Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2018 IN SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

10 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1 te 2 flex standard scoring ppr with all tds are 6 points. 

I gave Marvin Jones

I get 1.06

:lmao:

2 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

:lmao:

What am I missing?

Just now, SayWhat? said:

You didn't miss anything.  You found a sucker.  Well done.  

Oh, it is weird because they offered it to me. Seen it in my inbox yesterday. 

Just now, msudaisy26 said:

Oh, it is weird because they offered it to me. Seen it in my inbox yesterday. 

Even better, guilt free!

2 hours ago, Football Jones said:

Dak is going to surprise a lot of people & is now a big-time bargain. He was one of the top scorers as late as the first half of the season until Zeke got suspended & the injury to Tyrone Smith caused pass pro problems.

He’s been throwing to a below-average receiving corps & it’s going to make all the  difference in the world as Dallas upgrades their WRs. Gathers might be a monster, as well.

Huge ceiling for Dak.

Yes he was great to start the season, but he was even more horrific to finish it. That can’t be discounted.  Ball placement, pocket awareness, etc etc it has to be very concerning for his owners. He looked flat out lost at times.  

I still think he rebounds from that and settles in as a back end qb1, but your expectations seem quite lofty 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

How bad of a trade it was for the other guy.

I wish I could get silly offers like that. I guess I got one once where I got gronk and gave fleener/2nd when fleener went to NO. The only time I can remember hitting accept as fast as I could hoping I didn’t miss the chance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

Start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1 te 2 flex standard scoring ppr with all tds are 6 points. 

I gave Marvin Jones

I get 1.06

Jesus. Wish I could get this for Jones.

12 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

12 team ppr QB / 2RB / 3WR / TE / FL

Team A gave up Ryan, Matt ATL QB; Cohen, Tarik CHI RB; Jones, Julio ATL WR; Olsen, Greg CAR TE

Team B gave up Watson, Deshaun HOU QB ; Davis, Corey TEN WR; 3.04

I can see it if someone is really into Davis and Watson that much. This is a weird one for me because if I already had either of these sides I don't think I would move it for the opposite side. I guess that means it's pretty even for me. But my gut reaction is that Julio should haul more. 

I see this as roughly Watson and the 3.04 for Ryan, Olsen and Cohen. Then it leaves Davis for Julio. Not terrible. Not great.

10-team PPR Best Ball

Gave: Jared Goff, Robert Woods, Jamison Crowder

Got: Derek Carr, Brandin Cooks, Donte Moncrief

2 minutes ago, TheBottomLine said:

10-team PPR Best Ball

Cooks by a lot.

• Like 4

FFPC, not involved.

Team A gave: Demaryius Thomas, 2019 2nd (mid)

Team A received: Sterling Shepard, Adam Shaheen, 4.12, 5.12, 6.12

Just now, FreeBaGeL said:

FFPC, not involved.

I would take the young guys but it's close

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

FFPC, not involved.

Team A.

On 1/24/2018 at 11:37 PM, menobrown said:

I offered Bell for the 1.1 weeks ago, before retirement threats and reports of highest bidder stuff, and got rejected with no counter. So for me the 1.1 alone was already more than enough without the picks no matter the team makeup and if it is young, old, rebuilding or competing, give me the 1.1 over Bell straight up all day all the time.

I can’t  agree with this. A known stud RB just hitting his prime. Number 1 PPG player (other than QB) overall is worth more than an unknown rookie in particular for a competitor. Regardless of pedigree and expectations. This is prime example of rookie fever.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

I can’t  agree with this. A known stud RB just hitting his prime. Number 1 PPG player (other than QB) overall is worth more than an unknown rookie in particular for a competitor. Regardless of pedigree and expectations. This is prime example of rookie fever.

Some merit to this but not sure I’d say a 26 1/2 year old RB is just hitting his prime. Also Barkley isn’t just some unknown rookie. I can see both sides depending on team.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fruity pebbles said:

Some merit to this but not sure I’d say a 26 1/2 year old RB is just hitting his prime. Also Barkley isn’t just some unknown rookie. I can see both sides depending on team.

