What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Season Long Tally (1 Viewer)

(HULK)

(Smash)
I'm curious how everyone did, and if they fared better on some sites than others. Might help us determine which sites are more lucrative for next year. I may play a little more this weekend, but I'm pretty sure I'll be pulling out the majority of my winnings shortly.

For me, this is where I'm at today:

Yahoo: +$4,100 (mostly double ups and 50/50s, with a few GPPs sprinkled in, about 85/15 split)

StarsDraft: +$3,047 (literally have been playing every available game since they dropped down to 4 states)

FanDuel: -$1,000 (mostly GPPs & the FBG 50/50. Took a lot of low % shots and they missed)

Season Long Leagues: +$412 (5 leagues, one 1st, 3 2nds, one 4th. Could've been a lot more money)

Total: +$6,559

Definitely my best year yet. I heard about StarsDraft on this forum, and never would've found them otherwise, so thanks for that.

As for lineup building, I used the FBG tool to sort by H-Value to build the core of my lineups, then used players I liked that weekend to fill in the rest.

Nice season, Hulk.

I'm plus for the season on FD, which is where 90+% of my action was. I threw some cash into DK to get a free contest entry, very little. I've "tried" to lose it since by being hyper-aggressive (for me) but ended up sextupling it over 3 weeks. The beginner contests seemed very soft. Wish I had been playing with real cash there.

I tinkered w/ Yahoo but lacked the time to really get a handle on their scoring format/salary structures and stopped.

Overall I managed to almost quadruple my FD bankroll, but I measure all of that in hundreds, not thousands, of dollars. Weeks 13 and 15 saw me give a pretty good chunk back, which was odd since those weeks were chalkier than most.

Started mid year...irritated the season is basically over since ive made all my profit in the last 4 weeks.

Invested $50 each on draftkings and fanduel. Crapped out on DK but just under $500 balance on fanduel.

100% GPPs in $1, 2 and 5 contests although I'll probably throw it all away on $25 entries this weekend now that I have my system worked out.

Target QBs and stack variations, target RBs, and workup roster vatiations by feel, trying to diversify TE, PK and DEF choices.

Very non traditional "ill advised" approach but I like it. I dont see myself ever participating in double ups, 50/50s etc as i like the challenge of trying to make a little profit where others fear to tread. Classic hobbyist perspective.

Oh, in terms of return:

Yahoo: 205%

StarsDraft: 1,219% <--- There were two weeks where I finished first in ALL of their GPPs. Kinda helped, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, in terms of return:

Yahoo: 205%

StarsDraft: 1,219% <--- There were two weeks where I finished first in ALL of their GPPs. Kinda helped, lol.
Youve killed it hulk. How many entries per week per site are we talking?
I initially deposited $2K @ Yahoo (got me $4K in bonus, which I'm not even 25% though). Probably averaged around $800ish a week there.

StarsDraft has shrunk literally every week, there are just less and less available games. This past week I put in just over $100. My biggest week probably had $250 in play. I have had no losing weeks there, it has just been incredible. Funny thing, this past week I finished 1st in all 3 of their GPPs (there used to be 4), and it only netted me $363. Lol. I did it earlier in the year and pulled down a little over a grand for the feat. The shrinking size has cut down on their overlays, but I still outclass the competition there so I'm still winning.

I made only one deposit and it was on fanduel. First year trying dfs so just put money that would have gone to season leagues in..$150. I have manages to double up plus some despite my efforts I was keeping a nece weekly tally, but week after week of loses made me give up that, then won $250 in a gpp. My guess is i only had 5-6 positive weeks. It was an education. My goal of having my deposit last the season was met. Gonna raise the bar for next year. For week 17 I am going for broke and putting it all in play. No whammy!

Whats the deal on "beginner" contests at DraftKings?

I've never created an account there.
I'm not sure what the cut-off is, but I think it's based on wins on DK. One week I trained a $3 10x with 3 entries that I slapped in doubles and won. I was <2 points from hitting my 5 car train in a $1 20x too. And that was with someone (can't immediately recall) posting a 1.7(ish) in my flex.

I sextupled in those 3 weeks despite losing ~50% one week when I thought Cutler was a good idea. Thankfully that was the 1st week I did it instead of the last.

Beginners really seemed soft. I shut down my play in the hopes that I can still qualify for "beginners" next fall when I will actually spend a little time on it.

Whats the deal on "beginner" contests at DraftKings?

I've never created an account there.
I'm not sure what the cut-off is, but I think it's based on wins on DK. One week I trained a $3 10x with 3 entries that I slapped in doubles and won. I was <2 points from hitting my 5 car train in a $1 20x too. And that was with someone (can't immediately recall) posting a 1.7(ish) in my flex.

I sextupled in those 3 weeks despite losing ~50% one week when I thought Cutler was a good idea. Thankfully that was the 1st week I did it instead of the last.

Beginners really seemed soft. I shut down my play in the hopes that I can still qualify for "beginners" next fall when I will actually spend a little time on it.
I believe you are limited to 50 contests in beginner. That's when I got booted. I doubled my initial $100 deposit and I agree that beginner was soft. Wish I had been more aggressive. Illinois is now moving legislation to outlaw DFS so I went ahead of the curve and cashed out this week. I'll take the 100% ROI anyday! :D

Stars - Only got to play for 3 weeks before they contracted to 4 states. Took my initial deposit of $200 just north of $600. Tons of overlay and the games seemed soft. Even then it was hard to get north of $200 in on a given week.

