pts for fumble recovery you should at least award Pts for a blocked FG. In many circumstances, it's alot more meaningful of a play vs a player just falling on a loose ball. The D is at least taking Pts off the board with a blocked FG.

I would suggest 3 Pts for both FG/Punt blocks. And if they return it to boot, then add on another 6. Just like you would for a sack/fumble return. You get all of the sack/fumble/td Pts.

I was floored when I checked to see Cinci D and nothing rewarded for their block. Just my $.02

Can the FFPC explore this in the offseason?

Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
So you get 0 Pts for a Blocked FG or Punt. You only get the Pts if the Defense returns it for a td. Seems strange to not reward Pts for just the blocks. When you reward 2 Pts for fumble recovery you should at least award Pts for a blocked FG. In many circumstances, it's alot more meaningful of a play vs a player just falling on a loose ball. The D is at least taking Pts off the board with a blocked FG.

I would suggest 3 Pts for both FG/Punt blocks. And if they return it to boot, then add on another 6. Just like you would for a sack/fumble return. You get all of the sack/fumble/td Pts.

I was floored when I checked to see Cinci D and nothing rewarded for their block. Just my $.02

Can the FFPC explore this in the offseason?

Thx
As I'm thinking about it, in the 18 or so years I've been playing in FF, I don't think I have ever played in a league that awarded points for blocked FGs or punts. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you only played in the FFPC? Lol. It's scored on all the major platforms. ESPN/Yahoo/CBS and in my RT leagues as well. Perhaps not the blocked punt but the blocked FG is pretty standard across all the major fantasy platforms.

Have you only played in the FFPC? Lol. It's scored on all the major platforms. ESPN/Yahoo/CBS and in my RT leagues as well. Perhaps not the blocked punt but the blocked FG is pretty standard across all the major fantasy platforms.
I don't play in FFPC at all.

Ok. That's fair. And maybe it is a high stakes-only thing. But it's pretty common elsewhere. What is the reasoning behind not using it tho? Seems like a reasonable request. It's an official stat, not like I'm requesting something wacky here.

Ok. That's fair. And maybe it is a high stakes-only thing. But it's pretty common elsewhere. What is the reasoning behind not using it tho? Seems like a reasonable request. It's an official stat, not like I'm requesting something wacky here.
I have no idea if it's an official stat or not. What even constitutes a block FG/punt? What if the defender gets a finger on it, changes the direction of the ball which causes a miss. Is that a block? What if the same thing happens and the FG still goes thru? I'm sure I'll have other questions if I really start thinking about this more.

Users who are viewing this thread