Perhaps his first “prime” year was 2017 but he is squarely in his prime for the next 2 years. Barkley isn’t unknown but is unknown in NFL context which makes him risky to rely upon as a RB1 for a competitor.

24 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

Perhaps his first “prime” year was 2017 but he is squarely in his prime for the next 2 years. Barkley isn’t unknown but is unknown in NFL context which makes him risky to rely upon as a RB1 for a competitor.

If ‘quon doesn’t come out and have 1800 total yds and 14tds he will be a bust at this point. Sure, he looks great, but even if he is there are so many variables that can make him “bust”. People label these guys as the next best ever rb in the nfl, and you just simply can’t predict that. Hard to say “wait until draft time and the pick will be worth more” when people are going so bonkers now. I think the 1.02-1.06 will be worth more come draft time as well but it’s like people are looking at this draft as “1.01 and a bunch of garbage.” Barkley looks great but there is a lot of other talent here too, and some attractive landing spots as well. 

In the case above you can’t discount the fact that bell has been suspended a couple times. That uncertainty mitigates the uncertainty that Barkley brings. 

9 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

FFPC, not involved.

Shepard

9 hours ago, TheBottomLine said:

10-team PPR Best Ball

Cooks alone 

10 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

Jesus. Wish I could get this for Jones.

Didn’t know Jones was even worth 2.6

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeaton6 said:

Agree there is added risk but Barkley is the surest thing that has come around in a long time. You have to admit that some point the next great RB will come into the league and put up bigger numbers than the current talents, whether he finishes 1,2,3 he is very likely to finish amongst Bell, Gurley as early as year 1 plus the fact that the kid is 21. I would go further than Snork and say there is more risk surrounding Bell. Now if guys want to wait and see him play in the nfl before buying that is their decision but I definitely think it is possible the price goes up further.

I also don't disagree there are other talented backs coming out this year but in the rest of the cases predicting their exact nfl success is more difficult. You can point to Kamara  last year as an example but the large majority of drafters weren't able to identify the level of success correctly, In my 7 FFPC leagues he was drafted between 1.09 and 2.3.

I'm just trying to say the first round picks outside 1 have good value but some of us have chosen to consolidate and reduce risk similar as to how others want to reduce risk by not spending on Barkley without seeing him in the nfl.

And yes once we get to the combine, where I suspect Barkley may put up some really good numbers I think the price could go up but I'll admit is very high now.

1 hour ago, Snorkelson said:

If ‘quon doesn’t come out and have 1800 total yds and 14tds he will be a bust at this point. Sure, he looks great, but even if he is there are so many variables that can make him “bust”. People label these guys as the next best ever rb in the nfl, and you just simply can’t predict that. Hard to say “wait until draft time and the pick will be worth more” when people are going so bonkers now. I think the 1.02-1.06 will be worth more come draft time as well but it’s like people are looking at this draft as “1.01 and a bunch of garbage.” Barkley looks great but there is a lot of other talent here too, and some attractive landing spots as well. 

In the case above you can’t discount the fact that bell has been suspended a couple times. That uncertainty mitigates the uncertainty that Barkley brings. 

He should be out of the program very shortly if he's not already.  Being a "medical" issue they may not be releasing information like that proactively.  But players in Stage 2 of the Program are released from the program after two years of no failed tests, with possible early release (never gonna happen) written into the rules. Bell is in stage 2.  His last missed test was April 2018 so that's most likely the "start point" for his two year window of staying clean. 

Just now, Hankmoody said:

He should be out of the program very shortly if he's not already.  Being a "medical" issue they may not be releasing information like that proactively.  But players in Stage 2 of the Program are released from the program after two years of no failed tests, with possible early release (never gonna happen) written into the rules. Bell is in stage 2.  His last missed test was April 2018 so that's most likely the "start point" for his two year window of staying clean. 