Draftpot - Rolled the Stars money into this site. Despite lots of overlay I turned $650 into $200 in about 3 weeks. Managed to grind it back up to $42.30 profit over the last month. Roughly $3100 in entry fees. They've been cutting contests and prize pools over the last several weeks to address overlay. Last week they did a single entry only week. The player pricing is extremely soft so you get high ownerships. They also have "fan mode" contests where you can pick any player regardless of salary. I've done better on fan mode than salary cap for the most part meaning that FBG projections have been better on the studs and poor on the sleepers the weeks I played. My best week came when they had Shanye Graham hidden at the bottom of the pricing at $0 when most kickers were going for $7 to $11 (studs go around $20). This site lists every player who's played in the last couple of years and pricing is set based on some type of algorithm based on what they scored over the last few weeks. You get big discounts on guys coming back after missing time.

Fanduel - Up $102 for the year on $1500 in entries. Scored big on college football early and then pissed it back. NFL has been kind to me the last three weeks. Playing 80% small entry fee gpps and the rest 50/50s. Pretty much been bouncing fences all year. Chasing overlay has probably been my biggest downfall on FD. Play some suboptimal lineups because i saw overly.

MFL10 did a bunch last year with good success but this year just didn't have the time so only put in 20 bucks and ended with one 2nd place so down 10 bucks

FantasyScore just took the 5 bucks they gave footballguys never deposited money. Was up to 50 but ended cashing out 28 bucks when they stopped letting people from Michigan play. Didn't really like this site, too few contest options.

DK: Starting bank was 100 bucks currently at close to 500. Good success at everything but GPP which my ROI is -5%.

Overall I play small stakes but I had fun and made a little money so I call it a successful year.

My bankroll is pennies compared to most of you. Deposited $200 week one, was down to about $125 sometime in October but am heading into Week 17 with just over $300. This was all made in cash games. The most I ever won in a GPP was around $10.

My bankroll is pennies compared to most of you. Deposited $200 week one, was down to about $125 sometime in October but am heading into Week 17 with just over $300. This was all made in cash games. The most I ever won in a GPP was around $10.
I assume you enjoyed playing. If true, you earned a little cash for having fun. Hard to beat that IMO.

I played mainly at FanDuel and FantasyDraft. (I played at every site I do the IVCs for, but often just trivial amounts at most sites -- sometimes just freerolls.) I used RotoTracker.com to track my results at FanDuel.

According to RotoTracker, my ROI at FanDuel in 2015 was 26.72%. (That's not a yearly figure, but a per-contest figure. Theoretically, if I had bet 100% of my bankroll each week, I would have increased it by about 56x over 17 weeks at 26.72% per week. Unfortunately, I did not bet 100% of my bankroll each week.)

I think my ROI at FantasyDraft was roughly similar, but RotoTracker doesn't cover FantasyDraft.

I played mainly at FanDuel and FantasyDraft. (I played at every site I do the IVCs for, but often just trivial amounts at most sites -- sometimes just freerolls.) I used RotoTracker.com to track my results at FanDuel.

According to RotoTracker, my ROI at FanDuel in 2015 was 26.72%. (That's not a yearly figure, but a per-contest figure. Theoretically, if I had bet 100% of my bankroll each week, I would have increased it by about 56x over 17 weeks at 26.72% per week. Unfortunately, I did not bet 100% of my bankroll each week.)

I think my ROI at FantasyDraft was roughly similar, but RotoTracker doesn't cover FantasyDraft.
Nice work MT.

I have resisted your approach to NFL of generating many LUs with wide variance. I think that was a mistake on my part. My method of targeting one core LU a week with minor variations has not worked well with NFL this year. When the core hits you win a lot of money but with only 17 weeks it is very risky. It works great for NBA and MLB where you get a shot everyday for months on end. But this NFL season I never had my core hit and other than one huge win I was bleeding money. Live and learn, I guess I will work on the spreadsheet again before next season.

I did it ### backwards. I started playing DFS in mid October.

I deposited ~$1700 on FD and presently have about $800 in that account.

I deposited $250 in Yahoo and have close to $6k there. No huge scores. Mostly just grinding $100 or lower NHL and NFL games although I don't play a lot of LUs so if I get it right, I win most games.

I only played fanduel and finished +1600 on the year after a slow start. Was fun getting a check at the end of the year.

Just talking NFL, finished down ~$50 on FD. DK, I had $6 left over from baseball and entered two $3 gpp's wk 1 just to empty the account and one of them hit for $2k. Left $50 in and lost it. Aside from wk 1, NFL was a struggle this season.

Apple Jack said:
Just talking NFL, finished down ~$50 on FD. DK, I had $6 left over from baseball and entered two $3 gpp's wk 1 just to empty the account and one of them hit for $2k. Left $50 in and lost it. Aside from wk 1, NFL was a struggle this season.
You can just send me that $2k. I hate that you failed in trying to 0 out your DK account so I want to help relieve you of that feeling of failure.

Apple Jack said:
You can just send me that $2k. I hate that you failed in trying to 0 out your DK account so I want to help relieve you of that feeling of failure.
I appreciate that, but it's all gone good buddy. It's comical how many times I've been down to zero with entries in play, only to end up winning.

Users who are viewing this thread