What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans 2018 (1 Viewer)

Bri

Footballguy
Figure might as well get this started.

I don't plan to post anywhere near as often so I hope others will contribute

Last edited by a moderator:
Free agents-

Sam Hill and Al Woods- each are good DTs for 4-3. Neither played 3-4 NT well and at least one has been hurt ever since 3-4 switch. 4.6 and 2.6 mil.

The reason they drafted Blackson, but he played more end because he was more spry than expected.

Casey play NT in absence of those two and that completely took away his big play ability and made him quite block-able.

Big hole for 2016. Need 2 players for 3-4, 3 or 4 for 4-3

Mike Martin-meh

Dorin Dickerson- Don't think he played

Craig Stevens- age issue, no other issues. Hope he stays, depth at TE and new coach could be a problem where he gets pushed out...hope not

Brandon Harris- former reasonably high CB pick for the Texans looked good late 2015, hurt amidst surprisingly good camp. Makes plays on ball which few Titans CBs do

Coty Sensabaugh- Got worse as the season wore on at playing CB, truly a S. Played real bad, got picked on. It'll be if Lebeau thinks his mistakes are correctable.

Joe Looney - Always subbed in, never produced any better. Annoyed me because if he went in, some rook didn't get experience and...again, his play wasn't that good

Bell- Watt had just one sack and he was out at that point. They can't run right and he had bad games but is useful that he's huge and can play G too. Probably re-signed for depth if willing to take paycut.

Zach Brown- former 2nd round pick. Excellent rookie, frustrated since which in turn frustrated coaches and teammates. Very fast and over-runs many plays. Sometimes he doesn't have any brakes and runs right into blocker, never mind shedding him. Angry tweets got him benched, did little when got a chance. I'd be surprised if he's re-signed. For a young guy, everything is coachable and fixable and should have bright future but he didn't adjust despite Lebeau and Horton. If he's gonna do well elsewhere he's gotta fix his mindset and become coachable.

Damaris Johnson- Titans like him. Has only practiced couple weeks. Likely camp WR and someone McBride has to beat out in 2016. Cheap, no reason not to re-sign

Antonio Andrews- ERFA so he won't go anywhere.

RB thoughts-

Andrews played RB, FB, 3rd down back, slot, KR, PR, ST ace, and lined out wide. He was emergency QB in camp and backup LS.

Practice squad Fluellen can play RB and FB spot and did well in camp and preseason each year as such.

Sankey has played RB, 3rd down back, KR, and knows WR spots to fill in.

Cobb only 1st and 2nd down RB

Today- Cobb is clearly the least useful.

Expected to draft or sign a feature back (or two) Cobb is gone if he doesn't devote the offseason to improving any of other positions/roles. Teams don't keep a one trick pony for a backup but swiss army knives

Possible $ cuts-

Salary cap is almost not a concern. Gotta give kudos to Webster there.

Wright and McCourty are due 6-7 mil

Plenty of cap space but highly debatable if they are worthy of that $

Surprisingly more chatter Wright won't be back than McCourty. Writers I've asked seem to think Wright gets renegotiated for long term deal and gets his 7 mil as bonus or somesuch so he doesn't feel slighted. No writer thinks he won't be back, all expect him in 2016.

McCourty is an uber-talented CB that is everything you want on draft day including pedigree, but regardless of coach he has never become a stud CB and instead gets picked on. BB expressed an interest (there's always this join the brothers up talk) but I doubt he'd trade for that contract and I think it was before the new deal that he wanted him.

Michael Griffin recently got called out for playing possibly his best game ever in week 16. He is older and due 8 mil. Cutting either he or McCourty forces 1.8 mil dead cap. They have depth at SS but not really anyone worth replacing him with so they'd have to add a player to replace him. Chances are he accepts pay cut and retires a Titan.

Money/cap shouldn't be an issue with anyone else. The team is quite sound in this regard

Total free cap space 19 mil, before 2016 increase and without any moves or new rookies signed

Week two or three? There was one week where Mariota did some classic college trickery (oh so curiously never again) and I loved it.