Last missed test in April of this year- someone hitting 420 a little early?

3 hours ago, jeaton6 said:

Like I said, I can see both sides with this one. If i were a competing team I could see preferring Bell but if I was in a start up I would without hesitating take Barkley. My strategy is usually a long term one where I punt the first year. I would have very little interest in a back pushing 27 unless it was to flip him.

4 hours ago, One More Rep said:

I am not saying Jones is worth the 1.6 but he was wr12 this year and looks to be improving to me. Feel like he is being undervalued some

Yeah I don't disagree but have never got a single offer for him and have included him in several offers over the last couple years. Nobody wants him. Maybe this offseason will be better. I feel like I'm the only person in my leagues that like him. 

1 minute ago, barackdhouse said:

Yeah I don't disagree but have never got a single offer for him and have included him in several offers over the last couple years. Nobody wants him. Maybe this offseason will be better. I feel like I'm the only person in my leagues that like him. 

I take that back. I was offered like a 4th rounder for Jones by an owner that then followed up by offering 3.8 for Doug Baldwin. I actually got a little pissy at the guy for those offers. 

14 hours ago, jeaton6 said:

I know not everyone has vision, they need to see it first, they think in terms of what was instead of what will be and that's to me is fine and just goes along the lines of one if many different methods and strategies used by dynasty owners.

But on this particular team of mine where I offered Bell for 1.1 it's a league where I took Bell in the startup which took place during his rookie season. I've owned him his whole career and would not agree that he's just hitting his prime. My team is a competitor, but not just a competitor so much as the overwhelming heavy favorite. If Barkley was a merely solid 15 PPG type of guy my team would still be the overwhelming heavy favorite.  This is just the kind of team that can afford to gamble on giving up a proven player for non-proven one and most of all I feel like these are the kinds of moves I need to make if I want to continue being the heavy favorite in a few years instead of looking at a rebuild in 2-3 years.

• Like 1

Two trades, same team.  Zealots non-ppr.  QRWWWTFF.

Team A gave Mixon

Team B gave TY Hilton

Team A gave Hyde + 1.10

Team C gave M.Bryant + 1.04

I'm Team A.  Going in I had Fournette, D.Cook, CMC, Mixon, Hyde, OJB, AJ Green, Cooper, Doctson, and M.Lee.

Given the starting requirements, I felt the team was a bit RB heavy.  Though I'm sure opinions vary, Hilton should be a decent starter.  Bryant is a bench wait and see.  The move from 1.10 to 1.04 should provide a replacement for Mixon or at least an age reduction from Hyde.

Another trade.  Different Zealot league.  Lower stakes.

Team A gave Snead & M.Hollins

Team B gave McKinnon

Flyers on both sides.  In this deal I'm A.  With this team I felt I was okay at WR and needed a RB dart throw.

Edited by tkrull

7 minutes ago, tkrull said:

Team B gave McKinnon

Flyers on both sides.  In this deal I'm B.  With this team I felt I was okay at WR and needed a RB dart throw.

Wait, so you're team B and gave McKinnon for two receivers because you say you needed a RB dart. You're team A, aren't you? :)

10 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Wait, so you're team B and gave McKinnon for two receivers because you say you needed a RB dart. You're team A, aren't you? :)

Corrected.  Thanks.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tkrull said:

Team A gave Mixon

Team B gave TY Hilton

Team A gave Hyde + 1.10

I'm Team A.  Going in I had Fournette, D.Cook, CMC, Mixon, Hyde, OJB, AJ Green, Cooper, Doctson, and M.Lee.

Given the starting requirements, I felt the team was a bit RB heavy.  Though I'm sure opinions vary, Hilton should be a decent starter.  Bryant is a bench wait and see.  The move from 1.10 to 1.04 should provide a replacement for Mixon or at least an age reduction from Hyde.

