Tick

Dynasty rankings for the offseason?

84 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Hmm.  He's averaged 48.5 solos, 14 assisted, 9 sacks, 6 passes defended (likely batted down), and 4.5 fumble/recoveries the last two years - and for whatever it's worth MFL is projecting (via fantasy sharks) a slight bump in solos and an even 10 sacks.  That's typically good enough for top 5 production in a typical scoring IDP league.  It was slightly better than what Oliver Vernon did last year, who was #5 in my league.

Those are lining up at LB though, with different duties.  He'll be asked to set the edge a lot more now rather than attack and wrap.  Reasonable to expect those to drop. 

Just now, Hankmoody said:

Those are lining up at LB though, with different duties.  He'll be asked to set the edge a lot more now rather than attack and wrap.  Reasonable to expect those to drop. 

Thanks for all the info.  Let me get the timeline right, though - I don't watch much Chargers football.  For the past two years he's been playing OLB in a 3-4.  They are shifting to a 4-3, where he'll be a DE (opposite Bosa)?

40 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Hmm.  He's averaged 48.5 solos, 14 assisted, 9 sacks, 6 passes defended (likely batted down), and 4.5 fumble/recoveries the last two years - and for whatever it's worth MFL is projecting (via fantasy sharks) a slight bump in solos and an even 10 sacks.  That's typically good enough for top 5 production in a typical scoring IDP league.  It was slightly better than what Oliver Vernon did last year, who was #5 in my league.

With our big play league (8:1 sack to tackle) and Ingram "only" having 8 sacks last year he really went down the list.  We also give a bump to DT (2pts per tackle & 10 pts per sack vs 1 pt/8pts for all other positions) so that skewed the overall DL rankings probably more than most scoring systems. 

For just DE he would have been #9 overall based on last years totals.  So I guess in most scoring systems I can agree he will be a top 10 DE this year.  My scoring system devalues him a little bit but will still have more value than he would have had as a LB.(top 30 LB based on last year's stats in my scoring).   

1 hour ago, matttyl said:

Thanks for all the info.  Let me get the timeline right, though - I don't watch much Chargers football.  For the past two years he's been playing OLB in a 3-4.  They are shifting to a 4-3, where he'll be a DE (opposite Bosa)?

Yes, and was very good in coverage too so collected quite a few tackles and passes defended in the process.  That could actually work for him, if he's able to sniff out screens and shovel passes, but overall he'll be taking on more blocks and setting the edge (keeping the tackle in front of him and preventing the run from getting outside, funneling the RB upfield to a waiting LB like Perryman or Brown). 

1 person likes this