Kendall Wright's Baylor coach had spent some time with Whis and Michael to discuss the spread in the NFL and that intrigued me.

Every time Stoops is supposedly leaving Oklahoma, I'm intrigued.

Running QBs are never the same 5-7 years down the road, but their first years they're special. Mariota has a gift, I'd like to see it utilized. He looks slow (like Curtis Martin) but somehow is moving fast, his fakes are so smooth, some of his snap N throws are insanely accurate for being done that fast.

Wright isn't the best traditional WR, as he's shown lately, but when he is running these short quick routes he's fantastic.

DGB will still be a beast

Walker can roll with anything

Their terrible Oline is actually quite athletic and oh so young. They could move if coached to.

I could not care less what college coach it is-some fame, a "name" and I'm OK with it. I would really like a college coach though.

I'm afraid they're not built at all to succeed in a typical pro offense. Pieces/parts of a pro offense are fine but I want that college flair.

I have zero worry with Lebeau. I want him catered to, reasonably, and let him do his thing.

I recently read where their ST was complimented and...ya know I can only think of a return or two that was impressive against them. They already have one of the better Punters in football and a fine kicker.

They only need an offensive coach. Without Martz or Vermeil, I don't see any "high flying" NFL candidates so...I say go with a college one. Again, a name, don't care which

The sale of the team (IF) could dramatically affect things with coach, GM, team president.

Webster's contract is about to expire as is interim pres and Mularkey's.

It's favorable that a new owner doesn't have to fire everyone and can instill "his people" relatively easily.

In the NFL though, Black Monday happens and not all that long after, coaches are signed to new teams. A considerable delay so that they can sell the team and get those ducks in a row, could be really costly and leave far less candidates available for the new guy to hire.

Some rumors already have Ron Wolf's son becoming the Browns GM next week.

If it's going to be Peyton's group then I have little doubt he'll be in touch with Gase to sit tight but without some friendly connection like that, it could look bleak fast.

Here's a link to draftscout @ CBS' rankings of Centers

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/C

The guys just outside the drafted group, I was impressed with them all especially the Sooners guy.

I don't watch anywhere near enough college football but the A&M guy is often down field which I always love seeing in a Center. He absolutely nails his guy and goes hunting for someone else to hit

Regardless, as you can see the Titans can easily select a top C just about anywhere in the draft so it can be a pressing need and yet not a big struggle to fill.

Bri what do you think they will go after in the draft? OL to protect Mariota?

I'd try to trade the top pick if they get it for more picks.

Bri what do you think they will go after in the draft? OL to protect Mariota?

I'd try to trade the top pick if they get it for more picks.
It is soooo early.

Free agency still has to happen as does a new coach coming on.

Today there is no one at the top that suits them or their needs but a wealth of guys from like pick 5 on. It's tough to imagine a good trade today with every team knowing they want to trade down.

A new coach will bring cuts and maybe a switch back to 4-3. FWIW their best D the last two years has been a 5-2 set not 3-4 or 4-3.

That'll change their needs if so. I think they are very well set to go to 4-3.

Second thing will be tape review and is the secondary top 5 like they were the first 8 games or horrible like they were the second 8? I think it's gonna be the latter so today I think CB Ramsey is the least reach.

If 4-3 and Morgan goes back to end then Jaylon Smith is top OLB at about pick 5 like Ramsey. He's kinda small at 233lbs.

Normally this would absolutely be an O or D lineman but there is this need for a sexy pick to appeal to the casual fans they've lost. WRs won't go til mid to late round 1 so they can get one and some mocks only have RB Elliot in round one so they can easily go RB in round two also.

I think savvy fans will want trenches, casual fans want "names" and...they'll go with a name.

I do not think the GM matters unless the team is sold. I seriously think whomever is there gets told "get me a star" from Strunk and that's that. I'll be more fearful of a guy like Heyward Bey going so early.