In a vacuum I’d rTher have Mixon than Hilton but I’d take the 1.04 and Bryant over Hyde and the 1.10

1 hour ago, tkrull said:

Team A gave Mixon

Team B gave TY Hilton

Team A gave Hyde + 1.10

I like Mixon in 1st one and 1.4 in 2nd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tkrull said:

Team B gave McKinnon

Flyers on both sides.  In this deal I'm A.  With this team I felt I was okay at WR and needed a RB dart throw.

McKinnon for me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chad Parsons said:

Stock PPR, deeper lineups

Alvin Kamara

for

Derrick Henry, Pierre Garçon, 1.07, 2.07

Definitely Kamara...looks like you are getting him without giving up a core piece...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, One More Rep said:

Ajayi for me

I will take the 2.1. Between workload and health concerns, I don’t trust Ajayi to be a core starter in PPR leagues. 

6 minutes ago, JackReacher said:

I will take the 2.1. Between workload and health concerns, I don’t trust Ajayi to be a core starter in PPR leagues. 

Agreed...but I also think Agholor seems to be carving out his role and has a chance to keep growing in that offense...I am very intrigued by him next season...

Edited by Boston

6 hours ago, tkrull said:

Team B gave McKinnon

I like the McKinnon side...you can never have enough RB depth and there is a possibility that he could go to a team where he gets a bigger role...you get him now for what I guess are two end-of-the-bench WRs...if he ends up in a better spot this will be a steal...

9 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

Alvin Kamara

for

Kamara

9 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

Superflex, IDP, Devy (combine day draft)

2.12, 3.12

for 

Drew Brees

Brees

12 hours ago, buck naked said:

FFPC league

Jay Ajayi

for 

Nelson Agholor, 2018 2.1

I would have preferred to get a slightly better rookie pick for Ajayi if I owned him, but maybe that owner couldn't. I don't value Agholor, so would have preferred even 1.10 to 2.1/NA. 

15 hours ago, tkrull said:

Team B gave McKinnon

McKinnon

15 hours ago, tkrull said:

Team A gave Mixon

Team B gave TY Hilton

Team A gave Hyde + 1.10

Mixon | 1.4/Bryant

11 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

Superflex, IDP, Devy (combine day draft)

2.12, 3.12

for 

Drew B/rees

In Superflex?  I don't play IDP and i know that will push the value of 2.12 and 3.12 up some, but Brees by a mile.  Any consistently starting QB is worth a lot

11 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

Alvin Kamara

for

Kamara was awesome, but I think Henry has a bright future as well. I’d like to see rookie landing spots to see what’s available at 1.07 or if you can turn the picks into 1.04 or 1.05 instead, then I think it will look pretty good a year from now. Garçon doesn’t interest me. 

There are a few things that could put a damper on kamara- regression in efficiency, defense (or team in general) regresses, adding a target through the draft, if somehow graham came back as a free agent for a couple years, some or none of which may happen. I’m not sure if I think he’s a sell while his value is astronomical or a top 10 back for the some of the next 7 years. 

8 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Kamara was awesome, but I think Henry has a bright future as well. I’d like to see rookie landing spots to see what’s available at 1.07 or if you can turn the picks into 1.04 or 1.05 instead, then I think it will look pretty good a year from now. Garçon doesn’t interest me. 

There are a few things that could put a damper on kamara- regression in efficiency, defense (or team in general) regresses, adding a target through the draft, if somehow graham came back as a free agent for a couple years, some or none of which may happen. I’m not sure if I think he’s a sell while his value is astronomical or a top 10 back for the some of the next 7 years. 

If the defense regresses you think that would be bad for Kamara in his pass catching role?

The Saints offense has never been an issue so not sure what you mean by “team in general” and how that would be different from the defense regressing.

I don’t buy into adding another target hurting Kamara either as he proved to be a weapon that will be used. The more minor offensive players like Ginn, Snead, Coleman, Hill etc. that would suffer in that case. Why would the targets come from Thomas or Kamara and not those guys?

• Like 2