What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FantasyScore, week 16 championship (1 Viewer)

Coolerheads

Footballguy
Hey folks. I know this isn't the most popular DFS site, but this is their big game of the year, so I'm asking for some insight.

In case you aren't familiar with it, there were 105 tickets to the championship won over the first 15 weeks (I have one of them,) and we're playing for a $10,000 grand prize, with $125 down to 20th place.

My question is, with such a small amount of players, should I be looking at this as a GPP or a cash game, or something in between?

FantasyScore shows ownership percentage across the board, so that is very helpful in planning your team.

I made up my idea roster, and have two very highly owned players, a couple more around 20%, four more between 9-17%, and one at 3%. That seems like a good balance, and I'm sure it will get tweaked again before the games start, but for now, I like it. Just not sure if it is diverse enough, although with only 104 other teams, I highly doubt anyone will have an identical lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the payout structure is top heavy, I would look at it as a GPP with about 1,000 people playing. That means you don't have to get too exotic for uniqueness, but you likely do want to do this:

Stack your QB to another pass catcher on the team

Avoid negative variance plays. ie If you think a WR will have a great game, you should not be playing the defense against that WR.

You should likely have at least one player below 10% owned.

Users who are viewing this thread