Traditionally the safest top pick is a DL and then OT, IIRC. I'm totally fine with Lewan. They have almost no DTs or NTs under contract for 2016. If Strunk insists on a star, then they'll have to get DL in free agency. They don't need 3rd 4th round DL to rely upon. Those guys should be depth.

With only one RB in round one, I think it's almost a lock they get a RB in round two. This, however, is one of the positions I expect to change most by draft day. This is not worse than the William Green and TJ Duckett draft and even they went round one. The counter to this is how fluid the RB position is today and how so many rookie starters in 2014 were not in 2015. Maybe they do have less value?

I see the two at Oklahoma (no clue if either go to NFL) and Derrick Henry and...those guys can really play ball. There's no way every GM skips RBs and only lets Elliot go in round one. A sweet senior bowl, a nice 40, an impressive film room interview...something somewhere will change this.

Today though, yep I'd pencil them in for 2nd best RB in round two.

Here's one mock

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2603844-nfl-draft-2016-1st-round-mock-draft-predictions

If they go 4-3 then they have Morgan opposite Casey with ?s at DT.

(Morgan lines up at LOS or a step behind very often even if he is OLB now and has improved coverage. He's a natural and blessed DE)

Bosa seems like a 4-3 DE to me. They're way too talented at 4-3 DE with 1000 other needs, to pick yet another. Would he even play much with Morgan and Casey there?

This to me is like them taking Goff even though they have Mett n Mariota. What's the point

Bosa will be tested and they'll figure out if he can be a 3-4 DE and if so, well then I'll have to rethink this

Cutting Griffin will save 6.5 against the cap (yes it leaves 1.8 dead cap, but saves his bloated base salary). Don't think he's worth 8.3m. Reneg and add a few years at a lower salary, possibly.

Wright, meh. Does it really matter?

I think I want Webster gone and Mularkey gone. Give the HC job to LeBeau? Did he do enough to stay? Who to bring in as OC?

Get Gase or Reich? Not sure I'd want a first time HC with as many issues as apparently exists on this team.

I always thought Hue got a bum deal on the Raiders. Might be interesting to see him on the Titans. Would LeBeau stay under him?

I still can't believe that Munchak got 7-9 (IIRC) out of the team, and got a pink slip for his troubles...

Who will be the new owner, and will Peyton have a minority share?

Here's one mock

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2603844-nfl-draft-2016-1st-round-mock-draft-predictions

If they go 4-3 then they have Morgan opposite Casey with ?s at DT.

(Morgan lines up at LOS or a step behind very often even if he is OLB now and has improved coverage. He's a natural and blessed DE)

Bosa seems like a 4-3 DE to me. They're way too talented at 4-3 DE with 1000 other needs, to pick yet another. Would he even play much with Morgan and Casey there?

This to me is like them taking Goff even though they have Mett n Mariota. What's the point

Bosa will be tested and they'll figure out if he can be a 3-4 DE and if so, well then I'll have to rethink this
Bosa should be a 4-3 DE, which would probably push casey back to DT. I like that idea if bosa is good enough to warrant the selection.

(on if he will talk to Steve Underwood and Amy Adams Strunk about his status on Monday)

I really don’t know, to be honest, what the format is. I’m going to come in, the staff knows we are all going to come in here on Monday and I will remain the head coach until I’m told otherwise. We’ve got a plan for the week, really, for the beginning part of the week, and then the coaches are going to take some time off and we’re going to move forward that way.

(on how this head coaching stint has compared to his others)

It’s been a little different. Obviously, you’re prepared for the other ones. You’ve kind of gotten a whole offseason to get yourself ready and this was right in the middle of the week, of a game week. Again, you’re dealing with things that are in place already, whether they’re right or wrong, if you philosophically believe them or not, you have to deal with what you have and move forward. I knew that when I accepted it.

(on not saying ‘woe is me’ in regards to his future)

You can’t do that, that’s not good for anybody, not good for myself and certainly not good for our team to see that. That’s not my attitude anyhow.

