What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 17 (1 Viewer)

AquaBliss

Footballguy
So here we are, the trickiest week of the season. Seems that you want to stack your lineup this week with players on teams that have early games with playoff implications. If a team has a late game but an early game can significantly change their playoff picture or knock them out, then you should fade that game (at least in cash).

Here's some initial thoughts:

- Jet's play early and can clinch a berth with a win, controlling their own destiny. Going heavy on Fitz + Marshall. Against Bills overrated D who are already eliminated.

- Steelers also play early and can get a playoff berth with a Jets loss + Steelers win. Steelers better win this game either way or fan base will call for Tomlin's head after last week. I think they play their starters until the end regardless of the current score of the Jet's game.

- Colts play early at home against TEN and can clinch AFC south with a win plus HOU loss. Who knows who IND QB will be this week but I think IND will win this game on the back of their D. I'm all over Colts D this week for $4,200 on FD.

- DEN can win AFC west and has a good matchup at home against the chargers but fading this game as Osweiller proved last night he isn't the QB we thought he was.

- KC plays late but same time as DEN and can win AFC west with KC win + DEN loss. Definitely rolling with Maclin in cash games at home against the Faiders.

Tenn and Cle are in the hunt for first draft pick. I wonder if either lays down.

Wash should rest their starters as they are stuck with 4th seed.

Jacksonville will fight hard vs Hou.

After last weeks Ravens beat down of Steelers and Rams beat down of Seahawks I'm a little :oldunsure: about Bills vs. Jets where the Bills & Rex would LOVE to knock out the Jets.

Jet's are the only team in the NFL that control their own destiny for a playoff spot. Win and In. I think you have to take Marshall this week in cash games.

Got to like the Chip Kelly free Eagles this week. They're going to be amped up and happy to play again

Gonna have to research who laid down in week 17 each of the last 3 seasons...unless one of yall will summarize while im at work...

My first stab at a $1 Gpp:

A. McCarron
Adrian Peterson
Tim Hightower
A.J. Green
Nate Washington

Julio Jones
Benjamin Watson
Graham Gano
Panthers

:popcorn:

Got to like the Chip Kelly free Eagles this week. They're going to be amped up and happy to play again
DeMarco Murray in all my GPP lineups! not.
You don't think he's going to be running extra hard? Reports are he's a big reason for the firing, went to owner about not getting the ball. He has talent against a bad defense. They're all in play(GPP only) for me. The range of possible outcomes is just too great.

DeMarco Murray in all my GPP lineups! not.
You don't think he's going to be running extra hard? Reports are he's a big reason for the firing, went to owner about not getting the ball. He has talent against a bad defense. They're all in play(GPP only) for me. The range of possible outcomes is just too great.
Well I guess I was half sarcastic. I don't see them changing the game plan significantly enough with this final 'meaningless' game of the season for DM to get more than 50yds + TD if that. Interim coach will still run a lot of Matthews + Sproles I'm sure.

Don't get me wrong, I think DM is extremely talented - I remember 5-6 weeks ago I saw some old cowboys highlights on NFL network and you could tell the offensive formation was different and tailored to his running style. It seems like all Chip had to do is experiment with some different formations and OL blocking schemes and DM would have been a completely different RB this season. I do feel bad for DM, every time they pull him after 1 carry they love to show his face on the sidelines looking bewildered.

I guess Fanduel won't be adding Josh Freeman to this weeks slate? Would have been interesting GPP stack with TY.

Either way I agree with Tennessee_ATO and think that IND defense is a great value this week.

I guess Fanduel won't be adding Josh Freeman to this weeks slate? Would have been interesting GPP stack with TY.

Either way I agree with Tennessee_ATO and think that IND defense is a great value this week.
The Titans literally need to fire everyone in the chain of command, all the way up to the current owner. It's so bad that the state is exporting dysfunction to other teams (Haslam to the Browns). Word I'm hearing is that "brain trust" is "excited" about the prospect of Chip Kelly, but only if he'll agree to leave the inept personnel decision-making to the current administration. You can't make this stuff up.

If Kendall Wright is out, the only player > replacement level in the entire offense is Delanie Walker, I could argue that half of the non-Walker offensive players are actually below replacement level.

I'm not playing this week beyond my freebies, but if I were Indy DST would be the first slot I filled in every roster I constructed. I'm not saying I wouldn't change from them if I had the money (there are some higher-priced models that look good to me as well), but I would start with Indy as the place-holder if nothing else.

I played around with rotogrinders lineup builder and uploaded 67 lineups to the $2 GPP...lets see what happens lol.
Good luck.

I'd like to hear about how you were able to keep track of all of them on Sunday and, perhaps more importantly, if it was enjoyable. Part of DFS for me is the entertainment on Sundays.

I've found that I can't keep track of more than 3-4 cash lineups on Sunday without it starting to feel like work. I usually end up ignoring my GPP plays until Sunday evening when I check to see if any of them have any hope.

Tennessee_ATO said:
SeniorVBDStudent said:
I played around with rotogrinders lineup builder and uploaded 67 lineups to the $2 GPP...lets see what happens lol.
Good luck. I'd like to hear about how you were able to keep track of all of them on Sunday and, perhaps more importantly, if it was enjoyable. Part of DFS for me is the entertainment on Sundays.

I've found that I can't keep track of more than 3-4 cash lineups on Sunday without it starting to feel like work. I usually end up ignoring my GPP plays until Sunday evening when I check to see if any of them have any hope.
Oh i dont track. Previously i would have 10 or 20 entries in play of the 1 2 and/or 5 dollar variety only keeping track of the relative performance of my key players. The check on it sunday evening to see if im going to break even or not.

I was quite giddy when i looked last week and one of my entries was winning $400. :)

I didn't realize all these have to happen for Colts to make the playoffs.

The Colts must beat the Tennessee Titans.

The Houston Texans must lose at home to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Miami must beat New England.

Denver must beat San Diego.

Atlanta must beat New Orleans.

Baltimore must beat Cincinnati.

Buffalo must beat the New York Jets.

Oakland must beat Kansas City.

Pittsburgh must beat Cleveland.

Somebody bet that 9 game parlay just in case.

Tenn and Cle are in the hunt for first draft pick. I wonder if either lays down.

Wash should rest their starters as they are stuck with 4th seed.

Jacksonville will fight hard vs Hou.
Why do you believe Jacksonville will fight hard?

What is their incentive?

I didn't realize all these have to happen for Colts to make the playoffs.

The Colts must beat the Tennessee Titans.

The Houston Texans must lose at home to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Miami must beat New England.

Denver must beat San Diego.

Atlanta must beat New Orleans.

Baltimore must beat Cincinnati.

Buffalo must beat the New York Jets.

Oakland must beat Kansas City.

Pittsburgh must beat Cleveland.

Somebody bet that 9 game parlay just in case.
One year the Titans needed like 6-7 things to happen to make the playoffs. They all happened.

Except for the Titans winning part.

Tennessee_ATO said:
I'd like to hear about how you were able to keep track of all of them on Sunday and, perhaps more importantly, if it was enjoyable. Part of DFS for me is the entertainment on Sundays.

Last week I put 500 lineups into play in the Sun-Mon slate.

The only "tracking" I did was scrolling casually through them to look, out of curiosity, at any lineup scoring 180 or more.

I would really like it if FanDuel allowed us to sort lineups by points (as FantasyDraft does). That would make it much easier to find my decent lineups. I would also really like it if FanDuel made it easier to see how many remaining player-minutes there are in each lineup. They kind of do this in the mobile version with the little green bar, but they don't do it at all in the desktop version (without clicking on individual contests or lineups).

One thing I know for sure is that something crazy is going to happen in that NYJ-BUF game tomorrow. Jets need the win to secure a playoff spot. All they have to do is beat Rex, who would love nothing more than to ruin the Jets' season. I'm not a fan of "extra motivation" games, but all bets are off with Rex. Crazy seems to follow him around in normal circumstances. I don't know what will happen, but it won't be according to any standard script.

One thing I know for sure is that something crazy is going to happen in that NYJ-BUF game tomorrow. Jets need the win to secure a playoff spot. All they have to do is beat Rex, who would love nothing more than to ruin the Jets' season. I'm not a fan of "extra motivation" games, but all bets are off with Rex. Crazy seems to follow him around in normal circumstances. I don't know what will happen, but it won't be according to any standard script.
should be some snow flurries in that game too, maybe it gives the game an extra level of randomness

also, at $4600, Tre Mason is pretty much a must play in all formats IMO. He's a really talented player, had some crazy games last year.

also, at $4600, Tre Mason is pretty much a must play in all formats IMO. He's a really talented player, had some crazy games last year.
I have him in a ton of line ups, so thats basically the kiss of death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't bring myself to do it. Have a bad feeling that Cunningham will take all the goal line carries from Mason.

Watching this espn fantasy show they have Jordan Reed #20 TE. That's hard to believe. I put him in some lineups.

Watching this espn fantasy show they have Jordan Reed #20 TE. That's hard to believe. I put him in some lineups.
What if he plays 1 quarter? Of all their players, that's the guy they need to put on the sideline and not risk injury.

What if he plays 1 quarter? Of all their players, that's the guy they need to put on the sideline and not risk injury.
Yeah I did some digging after I posted this. I didn't realize they don't really have anything to play for. Switched in Ertz where I had Reed and upgraded some other spots with the extra money.

I keep reading everywhere that all the Steelers are,going to make it a point for DeAngelo to get his 100 yds today to reach 1,000. Shouldn't be too hard for them to beat CLE and pray for a Jets loss so I'm fading A. Brown as I think D-Will just carries the rock till the cows come home.

I tried making a bunch of small leagues in the last half hour, and they kept filling before I could even import my lineups. Locked out of my own contests!! In all my time playing Fanduel I've never seen anything like this

I did some swapping of backs for variance. I dont know if getting exposure to Ivory was a good idea given Ridley is starting ahead of him... Fml.

I keep reading everywhere that all the Steelers are,going to make it a point for DeAngelo to get his 100 yds today to reach 1,000. Shouldn't be too hard for them to beat CLE and pray for a Jets loss so I'm fading A. Brown as I think D-Will just carries the rock till the cows come home.
Oops. Well at least everyone else in my league has him ;) . Can't win 'em all.

Users who are viewing this thread