(on trying not to think about his future this weekend)

I’ll have plenty of time come Monday, yeah. I know something is going to happen and we’ll find out more about it then.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Coach-Mularkeys-Friday-Practice-Transcript/cbd7a89d-244b-4701-8f5e-59ff944a6425

Bleeding finished 2015 with four straight healthy scratches.

Guess he'll be on a new team next year

Mett was not given great circumstances at all, always put in bad spots but ...he did not have a good year. New coach could replace him

Only two games in 2015 where it seemed they had a bellcow RB, one for Andrews one for Cobb.

Surely would know more of what they're capable of if they allowed more 18+ carry games

Four 1st n 2nd year backs and still tons of questions about em' with a lean toward 'can't get it done'

Titans have made Steve Underwood the team president (removed the interim tag) and have to fill the open positions at GM and HC.

Titans brought back Deon Long to PS a week ago.

Almost every news grabber type UDFA from camp has been re-signed since Whis cut them

New owners

New GM - check

New set of coaches - check, sort of
Two out of three just isn't good enough. Get the sale done, people, and get rid of Mularkey

Titans brought back Deon Long to PS a week ago.

Almost every news grabber type UDFA from camp has been re-signed since Whis cut them
Jim Thomas reports the Rams signed Deon Long yesterday.

I wonder if Webster didn't chat with Fisher about different players after he got fired(wasn't renewed).

All the PS guys are eligible for the active roster, got til March to give them a new contract etc. How on earth would Fish even know that a guy signed Dec 24 was available? No one would assume that.

He's a development project and not a big loss or anything but...something kinda stinks there.

Cary Williams who was on Titans years ago, then Seahawks, and was at their facility weeks back...he signed with the Redskins for (about) the playoffs for 870k.

Word was he wanted too much when he showed up. Kinda stinks that the following team gets him to lower his asking price. Would have been solid veteran depth.

Cary Williams who was on Titans years ago, then Seahawks, and was at their facility weeks back...he signed with the Redskins for (about) the playoffs for 870k.

Word was he wanted too much when he showed up. Kinda stinks that the following team gets him to lower his asking price. Would have been solid veteran depth.
I'd take less to play on a playoff team too.

I'd take less to play on a playoff team too.
Besides, it's only for the playoffs - so he'll be free again come March, to sign with whomever

My guess would be Polian's son becomes GM, already have another Polian in front office

And then there's the honest and sincere Lewan

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Taylor Lewan played through a shoulder injury in 2015, and he didn’t miss a game until the season finale, when he was sidelined with a concussion.

As Lewan looked back on his second NFL season, he saw plenty of positives. But the Titans left tackle made it clear he was far from satisfied with his performance.

“There’s times I didn’t do my job, and I am not going to shy away from that,’’ Lewan said.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Taylor-Lewan-Wants-to-Play-More-Consistent-Next-Year/c613eec2-c7dc-4cfa-9c39-4d735bc8b4a4

So sick of hearing Lewan on the radio in Nashville. Good luck with that guy living up to his draft status.

Don't see any Lebeau articles lately. That's concerning. Should be don't let him leave, maybe some head coach rumors...nothing is odd.

Bucs are expected to cut Alterraun Verner. An excellent man CB but never good at zone, they must regret that move. He got benched week 5.

2013 top five CB, 2014 bottom five including nickels.

I'd really like to see him get a small or reasonable offer.

Delanie said Titans need to add veteran linemen, not another rookie- yes, exactly. Although he has caught a zillion passes the last couple years, I wonder if there isn't more he was capable of but had to help out somehow with the poor RT play. A little bump here before he runs his route, a play there where he stayed in. It'd really be something if he hadn't reached his ceiling yet

How are folks feeling about McDaniel for HC, could he have learned from his mistakes in Denver? If they aren't for sale why is it crickets regarding HC interviews? I saw in the tennessean Shula is the favorite to take the position, not feeling that. I think Cam makes that offense run not the play calling, but I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread